Dak Prescott graded out as the 5th best quarterback in week 1, according to PFF

ShortRound

Reaction score
sMcfwSo.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
apparently no more so than not having an o-line to afford you protection.
We still had 2 All Pro OL, our starter at LG, former starter at Center.

Most would still rate it higher than the Rams OL. And they didn’t have the highly touted receiving corps we have or the top RB.

It’s pathetic. We’re missing one starting OL and have an excuse. Jimmy Johnson is right.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have always been a Dak fan and his numbers show he is at least a good QB. But I need to see a next level and I don’t think Moore is the guy to get that from him. I think Mike can.

Jipper

Reaction score
can you imagine if he would have driven the 92 yards for a td in the 2mins he had with the ball at the end of the 4th? We would all, even the doubters, be saying that he has earned a big time contract....

its moments like those that the top qbs show themselves, Dak is still a very good qb but he blew a massive opportunity on a national stage to show that he was ready.

cern

Reaction score
According to aikman football life Jimmy wanted Berlein over Troy. Hes not the end all be all of player evaluation
we've also been told jimmy wanted walsh over troy. but history has shown both those statements to not be true.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rate him against pff. They're the ones who made the data. I just happen to agree with it. Dak played well imo. He'll be better vs Atlanta hopefully
If we flopped QB’s Sunday nite the game wouldn’t have been close.

How did Goff operate without the best receiving corp in the league , top RB and 2 All Pro OL?

Swagger

Reaction score
Goff has an interception against his name for being smashed across the head just before throwing a ball. I'm not claiming he's good or bad but a bogus interception like that knee caps his rating. Just an example of blindly following stats without having a full understanding of all the information.

cern

Reaction score
can you imagine if he would have driven the 92 yards for a td in the 2mins he had with the ball at the end of the 4th? We would all, even the doubters, be saying that he has earned a big time contract....

its moments like those that the top qbs show themselves, Dak is still a very good qb but he blew a massive opportunity on a national stage to show that he was ready.
i agree. given the circumstances of our poor o-line play, i would have expected to hear kill, kill often. but i can't recall hearing it once. seems the rams defensive alignments had him bamboozled.

TheDank

Reaction score
There were lots of reasons for the loss. I think Dak is a fine quarterback overall who has improved a lot since he’s gotten into the league. He did not have a good game. He didn’t lose us the game with a ton of missed throws or interceptions, but he did leave some big plays on the field a couple of times from what I saw. He also had a dime to Gallup on that crappy OPI call and had that not been made and we’d made the plays after to win the game the narrative would be how clutch he was. It’ll be interesting to see how the offense responds next week.