Dak Predictions

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak is pushing 5000 yards again next season it probably means we’re playing from behind in games and our defense still isn’t getting it done. The Cowboys have had two QBs that passed for almost 5000 yards and both seasons ended with 8-8 records.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dak is pushing 5000 yards again next season it probably means we’re playing from behind in games and our defense still isn’t getting it done.

Maybe so, could also mean we are playing less predictable offense. Last few years you could count on 1st down was a running down. I think we may see more passes on 1st than what we have been accustom too. There were several games and especially the NO game where you could see the Saints looking to stop the run on early downs then backing off into more of a pass defense when Dallas was stuck in 2nd and long situations. I will say whether Dak throws for 5,000 or 3,000 plus yards at the end of the season all I will care about is when wins and loses.

MrPhil

Reaction score
My prediction, there will be a minimum of 1782 more Dak threads before the start of the 2020 season.

I'm taking the over and unders on this one guys..........

Sucker bet.....pass.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe so, could also mean we are playing less predictable offense. Last few years you could count on 1st down was a running down. I think we may see more passes on 1st than what we have been accustom too. There were several games and especially the NO game where you could see the Saints looking to stop the run on early downs then backing off into more of a pass defense when Dallas was stuck in 2nd and long situations. I will say whether Dak throws for 5,000 or 3,000 plus yards at the end of the season all I will care about is when wins and loses.

I don’t believe a QB that’s passed for 5000 yards in a season won a Super Bowl that year. Brady and Peyton Manning both passed for over 5000 yards in a season and both lost the Super Bowl those years. If your QB is carrying your offense you’re going to eventually run into trouble. We’ve seen at least a couple of QBs who’ve had MVP seasons fall flat in the Super Bowl. To be real successful you need balance. You don’t want to live or die with your QB. Dak putting up about 4300 to 4500 yards and Zeke accounting for 1500+ would be a good balance. Would like to see our defense step up and help us win some games. If your defense is playing well your QB usually doesn’t have to put up a ton of yards.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Maybe you missed my last sentence.

"The Cowboy will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl."

I know it was a huge task to read all 4 short sentences...

No. I saw that. But no one is winning the Super Bowl with the 32nd ranked defense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t believe a QB that’s passed for 5000 yards in a season won a Super Bowl that year. Brady and Peyton Manning both passed for over 5000 yards in a season and both lost the Super Bowl those years. If your QB is carrying your offense you’re going to eventually run into trouble. We’ve seen at least a couple of QBs who’ve had MVP seasons fall flat in the Super Bowl. To be real successful you need balance. You don’t want to live or die with your QB. Dak putting up about 4300 to 4500 yards and Zeke accounting for 1500+ would be a good balance. Would like to see our defense step up and help us win some games.

Again, I'm not overly concerned with 5,000 or 3,000 but I do think being less predictable can lead to bigger plays. I want to see balance as well however when I say balance it is not necessarily 50/50, run/pass. I think Zeke could actually get fewer carries yet bigger runs if we can be a bit less predictable. Zeke is great but so many of his yards are hard fought yards because defense keying on certain downs looking for run. If you can mix things up more the opportunity of hitting the big runs I think open up.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak is pushing 5000 yards again next season it probably means we’re playing from behind in games and our defense still isn’t getting it done. The Cowboys have had two QBs that passed for almost 5000 yards and both seasons ended with 8-8 records.
Our Defense was top 10 last season stop the sauce man!
When you can't score for 3 quarters you go at best 8-8.
Leave Doomsday alone and find other excuses for our inept Dak offense.
Blame Jason Garrett....opps my bad...:muttley:...that is no longer an option for you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our Defense was top 10 last season stop the sauce man!
When you can't score for 3 quarters you go at best 8-8.
Leave Doomsday alone and find other excuses for our inept Dak offense.
Blame Jason Garrett....opps my bad...:muttley:...that is no longer an option for you.

That top 10 ranking was based on yards, it’s misleading. We didn’t give up a lot of yards but we don’t get enough pressure on the QB and we don’t get takeaways. We seldom give our offense is short field. We can’t stop opponents in critical third down situations. That top 10 ranking doesn’t tell you all that. You need to lay off the sauce because Doomsday disappeared decades ago. Your only option is to blame our QB for everything because you’re a troll who has an agenda.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That top 10 ranking was based on yards, it’s misleading. We didn’t give up a lot of yards but we don’t get enough pressure on the QB and we don’t get takeaways. We seldom give our offense is short field. We can’t stop opponents in critical third down situations. That top 10 ranking doesn’t tell you all that. You need to lay off the sauce because Doomsday disappeared decades ago. Your only option is to blame our QB for everything because you’re a troll who has an agenda.

LOL....total fantasy land sales here for you.
Saints 10 points.
Pats 9 points.
Eagles 3 FG=9 points.
Bills 15 points at HOME.
Jets, Packers, Bears, Nada for the first 3 Quarters then Garbage bonanza stats for Dak.

Man sell CRAZY elsewhere!

P.S.The Colts send their regards and are still munching on that Donut from the year before....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL....total fantasy land sales here for you.
Saints 10 points.
Pats 9 points.
Eagles 3 FG=9 points.
Bills 15 points at HOME.
Jets, Packers, Bears, Nada for the first 3 Quarters then Garbage bonanza stats for Dak.

Man sell CRAZY elsewhere!

P.S.The Colts send their regards and are still munching on that Donut from the year before....

You’re a complete waste of time. No one on this board tries to sell crazy like you. You blame everything on Dak. You wouldn’t be happy with any QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Although the Patriots lost in the superbowl to the Giants, they did make it with the worst defense in 2011
Not quite, J
Pats were 15th in scoring defense and 31st in yards allowed

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Again, I'm not overly concerned with 5,000 or 3,000 but I do think being less predictable can lead to bigger plays. I want to see balance as well however when I say balance it is not necessarily 50/50, run/pass. I think Zeke could actually get fewer carries yet bigger runs if we can be a bit less predictable. Zeke is great but so many of his yards are hard fought yards because defense keying on certain downs looking for run. If you can mix things up more the opportunity of hitting the big runs I think open up.

McCarthy can’t make the mistake of trying to make Dak into Aaron Rodgers by having him carry the offense. As great as Rodgers was the Packers only reached one Super Bowl with him under McCarthy. The Packers never had good defenses it was all on Rodgers and every year but one it caught up with them. That formula isn’t going to work with the Cowboys.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
McCarthy can’t make the mistake of trying to make Dak into Aaron Rodgers by having him carry the offense. As great as Rodgers was the Packers only reached one Super Bowl with him under McCarthy. The Packers never had good defenses it was all on Rodgers and every year but one it caught up with them. That formula isn’t going to work with the Cowboys.

You don't have too nor do I think he will. He has been around a lot of great QB from Montana to Rodgers but he did not try to make Rodgers into Brett Favre. All I'm saying Dallas can't remain predictable in our offense. Running almost every 1st down becomes an advantage to a defense, I'm not saying you don't run on 1st at all, only saying by mixing things up you keep defense on their heals. McCarthy has liked throwing high percentage passes on 1st and given the WR we have I would do so as well. I hope to see Dallas have a good mixture of run and pass but I do not expect to see as much predictability with the run game.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Since there are not enough Dak threads...

My predictions for 2020:
Dak will break the Cowboys all-time record for passing yards in a season.

Dak will break the NFL all-time record for passing yards in a season.

The Cowboys defense will rank 32nd.

The Cowboy will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl.
So you finally went Section 8..

Huh?

Fair enough..

Let me have another hit of my Peppermint Schnapps and here are my predictions..

Dak will hold out right up until the season opener.

He will watch Dalton start and Dalton will go 3-0 in September and Dak will suddenly want to sign for only $35 mil/yr and 5 years but Dallas FO says..

"Nope, nada, bubkiss, never."

They will say we like our guy Dalton for $3 mil/yr .

See ya DTR it's been real.

Dalton becomes the next legend QB for us instead.

Dak hits FA and teams offer him $20/mil per yr over 4 years.

Dak is insulted and instead gets a job in Australian calling play by play for Women's Nude Australian Rules Outdoor Beach Volleyball..

and retires from pro football having finally found the meaning of Life.

It is written in the Koran.

Let it be thus.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You don't have too nor do I think he will. He has been around a lot of great QB from Montana to Rodgers but he did not try to make Rodgers into Brett Favre. All I'm saying Dallas can't remain predictable in our offense. Running almost every 1st down becomes an advantage to a defense, I'm not saying you don't run on 1st at all, only saying by mixing things up you keep defense on their heals. McCarthy has liked throwing high percentage passes on 1st and given the WR we have I would do so as well. I hope to see Dallas have a good mixture of run and pass but I do not expect to see as much predictability with the run game.

McCarthy had Brett Favre at the end of his career in Green Bay. He depended a lot on Favre and he depended a lot on Aaron Rodgers. The last pass Favre threw in Green Bay was picked off in the playoffs against the Giants. Dak isn’t Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Joe Montana. We need to build a balanced offense and a solid defense if McCarthy’s tenure is going to be successful.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
McCarthy had Brett Favre at the end of his career in Green Bay. He depended a lot on Favre and he depended a lot on Aaron Rodgers. The last pass Favre threw in Green Bay was picked off in the playoffs against the Giants. Dak isn’t Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Joe Montana. We need to build a balanced offense and a really good defense if McCarthy’s tenure is going to be successful.

No Dak is not, but Dak in my view is a quality QB and if allowed to be less predictable his job becomes easier as well. Again I am all for running and balance but again Balance is not 50/50 run and pass. I fully expect Cowboys to use their run game and when Mike has had RB in the past he used them but again staying predictable run on 1st ever single time on 1st down plays into the hands of defense and you start getting stuck in 2nd and 3rd and long when defense knows you have to pass that makes it harder on Dak and the offense. I'm not saying Dak need to throw it 50 times a game, I'm saying mix things up to keep defense off balance.