Dak permanently has quieted the doubters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just ask because nobody expected them to win yet he had a great game in a game he wasn’t suppose to win anyway. So how do we gauge that?

You gauge it by breaking down player performance, a win versus a loss, comparing to the players on the other team.....

there are all kinds of ways to gauge it.

A simplified "win loss" only? Isn;t the way.

A generalized "dak is the greatest ever" ...isn;t it either.

a "zeke is washed up" isn't.

But people put on their blinders and choose to select just part of the whole entire picture. We "see what we want to see" ...whether we recognize that or not doesn't matter. Accusing others of doing it while refusing to believe WE do it...doesn't matter.

We all do it. It is human nature.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t have to fight the people that do. Just ignore the particular post unless it’s in directly at you and then yeah I don’t blame you. My issue is it’s not for me to say. As long as they leave me out of it. Right wrong or indifferent. I support opinions not people

Rock directs posts at ME...personally. So...you KNOW that!..... not sure why you are being so coy about it.

You either defend what is right...or not. Making excuses?

Oh so "just leave me out of it"...when you defend him being in the wrong? That makes you wrong....

If you have a case of me being a hater...than show it and say it. If not...you should defend me from it. Support the OPINIONS...not the people...right?

Or not....it is ultimately your choice to adhere to your own moral compass. Just be honest about it.

jnday

Reaction score
Lol.....team, team, team.

we’re talking about a player and your terrible evaluation of his talent and abilities. You got it all wrong and you can’t handle it.

only one ignorant is you.
I was wrong about one thing. I assumed when Dak was struggling to pass for two hundred yards a game that an increase in his production would result in more wins. It hasn’t. It is the total opposite. The more big stats that he puts up, the less games Dallas wins. The number of wins have decreased from his rookie year on a steady decline as his stats increase. What did I get wrong? Empty stats that don’t translate to wins is useless. I have never bashed Dak following one of his bad games, but I might change that approach this year since posters like you want to call out those that disagree with you about Dak. The puzzling thing is that you think that the proper time to claim you are right is after a loss. IMO, there is nothing to brag about when they lose a game. I know that many of you have passed the point of caring about winning games as long as Dak gets his stats and you feel that he has proved you right, but at the end of the day, winning games is the only stat that matters. NFL teams used to concentrate their defensive efforts on stopping Zeke and the run game to bear Dallas. They wanted to make Dak beat them. It was a great strategy because Dak and his stats still struggles to win games when opposing defenses makes Dak beat them.

jnday

Reaction score
I just ask because nobody expected them to win yet he had a great game in a game he wasn’t suppose to win anyway. So how do we gauge that?
You gauge it as another loss where Dak had great stats that didn’t translate into winning the game. Tampa Bay played a sloppy game. It was a game where they was clearly beatable. They want turn the ball over nearly as much as the season progresses. If Dallas ever had a chance of beating the Bucs, then this was it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was wrong about one thing. I assumed when Dak was struggling to pass for two hundred yards a game that an increase in his production would result in more wins. It hasn’t. It is the total opposite. The more big stats that he puts up, the less games Dallas wins. The number of wins have decreased from his rookie year on a steady decline as his stats increase. What did I get wrong? Empty stats that don’t translate to wins is useless. I have never bashed Dak following one of his bad games, but I might change that approach this year since posters like you want to call out those that disagree with you about Dak. The puzzling thing is that you think that the proper time to claim you are right is after a loss. IMO, there is nothing to brag about when they lose a game. I know that many of you have passed the point of caring about winning games as long as Dak gets his stats and you feel that he has proved you right, but at the end of the day, winning games is the only stat that matters. NFL teams used to concentrate their defensive efforts on stopping Zeke and the run game to bear Dallas. They wanted to make Dak beat them. It was a great strategy because Dak and his stats still struggles to win games when opposing defenses makes Dak beat them.
This is pretty much how it goes w/ all QB's. High volume passes mostly = losses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You gauge it as another loss where Dak had great stats that didn’t translate into winning the game. Tampa Bay played a sloppy game. It was a game where they was clearly beatable. They want turn the ball over nearly as much as the season progresses. If Dallas ever had a chance of beating the Bucs, then this was it.

So the losses are on the team they are squarely on Dak's shoulders?

jnday

Reaction score
This is pretty much how it goes w/ all QB's. High volume passes mostly = losses.
My whole issue celebrating Dak and his stats which don’t produce wins. When I played, I looked at things the same way. Dak played a very good game, but that is no reason to celebrate if you don’t win. Skip Bayless’s response after the game was a slightly exaggerated response similar to some of these posters. Skip is a sleezebag and was acting like the Cowboys has won a Super Bowl because of Dak’s play. He totally didn’t mind that the game was a loss. I am sure that you remember the high scoring game years ago when Dallas played Denver. Romo’s stats was unbelievable. He played great, but Dallas lost, so that game and his stats meant nothing. That game is no different than the Bucs game IMO.

jnday

Reaction score
So the losses are on the team they are squarely on Dak's shoulders?
I have never said that. He played well, but he didn’t play well enough for some of these posters to claim that proved something. He had similar games last with similar results. I don’t think anybody was surprised that he is capable of having a good game except for his hardcore defenders that apparently thought that the Bucs game was some kind of statement game that could be used to validate their overbearing fandom.

Reaction score
I have never said that. He played well, but he didn’t play well enough for some of these posters to claim that proved something. He had similar games last with similar results. I don’t think anybody was surprised that he is capable of having a good game except for his hardcore defenders that apparently thought that the Bucs game was some kind of statement game that could be used to validate their overbearing fandom.

He had too many bad throws that could have made a difference, but Dak should get some slack since the middle of the OL was getting bulldozed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your point is spot on but it's too subtle for thick headed agenda driven.......people. They have LOST their minds defending Dak from ANY form of criticism,...even when it not directed at him. They...have lost their minds.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean let's just get over the charades of what people "say". People say a lot of things. Let's just call it like we see it. If we call it like we see it then yeah we saw Dak play a great game against a great opponent. We all sat here and complained just a week before the game he doesn't play well on the road or against good teams...we got both. He's dispelled that rumor already through one week. Now we just gotta get the W. Should be a lot easier since we don't play the Bucc's every week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your point is spot on but it's too subtle for thick headed agenda driven.......people. They have LOST their minds defending Dak from ANY form of criticism,...even when it not directed at him. They...have lost their minds.
You have no idea what you're even talking about just butting into conversations as usual......me and @jnday are having a civil debate on the manner and you're coming here talking about some agendas and all this other ****.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have no idea what you're even talking about just butting into conversations as usual......me and @jnday are having a civil debate on the manner and you're coming here talking about some agendas and all this other ****.
"you butted into a conversation"
YOU DON;T EVEN KNOW HOW A FORUM WORKS!.. an you expect me to take you seriously.

Idiots everywhere...so take care!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean let's just get over the charades of what people "say".k.

If...this applies to YOU....then okay.

If you think you are immune to everything that applies to everyone else...then well...carry on.

"lets' just get over the charades of what people say".....but NOT ME. Right?

You are immune to what accuse others of?

What a crock of BS.

We ALL are subject to the human condition;.....saying you aren't doesn't make you not.

Especially when you SAY you aren't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If...this applies to YOU....then okay.

If you think you are immune to everything that applies to everyone else...then well...carry on.

"lets' just get over the charades of what people say".....but NOT ME. Right?

You are immune to what accuse others of?

What a crock of BS.

We ALL are subject to the human condition;.....saying you aren't doesn't make you not.

Especially when you SAY you aren't.

It does apply to me as well. When did.I say any of the above?

Status
Not open for further replies.