Dak played well enough to win

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Does any poster on this board have the ability to discuss Dak in a fair and balanced manner...Not overly critical and not overly defensive?

If that person exists, who is it?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does any poster on this board have the ability to discuss Dak in a fair and balanced manner...Not overly critical and not overly defensive?

Dak is a pretty good QB, but he's got a long way to go before I'd label him between very good and great, and I don't think "elite" is in his future.

ondaedg

Reaction score
well enough doesn't win championships. Dak has more help in every season of his career than Romo had. Romo still got trashed. The fans love him, but the experts don't even think he's a hall of famer. Even though he was. No more excuses for Dak after 4 years. It's time to read defenses well, hit open receivers and attack every part of the field.

Romo had a few defenses that were better than any D Dak has had.

Sydla

Reaction score
The OP highlights the problem. Nav22 has spent months and months talking about how great Dak is, how he deserves to be paid in the Top 3 of QBs, etc.

And yet here he is saying, well, Dak was good enough to win.................. that's fainting praise right there. Good enough? You can't claim he's an elite, top of the barrel QB and then basically make excuses for him in a loss and say his play was good enough, adequate enough to get a win. If he's this elite QB that you claim, he has to be better than "good" in these big games. He should be great.

So yes, Dak didn't play poorly. Anyone that says that has an agenda. But he didn't play great either.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
we played well enough to win the SBs we lost also. does that make you feel better?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Romo had a few defenses that were better than any D Dak has had.
Not true. The only good defenses romo had was in 2005. There were 2 average defenses. None were good. Thru had great players who had monster seasons, but never a great unit.

black label

Reaction score
most nfl average qb's play good enough to win, to many play average and lose though

12+88=7

Reaction score
The OP has a total agenda. It doesn't matter how many points or facts anyone presents that doesn't validate his viewpoint. Prescott is untouchable.

He doesn't care about the team, it's all about Prescott and he being proven right.

Let's list facts. The dime to Gallup didn't happen. I have Gallup in fantasy and that completion doesn't appear on the stat line.

Dallas was down 20-17 going into the 4th quarter. Dallas had three possessions and ran 22 plays for a total of 76 yards. The offense "sucked". Prescott is the leader of the offense, so you know how that goes.

Last year when Dallas was in the same situations trailing in the 4th quarter against playoff teams, Dallas had 9 possessions and got a total of 6 points in those possessions. Yes, the great offense got 2 FGs.

Now Dallas starts the year with ZERO points on three possessions when trailing in the 4th quarter.

Dallas is now 0-1, but who cares, Prescott supposedly had a good game. That's all that matters right.

kskboys

Reaction score

Those people stay out of the Dak discussion because they're so lame.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
25-39, 266 Yds, TD, 30 Rush yds, sacked 3 times, zero turnovers.

92.5 passer rating, 73.4 Total QBR (8th-best in the NFL thus far).

Absolute dime to Gallup that should’ve/could’ve resulted in overtime or a win.

And all of that was despite a pass rush that got in his face for much of the night, led by the great Aaron Donald wreaking havoc inside.

Today is Monday. The Cowboys are being talked about nationally on every single sports show, TV or radio/podcast. I have yet to see a SINGLE analyst put this loss on Dak’s “poor play,” even though blaming the QB is an automatic ratings bonanza (ask Tony Romo).

You know why? Because Dak actually played WELL... and anyone without a CLEAR bias and who knows football, knows it.

If I’m wrong, PLEASE link me to a respected analyst who says that Dak played poorly last night. Go right ahead!

1) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you’re an angry, know-nothing troglodyte who doesn’t like him, facts be damned.

2) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you don’t watch enough football to know what good QB play and bad QB play really looks like.

3) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because your life SUCKS and it kills you to see a young overachiever make $31.4M to play QB for your favorite football team.

If you’re reading this and got offended, good. You people know who you are. I know the truth hurts.

The VERY strong majority of football analysts/players/coaches/GMs know that Dak is a top-10 QB.

Let this serve as a reminder to the loud minority crying about Dak’s play after a tough loss: you people generally aren’t even worth the time of day to even respond to. Consider this your lucky day!
:thumbup:

I agree Nav except for this. If you are going to paint the picture you have to paint all of it.

You and I do not need national analysts to tell us anything because none of them know more about the team than we do as well as many others in here. We breathe every conceivable bit of information in.

Dak wasn't the problem, the problem is he wasn't the answer either. Let's put aside the call, they evened out. On our pick we clearly hit Goff in the head and it wasn't called.

We got the ball with two time outs with plenty of time remaining needing only a field goal on the final drive and we never made it past the 35. We had a total of 79 yards passing in the second half. That is not acceptable.

You have to accept the QB cannot be absolved from responsibility of not winning close games and it's been an uncomfortable truth with Dak and he would be the first to tell you he needs to be better.

Hopefully we'll be okay moving forward.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
25-39, 266 Yds, TD, 30 Rush yds, sacked 3 times, zero turnovers.

92.5 passer rating, 73.4 Total QBR (8th-best in the NFL thus far).

Absolute dime to Gallup that should’ve/could’ve resulted in overtime or a win.

And all of that was despite a pass rush that got in his face for much of the night, led by the great Aaron Donald wreaking havoc inside.

Today is Monday. The Cowboys are being talked about nationally on every single sports show, TV or radio/podcast. I have yet to see a SINGLE analyst put this loss on Dak’s “poor play,” even though blaming the QB is an automatic ratings bonanza (ask Tony Romo).

You know why? Because Dak actually played WELL... and anyone without a CLEAR bias and who knows football, knows it.

If I’m wrong, PLEASE link me to a respected analyst who says that Dak played poorly last night. Go right ahead!

1) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you’re an angry, know-nothing troglodyte who doesn’t like him, facts be damned.

2) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because you don’t watch enough football to know what good QB play and bad QB play really looks like.

3) He didn’t “play poorly“ just because your life SUCKS and it kills you to see a young overachiever make $31.4M to play QB for your favorite football team.

If you’re reading this and got offended, good. You people know who you are. I know the truth hurts.

The VERY strong majority of football analysts/players/coaches/GMs know that Dak is a top-10 QB.

Let this serve as a reminder to the loud minority crying about Dak’s play after a tough loss: you people generally aren’t even worth the time of day to even respond to. Consider this your lucky day!
:thumbup:
Apparently not.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score

Being rational. I want dak to succeed. I’m a dak fan.

However I’m a fan of winning first. I look at dak and say there is a very good quarterback. He’s a leader.... but he definitely relies heavily on the talent around him.

That’s fine... a lot of qbs do. But this is a guy that’s wants 40 mil a year. If we give him that.... we lose the ability to sign other players to help him. So you have less talent.

That’s what worries me. A guy that puts up stats against bad teams. A guy that can’t elevate the talent around him... will giving him big money keep us mired in mediocrity?

If he can’t win with this offense and coaching staff.... in a division that’s not very good. How can we expect to win with him in the future? That’s why this is a make or break year I think.

star-ving

Reaction score
RequiredSafeFanworms-size_restricted.gif

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He played about like a bus driver should. Wasn't bad, but wasn't great. He had the ball at the end and didn't win. Couldn't even drive into opponent territory. We can't be paying 40M a year for a guy who gets a lot of moral victories.

Nav22

Reaction score
I agree Nav except for this. If you are going to paint the picture you have to paint all of it.

You and I do not need national analysts to tell us anything because none of them know more about the team than we do as well as many others in here. We breathe every conceivable bit of information in.

Dak wasn't the problem, the problem is he wasn't the answer either. Let's put aside the call, they evened out. On our pick we clearly hit Goff in the head and it wasn't called.

We got the ball with two time outs with plenty of time remaining needing only a field goal on the final drive and we never made it past the 35. We had a total of 79 yards passing in the second half. That is not acceptable.

You have to accept the QB cannot be absolved from responsibility of not winning close games and it's been an uncomfortable truth with Dak and he would be the first to tell you he needs to be better.

Hopefully we'll be okay moving forward.
In the last 17 games, you’re right... Dak hasn’t been very clutch late in games, although I’d argue that the deep ball to Gallup was as clutch as it gets.

From 2016-18, he was as clutch as any QB in football. Hopefully he gets back to that ASAP.