Dak Predictions

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you finally went Section 8..

Huh?

Fair enough..

Let me have another hit of my Peppermint Schnapps and here are my predictions..

Dak will hold out right up until the season opener.

He will watch Dalton start and Dalton will go 3-0 in September and Dak will suddenly want to sign for only $35 mil/yr and 5 years but Dallas FO says..

"Nope, nada, bubkiss, never."

They will say we like our guy Dalton for $3 mil/yr .

See ya DTR it's been real.

Dalton becomes the next legend QB for us instead.

Dak hits FA and teams offer him $20/mil per yr over 4 years.

Dak is insulted and instead gets a job in Australian calling play by play for Women's Nude Australian Rules Outdoor Beach Volleyball..

and retires from pro football having finally found the meaning of Life.

It is written in the Koran.

Let it be thus.

Dak holds out LOL:muttley:....love your posts Redball but only TALENT holds out.
Dak will be at camp and he just might be fighting for his starting job as there's a new sheriff in town and his name is Big Mike!

cowboygo

Reaction score
Since there are not enough Dak threads...

My predictions for 2020:
Dak will break the Cowboys all-time record for passing yards in a season.

Dak will break the NFL all-time record for passing yards in a season.

The Cowboys defense will rank 32nd.

The Cowboy will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl.
My prediction is Dak gets hurt in the pre-season. Andy Dalton subsequently gets hurt in training camp as well. Ben DiNucci fights off Kellen Moore for the starting job. DiNucci starts 9-0 in the season. Dak comes back from injury after the BYE. The fanbase erupts because Dak gets his starting job back, something we didn't allow Romo to do. We finish 11-5, while winning the division. Everyone is split on who should start in the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No Dak is not, but Dak in my view is a quality QB and if allowed to be less predictable his job becomes easier as well. Again I am all for running and balance but again Balance is not 50/50 run and pass. I fully expect Cowboys to use their run game and when Mike has had RB in the past he used them but again staying predictable run on 1st ever single time on 1st down plays into the hands of defense and you start getting stuck in 2nd and 3rd and long when defense knows you have to pass that makes it harder on Dak and the offense. I'm not saying Dak need to throw it 50 times a game, I'm saying mix things up to keep defense off balance.

Dak Is a quality QB despite what the idiots on this board keep spinning. The point I’m trying to make is we haven’t had great success with any QB in a pass happy offense. The addition of Lamb has many thinking we’re going to do nothing but throw the ball this season. I do believe McCarthy will take advantage of what Zeke brings.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No Dak is not, but Dak in my view is a quality QB and if allowed to be less predictable his job becomes easier as well. Again I am all for running and balance but again Balance is not 50/50 run and pass. I fully expect Cowboys to use their run game and when Mike has had RB in the past he used them but again staying predictable run on 1st ever single time on 1st down plays into the hands of defense and you start getting stuck in 2nd and 3rd and long when defense knows you have to pass that makes it harder on Dak and the offense. I'm not saying Dak need to throw it 50 times a game, I'm saying mix things up to keep defense off balance.
If Dak signs..

then I want them to play him as he plays bedt.

He needs to be a run/throw option QB.

He is good at that like he was in college.

Big Mike strikes me as a coach that can identify who can do what and use that.

Yes, the Zeke b/w the tackles on 1st down has to stop. Dalton is going to throw on 1st downs.

if its Dak, it's short WCO controlled passing and option sprint outs.

Spread the field, toss Zeke some screen passes and circle routs.

Use what we have and stop the wagon-rut offense

Hmmmm..

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I predict that:

- Dak doesn't sign the franchise tag before July 15
- Even though holding out after July 15 does him no good (he can't be signed until 2021), he still does it
- Jerry gets fed up and after pre-season game number 2, he rescinds the franchise tag
- Ben DiNucci blows everyone away in the pre-season and fans call for him to start the season
- But he doesn't, Andy Dalton leads the Cowboys to an 11-5 record and to the NFCCG, where they lose to the Vikings
- Dak Prescott sulks and sits out the season, blaming the Cowboys even though he should be blaming his selfish agent

The End

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dak signs..

then I want them to play him as he plays bedt.

He needs to be a run/throw option QB.

He is good at that like he was in college.

Big Mike strikes me as a coach that can identify who can do what and use that.

Yes, the Zeke b/w the tackles on 1st down has to stop. Dalton is going to throw on 1st downs.

if its Dak, it's short WCO controlled passing and option sprint outs.

Spread the field, toss Zeke some screen passes and circle routs.

Use what we have and stop the wagon-rut offense

Hmmmm..

I agree, I don't foresee Dalton playing much.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

My predictions for 2020:

Their defense will rank 32nd but the team will win the Super Bowl???
That defense better rank better than 32nd if they want to win much of anything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak Is a quality QB despite what the idiots on this board keep spinning. The point I’m trying to make is we haven’t had great success with any QB in a pass happy offense. The addition of Lamb has many thinking we’re going to do nothing but throw the ball this season. I do believe McCarthy will take advantage of what Zeke brings.

Not saying we need to be pass happy all I have said is you can't continue to run on 1st 95% of the time. Really it was to the point everyone knew what was coming in terms of 1st down run, based on the results of 1st down we would run or be in longer distance situation and having to pass. You can keep balance without being as predictable. I think it helps Dak in doing that and I think it will help Zeke in hitting bigger runs. Too many games where defense knew on 1st you stack the line you bring up safeties closer to the line to stop the run. Once you get Dallas in longer yardage situation you bring the rush and play the pass. I think the fewer times you put yourself in those situation the better off you are and the easier it becomes for Dak

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Their defense will rank 32nd but the team will win the Super Bowl???
That defense better rank better than 32nd if they want to win much of anything.

what are you ranking defense by? Yards? Saints won the SB with the 25th ranked defense in terms of yards but where they excelled is being 3rd on defense in ints. Take aways count for a lot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not saying we need to be pass happy all I have said is you can't continue to run on 1st 95% of the time. Really it was to the point everyone knew what was coming in terms of 1st down run, based on the results of 1st down we would run or be in longer distance situation and having to pass. You can keep balance without being as predictable. I think it helps Dak in doing that and I think it will help Zeke in hitting bigger runs. Too many games where defense knew on 1st you stack the line you bring up safeties closer to the line to stop the run. Once you get Dallas in longer yardage situation you bring the rush and play the pass. I think the fewer times you put yourself in those situation the better off you are and the easier it becomes for Dak

I never said you wanted a pass happy offense. I’m referring to those who keep predicting Dak will pass for over 5000 yards.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you finally went Section 8..

Huh?

Fair enough..

Let me have another hit of my Peppermint Schnapps and here are my predictions..

Dak will hold out right up until the season opener.

He will watch Dalton start and Dalton will go 3-0 in September and Dak will suddenly want to sign for only $35 mil/yr and 5 years but Dallas FO says..

"Nope, nada, bubkiss, never."

They will say we like our guy Dalton for $3 mil/yr .

See ya DTR it's been real.

Dalton becomes the next legend QB for us instead.

Dak hits FA and teams offer him $20/mil per yr over 4 years.

Dak is insulted and instead gets a job in Australian calling play by play for Women's Nude Australian Rules Outdoor Beach Volleyball..

and retires from pro football having finally found the meaning of Life.

It is written in the Koran.

Let it be thus.

your scenario makes no sense because they can’t negotiate a contract after July 15th

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
your scenario makes no sense because they can’t negotiate a contract after July 15th
It makes plenty of sense.

Soon we will not need him and his artificial value to us will plummet.

I will add another detail..

we need a top 2 pick in the NFL 2021 draft..

becuz we need a new young QB.

Dak will be long gone and we need an affordable hungry player at QB to groom.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I predict Dallas will be a contender in 2-3 more seasons.
Just about the same time the nfce stops being trash after like 12+ years

I predict dak will throw a football. Hoping when he's throwing it in the 2nd half of games the games not already over like some of last seasons were.

Last edited:

tm1119

Reaction score
4992 Yards, 34 TD, 10 INT, 68 comp %, 101 rating. 295 yards rushing and 4 TD’s.

Cowboys D ranked 20th

11-5 team record

basel90

Reaction score
not many cowboy fans are interested in Dak's stats and records . It is annoying and meaningless at this stage. We want wins and leadership . He has not won many significant games . He went 1-6 against winning teams last year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

My predictions for 2020:

Delete/merge

StuckMojo

Reaction score

My predictions for 2020:

I would prefer a more balanced offense even though we have a great set of WRs.