Dak Prescott Contract

nobody

Reaction score
Monkey, you truly believe Cooper Rush or Mike White could lead the team to wins in Dak's absence? Do you truly believe that?

I'm not going to discount anything, including Dallas trading for a backup that could do it. The point is that nobody expected the season Dak had his rookie year. He was third string and had it thrust upon him before anyone thought he was ready. Anything can happen.

Does that mean I believe that it WILL happen again should he get hurt? No it doesn't. It just means that I'm not going to give up if he goes down until it's shown clearly that it's over. Like last year's trade for Amari Cooper. The season was pretty much in the trash until then.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not going to discount anything, including Dallas trading for a backup that could do it. The point is that nobody expected the season Dak had his rookie year. He was third string and had it thrust upon him before anyone thought he was ready. Anything can happen.

Does that mean I believe that it WILL happen again should he get hurt? No it doesn't. It just means that I'm not going to give up if he goes down until it's shown clearly that it's over. Like last year's trade for Amari Cooper. The season was pretty much in the trash until then.
I not only expected but I knew Dak could and would have the season that he had his rookie season. Why? Because I followed him during his years at Mississippi State. Dak is a special kind of QB with mutiple talents, a relentlessly competitive mind and a knack to step up in big games under the lights when it matters more.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
P.S. why is it always the Dallas Defense choking in the playoffs ?

Dak is the best player on this team and is also the leader. Dudes comes up clutch in the biggest moments while improving his skill set on a yearly basis( Passing Yds, TD, completion% , playoffs wins , division wins etc ). The real issue was OC limiting Dak’s skill set with limited offensive play calling, but going forward shouldn’t be a issue.

Pay the man & win some SBs ala Russel Wilson /Brady

You know with Marinelli his defense is a total failure overall weather it’s getting gashed in secondary by Rodgers 2x or getting his speciality so called weak *** DL getting shredded by Rams running game he’s a total package for complete failure.

I recall Dez screwing up which gave the refs the chance to decide the game back in 2014.

The 2018 defense was very young with new starters at most positions.

The only starters that were full time starters at their position in previous years were:
DLaw LDE
M.Collins DT

New at position or as full time starter.
CB Byron Jones previously a Safety.
FS Woods played more at Nickel CB in 2017.
Heath played more FS in 2017 but SS in 2018.
CBs Awuzie/Brown not full time in 2017.
LB Jaylon Smith not full time starter in 2017.
LB Vander Esch was a Rookie.
DT Woods new and not an NFL starter previously.

RDE Crawford/Gregory/Taco
Crawford about 50/50 starting at DT/DE in 2018.
Gregory didn't play in 2017.
Taco not a starter in 2017.

The Rams showed some new things against the Cowboys. It would have been difficult to adjust anyway but with the lack of experienced players it was basically impossible.

The Patriots are great but the Rams showed their hand against the Cowboys which allowed the Pats to game plan against the Rams new wrinkles on offense. A simple defensive alignment change by the Pats screwed up the Rams precision run blocking.

csirl

Reaction score
If Dak goes down with a long-term injury, I guarantee you this season is finished for this team. If anyone else goes down with a long-term injury, there are replacements on this roster that would allow the team to keep rolling and winning.

This proves who is the best and most important player on this team. Without Dak, this team is curtains.

You dont sign a mediocre QB to a long term deal just because your front office has neglected to sign any depth at the position.

There were plenty of chances in the offseason for the Cowboys to add depth at reasonable prices e.g.

Fitzmagic 5.5m
Tyrod 5.5m
Glennon 1.9m
Bortles 1m
Rosen 6m

If 1 or 2 of the above had been added to the roster we'd be in a much better place.

Nav22

Reaction score
Aikman was never the best player on the Cowboys. Emmitt Smith and Larry Allen were better.

Romo was never the best player either. DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten were better.

What’s that? This is all irrelevant because QB is the most important position BY FAR on the field?

Oh. Then Dak’s the most VALUABLE player and his contract will soon reflect that.

I absolutely love that the braindead know-nothings who oppose Dak will be so VERY sad when he signs his new deal. Bottom lips quivering.

:angry::angry::angry:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Aikman was never the best player on the Cowboys. Emmitt Smith and Larry Allen were better.

Romo was never the best player either. DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten were better.

What’s that? This is all irrelevant because QB is the most important position BY FAR on the field?

Oh. Then Dak’s the most VALUABLE player and his contract will soon reflect that.

I absolutely love that the braindead know-nothings who oppose Dak will be so VERY sad when he signs his new deal. Bottom lips quivering.

You keep posting about this big new deal Dak is getting....millions,zillions, you better be sure there Dak employee.....cause so far it ain't looking promising for Dak!
Aikman was a stud Franchise ACCURATE QB comparing him to Dak is a insult to the game!

LittleD

Reaction score
You dont sign a mediocre QB to a long term deal just because your front office has neglected to sign any depth at the position.

There were plenty of chances in the offseason for the Cowboys to add depth at reasonable prices e.g.

Fitzmagic 5.5m
Tyrod 5.5m
Glennon 1.9m
Bortles 1m
Rosen 6m

If 1 or 2 of the above had been added to the roster we'd be in a much better place.

Exactly...If he is willing to sign for Brady/Brees money then do it. If not, then franchise him for two seasons and rinse/repeat with someone
new. Why hamstring the team for half a decade with a bloated contract for a slightly better than average QB. Nope!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the post will be complete when AC starts to like and replying to his own posts with his other account.

Hell Aikman could throw left-handed and beat Dak in a throwing challenge. Sheesh, who hasn't? smh

Last edited:

doomsday9084

Reaction score

The top 6 highest paid QB's in the NFL didn't make the playoffs last year. It seems that teams are outright over-valuing the position and dedicating too much of their cap resources to it. While QB might be the most important position, its still a team game and a QB can't carry a mediocre team deep into the playoffs.

Hell, look at Dak's records:
- 7-2 this year with Coop, 2-4 without
- 6-4 last year with Zeke, 3-3 without
These other guys matter.

I don't want the Cowboys to join those 6 teams that overpaid their QB because they over valued him and missed the playoffs.

Nav22

Reaction score

You keep posting about this big new deal Dak is getting....millions,zillions, you better be sure there Dak employee.....cause so far it ain't looking promising for Dak!
Aikman was a stud Franchise ACCURATE QB comparing him to Dak is a insult to the game!

You’re a JOKE.

Bet your trailer and bus pass that Dak won’t get paid. He’ll be able to buy and sell you soon enough!

Nav22

Reaction score
The top 6 highest paid QB's in the NFL didn't make the playoffs last year. It seems that teams are outright over-valuing the position and dedicating too much of their cap resources to it. While QB might be the most important position, its still a team game and a QB can't carry a mediocre team deep into the playoffs.

Hell, look at Dak's records:
- 7-2 this year with Coop, 2-4 without
- 6-4 last year with Zeke, 3-3 without
These other guys matter.

I don't want the Cowboys to join those 6 teams that overpaid their QB because they over valued him and missed the playoffs.
How did the top 6 do in 2017? Or 2016? Are you sure that note of yours isn’t a 1-year aberration?

They’ll pay Dak what the market says he’s worth.

The alternative is letting another team pay him what he’s worth and trying to find another franchise QB out of thin air. No thanks.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re a JOKE.

Bet your trailer and bus pass that Dak won’t get paid. He’ll be able to buy and sell you soon enough!

NA NA NA NA NA NA as the children's music keeps playing lol......

P.S. Sell the Pappy.....NEVER!!!! :muttley:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How did the top 6 do in 2017? Or 2016? Are you sure that note of yours isn’t a 1-year aberration?

They’ll pay Dak what the market says he’s worth.

The alternative is letting another team pay him what he’s worth and trying to find another franchise QB out of thin air. No thanks.
uhmmm, no, the alternative is to franchise him and get another year to see how he plays. Still not sure after that? Franchise him again to see how he plays. There is just no way we have seen enough to know if he is the guy we need. We know he cant put ateam on his back like Brady, Rodgers, Brees. So we know he is not a top 5 QB, hopefully we dont pay him like he is.

I dont want to hear about well in 3 years it will be considered cheap. I would go by today. Glad to see it looks like our front office is playing hardball. Didnt S Jones even say he expected a little bit of a team friendly deal?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How many backup QBs swirled behind Romo before Dak got there, betterquestion is how long did it take Cleveland to find one? Your not gonna find a franchise QB on a yearly basis.
if he was clearly a franchise QB, there wouldbe be about a 50/50 split in this very forum about Dak. If Brees, Rodgers, Brady, or even Russel Wilson were the QB on our roster, what would the crowd in this forum be saying? Sign him, there is no doubt he is a franchise QB. Did you notice how easy Russel Wilsons contract got handled. He just said if you dont give me a new deal by such and such date and time, I will not sign a deal with you and I will leave. Seahawks brass said, no problem Mr. Wilson, you take checks?

Nav22

Reaction score
uhmmm, no, the alternative is to franchise him and get another year to see how he plays. Still not sure after that? Franchise him again to see how he plays. There is just no way we have seen enough to know if he is the guy we need. We know he cant put ateam on his back like Brady, Rodgers, Brees. So we know he is not a top 5 QB, hopefully we dont pay him like he is.

I dont want to hear about well in 3 years it will be considered cheap. I would go by today. Glad to see it looks like our front office is playing hardball. Didnt S Jones even say he expected a little bit of a team friendly deal?
We’ll see what happens. Dak’s been a stud overall for 3 years and I’m willing to bet on him moving forward. He works his butt off, he’s durable and he’s a tremendous leader who shines in the clutch.

He’s at the VERY least a “good QB”, and those are very, very difficult to find. It’s also nearly impossible to win a Super Bowl without a good QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Fitzmagic 5.5m
Tyrod 5.5m
Glennon 1.9m
Bortles 1m
Rosen 6m

Mediocre QB? In your eyes only. Cowboys think otherwise, and many of us agree. Agree on that the organization should have gotten a better backup QB though.