Dak Prescott arrested for DUI, love affair over?

ccb04

Reaction score
Yep, the DUIs are surprising
What is not surprising is the excuse making that goes on from people like you unfortunately
It takes someone actually being killed fur people to admit that this is a serious issue

People like me? Broad strokes from behind a device screen. Nice.

My brother lost one of his best friends in a DUI accident when they were Seniors in HS. It affected everyone, as our families were pretty close. The guy that hit my brother's friends car (carrying a total of 4 teens), had 4 or 5 previous DUI's. Tony (the aforementioned friend & the driver of the car that was smashed into after leaving a HS football game), died in the hospital several days later due to suffering severe head trauma, eventually being declared brain dead, and subsequently being taken off of life support. The 3 teen passengers in Tony's car sustained various injuries, but survived. As a kid in early middle school at the time, his was the first funeral I'd ever attended. Sadly, Tony's parents also lost their daughter (their lone remaining child), several years later at the age of 35. She was a mother of two that had struggled with substance abuse/drug addiction, and eventually succumbed to an overdose.

To be clear, I have no tolerance for DUI & offer no excuses. Additionally, I have no sympathy for those penalized under the law even if they are good people with a previously squeaky clean record...as even stiffer 1st time offense penalties can often serve as wake up call & helpful future deterrent. That said, there are those that are willing to learn from their mistakes and are otherwise good people. They may come to the stark realization that they were very fortunate not to have harmed themselves and/or others. Then there are those that don't learn, are repeat offenders, are clouded with issues such as addiction, etc.

Speaking of being behind a device screen & what's become another serious issue behind the wheel...I would also have no tolerance for those that can't detach themselves from their cell phones even while driving, and cause accidents that have resulted in the necessity of newer laws, as well as deaths. Distracted driving is also of course very dangerous, yet it's become a common daily occurrence...from soccer moms to almost everyone in between.

Unfortunately, internet assumptions made by people like you is truly what's not surprising. It's as rampant on the internet as the likes of gossip. Perhaps you're one who walks on water in your own world, and has managed a mistake/guilt/sin free existence? Carry on either way...as I'm not here to assume, speculate, or judge.

Last edited:

manster4ever

Reaction score
Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't get cute and attempt to out-smart the rest of the NFL with a 'project' selection at the QB position ~ especially with the powers at Valley Ranch making the determination & the Joneses brain trust at the helm.
Picking 4th or trading up, the selection of a QB is perfectly gift wrapped for Jones not to screw it up.

By all measures the BPA available that fits a need on the team, justifies either Wentz or Goff to be worthy of the selection at 4 or higher.
The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.

Havent you been paying attention.

If we dont draft defensive tackles, the franchise will likely fold

manster4ever

Reaction score
Well the dude we wanted with a 3rd round pick just became an undrafted free agent.

I wouldn't go that far. I think he was a 3rd or 4th rounder. Now hes a 5th maybe. Not a huge drop but significant.

One day before he was scheduled to host a football camp involving over 200 kids, Prescott was pulled over by police in his white 2016 Escalade and found to be under the influence of alcohol. The arrest occurred just two days after Prescott's Pro Day workout. Prescott had some previous history of off-field incidents before this, getting into a fight at a "Waka Flocka" concert in 2015 that resulted in lacerations to Prescott's face and body. The mistakes will be especially concerning to NFL teams because Prescott plays quarterback, a position where leadership is of utmost importance. Before the DUI, Prescott was a projected third- or fourth-round pick.

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wonder how he has a 2016 Caddy SUV? I smell agent$$.

Players are allowed to meet with and start interviewing agents during the season. They are allowed to sign as soon as they finish their last collegiate game, usually the bowl game. Claude Pelon (USC) signed with his agent in the team hotel the night of the Holiday Bowl.

ccb04

Reaction score
Yep, the DUIs are surprising
What is not surprising is the excuse making that goes on from people like you unfortunately
It takes someone actually being killed fur people to admit that this is a serious issue

And so you don't think mine is just some BS made up internet story to author a simple contradictory/sympathetic reply. I was born, raised, and still reside...in Las Vegas, NV. My parents having moved there from Indiana. My mother has passed. My father still lives with me & is 87 y/o. He was a Korea vet...served in both the Navy & Air Force...attended IU...and also served as an Indiana State Police Officer for several years. Dating myself, in 1986 (the year of Tony's accident), I was 13 y/o.

From a 1997 article in the Las Vegas Sun: http://lasvegassun.com/news/1997/aug/29/ballys-flies-red-ribbons-to-fight-drunken-driving/

"Bally's staff brought the idea of an anti-drunken driving effort to Pusateri's attention recently. The point was driven home, he said, after hearing that Sandy Biami, employed by Bally's for the past 19 years, lost her son to a drunken driver 11 years ago."

"Tony Biami, then a senior in high school, was driving a friend home from a high school football game when he was killed in the intersection of Jones Boulevard and Sahara Avenue on Oct. 17, 1986." ... If I recall correctly, the portion about 'a friend', is not accurate...as there was more kids in the car. Also, as mentioned...he passed away at the hospital (UMC trauma center).

The drunken driver, Sandy Biami said, "drank for five hours after work and then got behind the wheel. He was so drunk when the accident happened that he didn't even know he had a broken neck."

"This probably doesn't mean a lot to people until they have lost someone," Biami said after giving a brief but heart-rendering speech over a microphone to employees clocking out for the day. "If I can help just one person, I'll have made a difference. I can cry at the drop of a hat over what happened to my son. He's gone, but he will never be forgotten."

Sandy & Vic Biami were Tony's parents. Sandy was utterly devastated. Vic tried to be strong for the family. I recall my parents saying that Sandy simply 'collapsed' on her bedroom floor upon hearing that Tony had been in such a terrible accident. I can also recall flying in Vic's Cessna airplane...which was like a mid-size sedan with wings.

If I recall correctly, Tony went to Bonanza HS...the same HS that produced recent Chicago Cubs star Kris Bryant. Here's a photo of Tony Biami (believe it to be his HS Senior picture from 1986)...and the link: http://www.stopdui.org/tribute.html

BiamiA_1986.jpg

Handsome kid. Unfortunately, haven't looked at a photo in quite a while & lost contact with the family over the years. I remember him & my brother giving me the business at times as the older kids...but also taking me under their wings. And at 13 y/o, I also recall having a crush on his kid sister...who was very, very pretty. But unfortunately as mentioned, she passed away from a drug overdose several years after Tony's death (at 35 y/o), leaving behind 2 kids. Though his passing was a very early indicator that none of us are bullet proof, I still admittedly made some mistakes. God Bless Tony & Tracy. RIP

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I have little sympathy for drunk driving having lost a sibling to someone who decided that a two lane road meant you could choose either lane.

I didn't "like" your comment for obvious reasons, but my heart hurt when I read it. Sorry for your loss. :(

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I would imagine he'd have a line of dealerships ready to offer him a loan considering that he has a nice (for normal people) signing bonus and salary coming in a few months. Also quite possible that his agent fronted him some money knowing that he had the change to take a repayment out of his check once he signed with a team.

Neither seem at all unusual. Fiscally irresponsible by Prescott perhaps, but we're talking about an NFL prospect. That's a demographic prone to blowing through money.

He could also come from money, or have worked and saved money to buy one himself.

Or a rich family member, etc.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
speaking of, I wonder why so many people are so willing to have Johnny Manziel but are so hard against this guy.

I wonder...nah. Couldn't be that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's called life. It happens thousands of times every day. People work their *** off for 8-10 hours a day or more and decide to wind down with a few buds after work. What's not to understand? It's wrong but it's life. It happens. Get over yourself.

That's easy to say if you don't have a loved one who was killed by a drunk driver. :(

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Prescott had some previous history of off-field incidents before this, getting into a fight at a "Waka Flocka" concert in 2015 that resulted in lacerations to Prescott's face and body.

Going to this concert is good enough for me to put him "in the box".

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Sir, in August of 1993, I was a police officer in Oklahoma. One evening, an irresponsible person GOT OVER HIMSELF after consuming an abundance of alcohol and crashed into another vehicle. I was the first respondent to arrive. A nine-year old boy died at the scene, and his father succumbed the next morning. I won't change my stance.

:clap:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wonder how he has a 2016 Caddy SUV? I smell agent$$.

Doesn't really matter now that he's not playing college football. He could have received an advance from his agent, or maybe some booster gave him cash to thank him for his college service.

Gaede

Reaction score
What a dummy. Blessing in disguise for us though, as I guarantee Jerry was going to use a second or third on him. If we burn a 4th or 5th on him, I'm OK with that.

I'd prefer Hogan though. I like Cook, but his accuracy is questionable. I like Driskel, but I don't think his ceiling is very high. If we're not going Wentz, Lynch or Goff, I like Hogan the best. I think he is criminally underrated. Don't care about the delivery.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
People like me? Broad strokes from behind a device screen. Nice.

My brother lost one of his best friends in a DUI accident when they were Seniors in HS. It affected everyone, as our families were pretty close. The guy that hit my brother's friends car (carrying a total of 4 teens), had 4 or 5 previous DUI's. Tony (the aforementioned friend & the driver of the car that was smashed into after leaving a HS football game), died in the hospital several days later due to suffering severe head trauma, eventually being declared brain dead, and subsequently being taken off of life support. The 3 teen passengers in Tony's car sustained various injuries, but survived. As a kid in early middle school at the time, his was the first funeral I'd ever attended. Sadly, Tony's parents also lost their daughter (their lone remaining child), several years later at the age of 35. She was a mother of two that had struggled with substance abuse/drug addiction, and eventually succumbed to an overdose.

To be clear, I have no tolerance for DUI & offer no excuses. Additionally, I have no sympathy for those penalized under the law even if they are good people with a previously squeaky clean record...as even stiffer 1st time offense penalties can often serve as wake up call & helpful future deterrent. That said, there are those that are willing to learn from their mistakes and are otherwise good people. They may come to the stark realization that they were very fortunate not to have harmed themselves and/or others. Then there are those that don't learn, are repeat offenders, are clouded with issues such as addiction, etc.

Speaking of being behind a device screen & what's become another serious issue behind the wheel...I would also have no tolerance for those that can't detach themselves from their cell phones even while driving, and cause accidents that have resulted in the necessity of newer laws, as well as deaths. Distracted driving is also of course very dangerous, yet it's become a common daily occurrence...from soccer moms to almost everyone in between.

Unfortunately, internet assumptions made by people like you is truly what's not surprising. It's as rampant on the internet as the likes of gossip. Perhaps you're one who walks on water in your own world, and has managed a mistake/guilt/sin free existence? Carry on either way...as I'm not here to assume, speculate, or judge.

Actually, you did. :)

Other than that, I like the balance you brought to the issue.