Dak Prescott: From Game Manager to Gunslinger

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think when you factor in multiple int's from dropped balls and one on a hail mary, the ints dont look so bad.

Having two of the top 3 wr's in the NFL in drops will do that.

INTs are few enough and often enough the fault of the receiver that they should be examined individually.

An INT on a Hail Mary doesn't count. I saw one INT to blame Dak for against GB.

It would be nice to have vids of each INT.

Reactions: Ken

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
LOL!
You so bad!
Handi-Man-In-Living-Color-Damon-Wayans-Character.jpg

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I think when you factor in multiple int's from dropped balls and one on a hail mary, the ints dont look so bad.

Having two of the top 3 wr's in the NFL in drops will do that.
Can we also erase all the other qbs ints from drops and late deep throws?

Or only for Dak?

JBond

Reaction score
Need to get back to feeding Zeke more, including through the passing game and stop trying to push the ball down the field so much. Cobb, Gallup and Coop are all fantastic with the ball in their hands anyway, get it to them short and watch them work.
It is all about balance, but teams are continually focusing on stopping Zeke. Dak may be pressing a bit based on the early success. He wants the 35-40 TD's as he should, but we need balance. We have to remind the league we can gut you with the run game/screens and quick passes.

Ken

Reaction score
Can we also erase all the other qbs ints from drops and late deep throws?

Or only for Dak?
just dak....since he is the only qb in the league who can't have weapons or beat up on bad teams.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Safe Dak is not good enough, and high-risk Dak is a disaster. Dak is a rotten QB and the sooner he is gone, the better!

Fraud Dak and ya he will be uncovered and sent packing....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

He is being abused? You see he threw for 463 yards against a top 10 pass defense right? You saw he got the ball consistently to Cooper for over 200 yards right? You also understand that Cooper could have had 300 if he held onto the first one and doesnt stumble on a potential 70 yard td, right?

That is not getting "abused".

Wake up

His specialty ...Garbage time

Dak_1523658349056_39839520_ver1.0.jpg

MikeB80

Reaction score
weird. I remember Dak's first season when all the know nothings were ecstatic that Dak was just running the play that was called, wasn't running the playclock down and refused to take risks.

Now the same people are applauding him for being a "Gunslinger", That is interesting. If this guy is a gunslinger I must have missed something cause he doesn't look anything like a gunslinger to me.

anyway I know what all that was about and what it is about today. I also know these same people will sell him up the river at the first moment they get.

kskboys

Reaction score
One of the positives the past few years people often cite about Dak is that he is someone who doesn't consistently turn the ball over - outside of his fumble problems, 2016 and 2018 had low INT totals. So far in 2019, he hasn't fumbled the ball, but his interception projection is way up. Right now Precott is projected to have over 537 pass attempts, 5,000 yards passing, 35 TDs, and 19 INTs. When going through every QBs 2019 projections, he compares most to Jameis Winston's 2019 projection with 531 pass attempts, 4.387 yards, 35 TDs, and 16 INTs.

I think there are a couple problems here. 1. Kellen Moore's offense seems set up more for the big play rather than taking what the defense gives you 2. Dak is pressing, this could be due to over confidence or desperation to prove he's a Russell Wilson type talent, maybe both? I think the biggest problem here is, we now lost our identity on offense. In the past, we were known as a run first team. What are we now? We a pass first, run first, or a balanced offense? We are lacking an identity now because I don't think we are truly dominating in either the pass or the run, we now have defenses dictating what our offense can do.

The problem with Dak is that he hasn't taken that step and shown he is elite. Yes, his TD numbers are up, but his INT rates are as well. In previous years, his TD totals were low through the air, but so were his INTs. When compared, he's not there with elite QBs, he's there with the Alex Smiths/Mariotas/Winstons of the league. This is not a 30+ million dollar QB play. IF we had a smart owner, he'd be looking at Dak's gamble and seeing he is losing and be using this to his advantage.
Gunslingers don't win super bowls.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
If I had to bet I would say this week we will be very run heavy. Unless we get down early. We will want to establish that run game and get Elliot that 100 yards ASAP.
I think that’s their best friend. Rely on the ground game and play off that. Using the RBs in the pass game is also something they are not exploiting enough. It’s been too WR heavy....not much TEs or backs....like some more balance.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Fine line between gunslinger and game blower. Dak’s doing a really poor job at not stepping over that line.

Johnny23

Reaction score
You're still in denial? Still getting proved wrong. Plus, what are you talking about? Sounds like another intentionally disinformational rant simply because you hate Dak.
How would you feel if we swapped Jameis Winston for Dak?