Dak Prescott "Garbage time stats" Question

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have noticed a common theme here when it comes to Dak. There are 2 sides of the fence. Those that like him and see that he can lead this team to a Super Bowl. And those that dont like him, no matter how he performs for whatever their reasons are.

Now with that being said. My question hinges on certain statements I have seen on this board about his "garbage time stats".

Now people like to say he pads his stats etc. But the same people then sit there and say he threw a game ending pick to seal the win for the other team.

Now correct me if I am wrong here, but if he is just padding his stats in garbage time. How is he throwing a game ending pick? I mean the game is already over in your eyes. It cant be both. So either he is getting garbage time stats and padding his resume, or he is playing to win and throwing a game ending pick. Pick one. It cant be both.
get ready for some interesting spin.....

apprantley the 3 losses have all been offenses fault.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Back to back game ending picks with several others trying to be thrown. How's no one getting this? Oh well
We get it man. If it were Romo it would be that we were in a desperate situation last week (like the NY game in 2007) or the receiver quit on his route (again like 2007 NY game). With Romo these harsh QB critics could apply a little logic and be reasonable but they CHOOSE not to with Dak. It's really that simple. Otherwise, both QBs would be judged harshly and I think only 1 poster here is equally hard on both QBs. The rest have an agenda

ClintDagger

Reaction score
That's not an argument, I'm certain that all teams play differently throughout the game. You still didn't answer the question.
If anything the defense was gassed.
What question? Did CLE “let us” do something? How can I know without being a mind reader. That question is not one that can be answered. One can however watch film and see if a team changes its scheme based on the game situation. Did CLE do that in the 4th quarter? Yes or no?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you have to ask the question you’re not watching enough film. Look at what CLE’s defense was doing in quarters 1 to 3, versus what they were doing in the 4th with a four TD lead.
so scoring 24 pts and bringing the game to within 3 points with about 4 minutes to go is considered garbage...got it :thumbup:

phildadon86

Reaction score
What question? Did CLE “let us” do something? How can I know without being a mind reader. That question is not one that can be answered. One can however watch film and see if a team changes its scheme based on the game situation. Did CLE do that in the 4th quarter? Yes or no?
Havent watched the film but i can guarantee they didnt just say "hey lets let them score 24 points and make this interesting"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Think what people point to is the fact that the Cowboys get so deep in a hole that the opposing team starts easing off the gas and gobies into a prevent defense to preserve the win. At that time the Cowboys offense wakes up and starts pouring on the yards and scoring. Probably not garbage time but it sure feels like I because the hole is usually too deep to climb out of and requires that’s all parts of the team play flawless football. You are not going to win many games this way but yea at the end of the day you just look at the stats and you see well the offense really was clicking and it was the defense that let them down. But if you watch the whole game you realize that the offense as much as the defense was to blame for the predicament that the team found itself in.
and getting into such a deep hole is all on offense? we gave up 31 points by half time... HALFTIME.....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's fairly simple that ALL NFL TEAMS change things throughout the game.

If you choose to keep your head in the sand, have at it. However NO team is going to continue to let that big of a lead get within 3 points. It's not even debatable.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So you don’t know what they did? You are just basing your argument on a guess?
Educated guess. I havent watched the all-22 or the game again. Because having to relive our defense giving up 300 rushing yards to a guy that was on a fishing boat last season hurts. But educated guess says no football coach or team will just sit back and let a team score 24 points to let the team get within a field goal to tie it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Tired of typing...Shannon will explain it to you bud.
The same old story for 3 years now as Dak pads his stats when the war is lost....

I love unc shay but the score was tied 14-14 for all of 3 seconds not 3 drives.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
It's fairly simple that ALL NFL TEAMS change things throughout the game.

If you choose to keep your head in the sand, have at it. However NO team is going to continue to let that big of a lead get within 3 points. It's not even debatable.
Did CLE fundamentally change their defensive approach in the 4th quarter?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
and getting into such a deep hole is all on offense? we gave up 31 points by half time... HALFTIME.....
It’s on both the offense and the defense. Notice that the game was fine until the offense coughed up the ball twice once again on back to back possessions giving the browns short fields, kills any momentum you have. Then the offense decides to stop generating any positive offense until the 4th. Sorry but not sure how you claim that it’s all the defense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love unc shay but the score was tied 14-14 for all of 3 seconds not 3 drives.

Dak "Empty Calories" Prescott......hmmm think we might have something here?

Maybe he has a future selling diet food to Big Mike and our other large folks out there?