Dak Prescott doing contract negotiations the right way, showing what it means to be a Dallas Cowboy

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doing contract negotiations the right way apparently means massively overvaluing your worth and demanding one of the richest contracts in league history to cripple your teams' ability to keep a quality core around you.

What a guy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Doing contract negotiations the right way apparently means massively overvaluing your worth and demanding one of the richest contracts in league history to cripple your teams' ability to keep a quality core around you.

What a guy.
much truth in what you say. But at the QB position..they all gonna get overvalued...the nature of the beast. I disagree with it, because in the end, the way the league does business will eventually kill the pro game. Cant have monster contracts like that and sustain a league. It waters down the end product on the field. I think we have seen this. Its only gonna get worse.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
How many players on this team can make a legitimate claim to being the best in the league? You're being dramatic, because not everybody is worth market-setting money.

You're getting way off target here Ghost. Your question is irrelevant. The issue I is that as long as a salary cap is in place, there's only a set amount of money available, so every time you overpay a player for his position, you're robbing Peter to pay Paul. You're so busy looking at one tree, you can't see the forest.
That so called market setting RB wouldn't be such hot stuff if his OL consisted of low paid scrubs. And if the defense consisted of low paid scrubs he wouldn't get the ball back so often. But that's ultimately the scenario a team is asking for when they start overpaying prima donnas who demand market-setting money. But a self centered money hungry diva doesn't care about what happens to the team, he just wants as much as he can get, as fast as he can get it, no matter what the cost to the team. He's not there to win, he just wants the money.

Blindly supporting exorbitant salaries in a sport limited by salary caps is just a temporary feel good argument that ultimately leads to much bigger problems than it's worth. You can make all the silly arguments you please, but in the long run, you're driving down a dead end street.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I got no problem with the way Dak is going about his negotiations. He is here busting his arse on the field while his agent works out a new contract. That is exactly what Zeke should be doing.

Now do I expect a hometown discount from Dak? It would be nice, but no, I am not expecting him to take anything less than market. Unfortunately, the stupid arse Eagles just set the market with Wentz at $32 a year, so I dont see Dak signing for anything less. They are the same age, play the same position, were in the same draft class, and Dak has better numbers across the board...………..hard to argu with Dak's agent that he should take less.

So yeah, a contract in the neighborhood of $32-$34 million is most likely going to happen either before or during the season. Its a little bit higher than I would like to pay, but the market is the market and you can either pay or be Buffalo or Miami with scrubs at QB.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How so? If he shuts his mouth to the media, & just texts his position coach on the predawn mornings of game day,stating he ain't gonna be rolling in to suit up&play under his currently constructed contract stipulations& he ain't gonna play ball on any game day till it's resolved to his particular fancy with a cherry on topo_O

Yeah, Zeke is in the media daily discussing his contract.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yawn............................
What is this, communist China? Everything has to be fair?

No everything does not have to be fair. Salary caps were not designed to be fair. They were designed to LIMIT SALARIES.
In the long run if a team fails to limit exorbitant salaries, they shoot themselves in the foot......which is what you're blindly promoting.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeah, Zeke is in the media daily discussing his contract.
How the hell is that stupidly facetious statement even in the running for plausible consideration? What are you,Pal? 6th or 7th grade still?
If the idiot was in training camp,the media would be all over him like ants at a picnic,,, shut yer pie hole,pal:rolleyes:

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
I love that Dak is betting on his self. That shows confidence. Nothing would make me happier than Dak earning 40 mil per season. That means the Cowboys had a lot of success.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nothing would make me happier than Dak earning 40 mil per season.

giphy.gif

zerofill

Reaction score

What a guy.

Remember when he didn't need a #1 receiver? I assume he still feels that way if he wants to stamp $35mil a year on himself lol.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
CowboyRoy said:
Yawn............................

Sorry CowboyRoy, somehow I accidentally drug you into post #187. Didn't mean to. :)

Buzzbait

Reaction score
GhostOfPelluer said:
What is this, communist China? Everything has to be fair?

No everything does not have to be fair. Salary caps were not designed to be fair. They were designed to LIMIT SALARIES.
In the long run if a team fails to limit exorbitant salaries, they shoot themselves in the foot......which is what you're blindly promoting.

Personally I totally dislike the whole concept of the salary cap, but as long as we're stuck with it we have to either live with it or die with it.
The Patriots success is a good model of how to live with it. If Zeke pulled this on Bellicheck, he'd never get away with it. And if Jerry had any guts, he wouldn't get away with it here either.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nah. I want you to show me where I hate on Dak. If you can't have the decency to admit you fabricated it and pulled it out your ***.
Simple. Your comments supporting a mercenary over giving praise and credit to the true leader of this team proves your disdain for Dak. As for your sexual anti-forum language, it's usually the sign of a snowflake crybaby when he exposes himself for what he truly is.