Dak Prescott arrested for DUI, love affair over?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And so you don't think mine is just some BS made up internet story to author a simple contradictory/sympathetic reply. I was born, raised, and still reside...in Las Vegas, NV. My parents having moved there from Indiana. My mother has passed. My father still lives with me & is 87 y/o. He was a Korea vet...served in both the Navy & Air Force...attended IU...and also served as an Indiana State Police Officer for several years. Dating myself, in 1986 (the year of Tony's accident), I was 13 y/o.

From a 1997 article in the Las Vegas Sun: http://lasvegassun.com/news/1997/aug/29/ballys-flies-red-ribbons-to-fight-drunken-driving/

"Bally's staff brought the idea of an anti-drunken driving effort to Pusateri's attention recently. The point was driven home, he said, after hearing that Sandy Biami, employed by Bally's for the past 19 years, lost her son to a drunken driver 11 years ago."

"Tony Biami, then a senior in high school, was driving a friend home from a high school football game when he was killed in the intersection of Jones Boulevard and Sahara Avenue on Oct. 17, 1986." ... If I recall correctly, the portion about 'a friend', is not accurate...as there was more kids in the car. Also, as mentioned...he passed away at the hospital (UMC trauma center).

The drunken driver, Sandy Biami said, "drank for five hours after work and then got behind the wheel. He was so drunk when the accident happened that he didn't even know he had a broken neck."

"This probably doesn't mean a lot to people until they have lost someone," Biami said after giving a brief but heart-rendering speech over a microphone to employees clocking out for the day. "If I can help just one person, I'll have made a difference. I can cry at the drop of a hat over what happened to my son. He's gone, but he will never be forgotten."

Sandy & Vic Biami were Tony's parents. Sandy was utterly devastated. Vic tried to be strong for the family. I recall my parents saying that Sandy simply 'collapsed' on her bedroom floor upon hearing that Tony had been in such a terrible accident. I can also recall flying in Vic's Cessna airplane...which was like a mid-size sedan with wings.

If I recall correctly, Tony went to Bonanza HS...the same HS that produced recent Chicago Cubs star Kris Bryant. Here's a photo of Tony Biami (believe it to be his HS Senior picture from 1986)...and the link: http://www.stopdui.org/tribute.html

BiamiA_1986.jpg

Handsome kid. Unfortunately, haven't looked at a photo in quite a while & lost contact with the family over the years. I remember him & my brother giving me the business at times as the older kids...but also taking me under their wings. And at 13 y/o, I also recall having a crush on his kid sister...who was very, very pretty. But unfortunately as mentioned, she passed away from a drug overdose several years after Tony's death (at 35 y/o), leaving behind 2 kids. Though his passing was a very early indicator that none of us are bullet proof, I still admittedly made some mistakes. God Bless Tony & Tracy. RIP

Such a heart-wrenching story. :(

tyke1doe

Reaction score
speaking of, I wonder why so many people are so willing to have Johnny Manziel but are so hard against this guy.

I wonder...nah. Couldn't be that.

Was Johnny Manziel ever arrested for DUI while in college?

Also because of Johnny's issues, he was let go by the Browns.

I don't see the treatment of the two as a racial issue. Timing is everything, and Dak's timing was poor.

Reaction score
Don't get cute and attempt to out-smart the rest of the NFL with a 'project' selection at the QB position ~ especially with the powers at Valley Ranch making the determination & the Joneses brain trust at the helm.
Picking 4th or trading up, the selection of a QB is perfectly gift wrapped for Jones not to screw it up.

By all measures the BPA available that fits a need on the team, justifies either Wentz or Goff to be worthy of the selection at 4 or higher.
The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.
I approve of this message.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter now that he's not playing college football. He could have received an advance from his agent, or maybe some booster gave him cash to thank him for his college service.

An Escalade is only about 75K, which is a monthly payment of $1500 or less. Not hard at all to do that even for a college student, especially if you sign a contract with no payments for 90 days.

Also I think we should actually find out Prescott's BAC before we start comparing him to Hitler. It only takes 2 drinks to hit .08, which is the limit in MS.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So if you don't drink or if you do and don't get into a car, you don't have a life? :huh:
If that's what you took from what I said yep that's what I meant. Is that the answer that makes you feel better than me or something on an Internet forum buddy? If so there you go anymore questions to make yourself feel better about yourself?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If that's what you took from what I said yep that's what I meant. Is that the answer that makes you feel better than me or something on an Internet forum buddy? If so there you go anymore questions to make yourself feel better about yourself?

What's with this "makes you feel better than me" stuff? :huh:
You said something that was confusing. I asked a question because I didn't understand what you said or what you meant and was trying to deduce what you meant.
Of course, you couldn't simply say, "That's not what I meant" and explain yourself.
Instead, you go all ultra sensitive and interpret my question as some attempt to be "better than you" and "make me feel better about myself."
I don't know where that's coming from, but it aint coming from me.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What's with this "makes you feel better than me" stuff? :huh:
You said something that was confusing. I asked a question because I didn't understand what you said or what you meant and was trying to deduce what you meant.
Of course, you couldn't simply say, "That's not what I meant" and explain yourself.
Instead, you go all ultra sensitive and interpret my question as some attempt to be "better than you" and "make me feel better about myself."
I don't know where that's coming from, but it aint coming from me.
Sounds good. You asked a question cause you are that guy and when I called it out its ultra sensitive. Heck outta here. Since you want to tell people how to post you should have said "Could you elaborate" without all the stupid trying to be sarcastic stuff. You said that I would have gladly answered. Don't try to be sarcastic then act all surprised when I put what I put. I'm not sensitive at all but again if that makes you feel better run with it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Sounds good. You asked a question cause you are that guy and when I called it out its ultra sensitive. Heck outta here. Since you want to tell people how to post you should have said "Could you elaborate" without all the stupid trying to be sarcastic stuff. You said that I would have gladly answered. Don't try to be sarcastic then act all surprised when I put what I put. I'm not sensitive at all but again if that makes you feel better run with it.

"You asked a question cause you are that guy"? :huh:

You mean I'm a guy who likes to ask questions? Guilty as charged.

And if the first thing that comes to your mind is "I'm trying to be better than you" or "If it makes you feel better," then you're sensitive at the least and have a serious inferiority complex at the worst.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
If it was just an anomaly ppl make mistakes but I would dig in and see if alcohol is a problem for this kid

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Don't get cute and attempt to out-smart the rest of the NFL with a 'project' selection at the QB position ~ especially with the powers at Valley Ranch making the determination & the Joneses brain trust at the helm.
Picking 4th or trading up, the selection of a QB is perfectly gift wrapped for Jones not to screw it up.

By all measures the BPA available that fits a need on the team, justifies either Wentz or Goff to be worthy of the selection at 4 or higher.
The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.

What measures have Goff worthy of 4? The same experts who hyped Blaine Gabbert?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
"You asked a question cause you are that guy"? :huh:

You mean I'm a guy who likes to ask questions? Guilty as charged.

And if the first thing that comes to your mind is "I'm trying to be better than you" or "If it makes you feel better," then you're sensitive at the least and have a serious inferiority complex at the worst.
Whatever makes you feel better champ. I'm sensitive, inferiority complex, whatever else you so choose to say make yourself feel better. Also that's not the first thing that comes to mind just can't put what really comes to mind regarding you on here.

I'm done replying to you about this but you can have the last word if you so choose about how I'm whatever you think I am for calling you out for sarcastic posting.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Whatever makes you feel better champ. I'm sensitive, inferiority complex, whatever else you so choose to say make yourself feel better. Also that's not the first thing that comes to mind just can't put what really comes to mind regarding you on here.

I'm done replying to you about this but you can have the last word if you so choose about how I'm whatever you think I am for calling you out for sarcastic posting.

Wow! Talk about buried issues. :omg:

Western

Reaction score
What measures have Goff worthy of 4? The same experts who hyped Blaine Gabbert?

You have any evidence/proof by recognized public draft commentators/experts who have compared Jared Goff to Blaine Gabbert?

Jared Goff rankings:

1. Mel Kiper has Goff rated as the #1 QB.
2. Mike Mayock has Goff rated as the #2 QB.
3. Ourlads' has Goff mock drafted at #7.
4. Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com has Goff ranked #8.
5. Dane Brugler has Goff rated #9.
6. Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com has Goff rated #5.
7. Bucky Brooks of NFL.com has Goff rated #6.
8. Pete Prisco of cbssports.com has Goff drafted at #2.

Facts, indeed are stubborn things.
Goff is worthy of #4.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
You have any evidence/proof by recognized public draft commentators/experts who have compared Jared Goff to Blaine Gabbert?

Jared Goff rankings:

1. Mel Kiper has Goff rated as the #1 QB.
2. Mike Mayock has Goff rated as the #2 QB.
3. Ourlads' has Goff mock drafted at #7.
4. Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com has Goff ranked #8.
5. Dane Brugler has Goff rated #9.
6. Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com has Goff rated #5.
7. Bucky Brooks of NFL.com has Goff rated #6.
8. Pete Prisco of cbssports.com has Goff drafted at #2.

Facts, indeed are stubborn things.
Goff is worthy of #4.

Its not about comparing the two, its about scrubs being hyped as top 10 talents. Goff is just that

Western

Reaction score
Its not about comparing the two, its about scrubs being hyped as top 10 talents. Goff is just that

Other than you simply making a statement that Goff is a scrub, what evidence can you produce to defend your assertion that he is "scrub"?
What facts can you provide to demonstrate that Goff is a scrub and a 'hyped' top 10 talent?

Does Goff exhibit any of the following problems/flaws, and if so, can you validate such claims by actual statements by qualified individuals:
poor collegiate statistics, weak physical traits which caused him to miss games at Cal, leadership flaws, bad throwing motion/delivery, atrocious footwork, dreadful accuracy, mental deficiencies, etc.