Dak playing shrewd Money game

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Maybe Dak saw how we puckered up for Zeke, Cooper and Dlaw and simply wanted his.

Maybe cause we caved on the others is why we can’t handle a couple more million a year for him.

All of a sudden we’re pounding our chest cause we got tough on this deal.

Caving to DLaw after he used his shoulder injury as a bargaining weapon was bad bidness. Gotta deter that sorta thing. Jerry lost deterrence.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe Dak saw how we puckered up for Zeke, Cooper and Dlaw and simply wanted his.

Maybe cause we caved on the others is why we can’t handle a couple more million a year for him.

All of a sudden we’re pounding our chest cause we got tough on this deal.
Seems like his agent didn’t tell him everything. Why is he on the phone at the last minute getting contract info that he is saying or acting now like he would sign. 70 million in 2 years. Lol. 50 up front.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Caving to DLaw after he used his shoulder injury as a bargaining weapon was bad bidness. Gotta deter that sorta thing. Jerry lost deterrence.
So , after securing all of our supporting cast and Elite talent we’ve now decided to get tough on our franchise QB. Brilliant . Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We started this negotiation w/ a fair offer last year, around 28 I believe. Dak's lastest offer was between 33-35 mil w/ over 100 mil guaranteed.

There's simply no room to go up if we want to compete for super bowls.

I understand your thought but we should have considered this before we signed everyone else not after we have secured our Elite supporting cast with our new HC then not securing our franchise QB .

Does this place us in a more favorable position to win Super Bowls?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You still don't get it. it was all about a pie. Dak wanted more of the pie than what was left. Ergo, no pie.
We should have secured our QB before cutting up the pie.

So, we’re pounding our chest while we’ve just dismantled our best shot to be a more serious contender the next few years after securing the Elite supporting cast . All without a franchise QB. Brilliant . Lol

It’s like I’ve built this beautiful racing car but I decided to get cheap on the driver.

FTWayne

Reaction score
no it's like you built a race can, and the driver wants too much money to keep the car running

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Dak is 26. He'll be 30 in 4 years. Just sayin'.

I think he's playing w/ fire. This could also go really bad for him.

Perfectly said.

Don't forget that there are estimates that teams are going to take anywhere from a 50-70 million dollar hit without fans this year and that's even assuming they get TV money. The players want that spread out over so many years but Mahomes did it right by getting his deal done before this year. I don't see a lot of mega contracts coming down the road.

Nothing is for sure moving forward, games, schedule and money.

Playing with fire indeed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who cares how this is for Dak. I’m more concerned what this means for the Cowboys.

We’ve built a team ready to contend now bringing in a legit HC and staff and we just decided not to secure our franchise QB .

Hello........

fivetwos

Reaction score
The major mistake in most analyses of this is assuming Dak gets the chance to play here the next couple of years.

Totally credible that we move on this year, trade Dak while we can get something for him, and roll with Dalton.
I dont think he has a whole lot of trade value.

khiladi

Reaction score
THEY TRIED.

Geez, why do people keep posting this? Cowboys made an extremely fair offer last year. Dak turned it down.

What are you proposing, that they cut his hand off and sign w/ it?

They said they were going to offer Jason Garrett and extension last year and Dak was his pet cat. MM is the coach now and Dak disappeared in big games this season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time will tell if it’s shrewd or not. It might pay off big For Dak, but he isn’t covered by any guarantees beyond 2020, so it could also crash on him.

kskboys

Reaction score
The only possible way this makes sense is if Dak wants out of Dallas.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So , after securing all of our supporting cast and Elite talent we’ve now decided to get tough on our franchise QB. Brilliant . Lol

They didn't "get tough" on Dak. They just didn't mortgage the franchise to make an offer to Dak.

There's no evidence Dak has any interest in signing with the Cowboys for anything but crazy money. Where's *his* counteroffer to them? I've never heard of him making one. He just declines their offers.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That may have been his last deal he fell for.

Hope so. I'd like to see a whole new attitude from Jerry. Jerry brings a lot of extra benefits to the table that other most owners can't offer. If a player doesn't value those benefits, he's the wrong player for us.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We should have secured our QB before cutting up the pie.

So, we’re pounding our chest while we’ve just dismantled our best shot to be a more serious contender the next few years after securing the Elite supporting cast . All without a franchise QB. Brilliant . Lol

It’s like I’ve built this beautiful racing car but I decided to get cheap on the driver.
They tried to sign Dak last year but he refused. As for the other players, you’ve got to sign them when the time comes. You can’t wait until Dak decides he’s ready for his.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I dont think he has a whole lot of trade value.

Teams pay QBs a lot. They spend a lot of picks to get them. A team interested in offering more to Dak as their franchise QB may be happy to pick up Dak. Philly gave up everything to get Wentz, and he hadn't played an NFL snap.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He's playing for a home run against a stiff wind. What if the NFL season gets cancelled? The NFL still has no idea what damage player politics have done to the fan bases. So, sure Dak might get that 70 million over the next 2 years, but there is a lot of uncertainty and we haven't even factored injury risk.

If Dak can get a 100 million guarantee now, which the cowboys have apparently offered, he'd be a fool not to take it......
wHaT DaMaGe PlAyEr PoLiTiCs HaVe dOnE