Dak Prescott Finished Second in NFL MVP Votes According to the Associated Press

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Same place as the offense - loserville.
Our offense did a hell of a lot more against the Packers than our defense. Doubt there was a team the entire playoffs that had 500 yards of offense. I don’t care that a lot of it came in garbage time we were able to move the ball and score. Even had our offense been on point the entire day we would’ve lost in a shootout. The Packers could have scored 60 if they wanted to. You won’t find a playoff game in Cowboys franchise history where the defense crapped the bed like they did against Green Bay.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Another regular season victory parade for Mr. Prescott. The great thing about that list is that the top two looked the worse in last years playoff games while all the others looked good. 2nd in MVP voting, laugher. Pop up that Packer game and have a looksy at the MVP!!
Because Mahomes wasn’t very good in the regular season.
Which doesn't matter at all. And no one knows this better than this forum when it comes to regular season QB's!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Our offense did a hell of a lot more against the Packers than our defense.
For the 10,000th time, the offense didn't (couldn't) do squat until the GB defense took their foot off the gas and pulled their starters. It blows my mind that some members here at CZ keep ignoring that important fact.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL MVP award is a double edged sword as far as specific conversations are concerned. If the term is used for a player in a conversation about the regular season, it is favorable for the player. If the term is used for a player during discussions about the postseason, it can be detrimental--especially if he and/or his team performs poorly during the playoffs.

It is this reason why I believe the award should be mentioned specifically for what it stands for. And it has absolutely nothing to do with postseason performance.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
A well deserved 2nd place for Dak, just like his playoff performances have been failures

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
For the 10,000th time, the offense didn't (couldn't) do squat until the GB defense took their foot off the gas and pulled their starters. It blows my mind that some members here at CZ keep ignoring that important fact.
"garbage time" should be sitckied

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Indeed, and I understand, when we are talking most valuable player to a franchise than Lamar will certainly be in the top candidates, was just noticing the large margin between Lamar and anyone else.
Yeah I’ve looked at past years and for whatever reason all the votes go to the same guy for some reason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Another regular season victory parade for Mr. Prescott. The great thing about that list is that the top two looked the worse in last years playoff games while all the others looked good. 2nd in MVP voting, laugher. Pop up that Packer game and have a looksy at the MVP!!

Which doesn't matter at all. And no one knows this better than this forum when it comes to regular season QB's!
A question was asked and I answered it. If you don’t like that the MVp is a regular season award take it up with Goodell.

JBS

Reaction score
Our offense did a hell of a lot more against the Packers than our defense. Doubt there was a team the entire playoffs that had 500 yards of offense. I don’t care that a lot of it came in garbage time we were able to move the ball and score. Even had our offense been on point the entire day we would’ve lost in a shootout. The Packers could have scored 60 if they wanted to. You won’t find a playoff game in Cowboys franchise history where the defense crapped the bed like they did against Green Bay.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahaha
You honestly don’t think our offense did more than our defense against the Packers? :rolleyes: We had over 500 yards, 37 first downs and scored 32 points. That’s usually plenty enough to win a football game especially a playoff game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
..oh the irony, right! but when post season gears up. Mahomes becomes an animal.
Nothing ironic about it. He’s great. He’s typically great in the regular season too. The year for Bills and Ravens to take them down was last year and they failed. They were vulnerable.

JBS

Reaction score
You honestly don’t think our offense did more than our defense against the Packers? :rolleyes: We had over 500 yards, 37 first downs and scored 32 points. That’s usually plenty enough to win a football game especially a playoff game.
first time watching a football game?

GoldenR

Reaction score
A question was asked and I answered it. If you don’t like that the MVp is a regular season award take it up with Goodell.
Regular season being your key words. What about super bowl MVP? You think he will get one of those that matters. Goodell has one you know.