Dak Prescott arrested for DUI, love affair over?

RS12

Reaction score
Sir, in August of 1993, I was a police officer in Oklahoma. One evening, an irresponsible person GOT OVER HIMSELF after consuming an abundance of alcohol and crashed into another vehicle. I was the first respondent to arrive. A nine-year old boy died at the scene, and his father succumbed the next morning. I won't change my stance.

I think you know by now, you will find a few posters you could live without.

batman36

Reaction score
I think you know by now, you will find a few posters you could live without.

Yes sir, I do. I joined this site in April, 2004, and I look forward to visiting it daily. Posters like yourself, and many others, bring insightful, and informative discussions to my favorite place to visit on the internet.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sir, in August of 1993, I was a police officer in Oklahoma. One evening, an irresponsible person GOT OVER HIMSELF after consuming an abundance of alcohol and crashed into another vehicle. I was the first respondent to arrive. A nine-year old boy died at the scene, and his father succumbed the next morning. I won't change my stance.

You misunderstood totally.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well said.

The flippant attitude people still take toward drinking and driving stuns me.

Anyone who drinks and drives is an idiot. I said it was wrong. Not a flippant attitude. But to say you don't understand why anyone would do it sounds a little unreasonable. No one is perfect.

Western

Reaction score
Don't get cute and attempt to out-smart the rest of the NFL with a 'project' selection at the QB position ~ especially with the powers at Valley Ranch making the determination & the Joneses brain trust at the helm.
Picking 4th or trading up, the selection of a QB is perfectly gift wrapped for Jones not to screw it up.

By all measures the BPA available that fits a need on the team, justifies either Wentz or Goff to be worthy of the selection at 4 or higher.
The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score

I'm sorry you had to experience this. I can't imagine what you have had to deal with while being a police officer. Thank you for your service!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Yeah I know. It could have just been an innocent mistake but apparently there's a bit of a string and we are talking about finding the general of our club for the next decade.

People forget these guys are football players/human though. It's not like your average civilians are out there with pristine driving records, lol. My brother works in insurance and you should see some of these people's criminal/driving history! It would make people think differently about football players.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott was arrested for DUI in Starkville (MS) early Saturday morning.

One day before he was scheduled to host a football camp involving over 200 kids, Prescott was pulled over by police in his white 2016 Escalade and found to be under the influence of alcohol. The arrest occurred just two days after Prescott's Pro Day workout. Prescott had some previous history of off-field incidents before this, getting into a fight at a "Waka Flocka" concert in 2015 that resulted in lacerations to Prescott's face and body. The mistakes will be especially concerning to NFL teams because Prescott plays quarterback, a position where leadership is of utmost importance. Before the DUI, Prescott was a projected third- or fourth-round pick.

wouldn't draft him or sign him as a UDFA...the vibes are just too negative...No more head cases, flyers, 6th picks on idiot losers...JMO

Kaiser

Reaction score
I read some of the articles, they don't say anything other than Prescott was arrested in a brand new Escalade at 1245 am. Lets see what comes out later.

fortdick

Reaction score
He still can be. This just will push his value down, which will be bad for him but maybe good for us.

He could be the next Quincy Carter!

0227_quincy_carter_exms-1.jpg

fortdick

Reaction score
A DUI doesn't necessarily mean you have bad "character". It means you're immature and made a mistake. Many fine upstanding citizens can have a DUI in their early 20s but that does not define the type of person they are.

I don't even know enough about Prescott to be an apologist.

:facepalm:

conner01

Reaction score
I am very surprised by this,by all accounts he is a real high character guy.I just dont understand why anyone would drive after drinking.i guess they dont have Uber in Mississippi.

As stupid as it is for anyone it's beyond comprehension how you can do it when you are about to get the job you have dreamed of your whole life and you just cost yourself a ton of money and maybe even a shot with some teams
Just don't get it

batman36

Reaction score
I'm sorry you had to experience this. I can't imagine what you have had to deal with while being a police officer. Thank you for your service!

Pj, thank you, and others for the sentiments! I worked as an officer for eight-and-a-half years. I wouldn't wish upon anyone some of the horrible and graphic things my fellow brethren and I witnessed. Kudos to the good guys wearing the badge!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Considering we had a teammate killed from drunk driving, I think it is probably best we don't tread into those waters again.

I take him off the draft board myself.

I don't think Jerry is ever going to take the puritan approach.

PARTY BUS!

lkelly

Reaction score
Wonder how he has a 2016 Caddy SUV? I smell agent$$.

I would imagine he'd have a line of dealerships ready to offer him a loan considering that he has a nice (for normal people) signing bonus and salary coming in a few months. Also quite possible that his agent fronted him some money knowing that he had the change to take a repayment out of his check once he signed with a team.

Neither seem at all unusual. Fiscally irresponsible by Prescott perhaps, but we're talking about an NFL prospect. That's a demographic prone to blowing through money.