Dak Prescott graded out as the 5th best quarterback in week 1, according to PFF

aikemirv

Reaction score
5th is hilarious.

Just off the top :

Rodgers, Wilson, Jackson, Josh Allen and Mahommes. I would just love to know how 1 of them did not grade out better than him!

Then you got 11 other winners who he had to play better than to start.

PFF - what a crock!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
can you imagine if he would have driven the 92 yards for a td in the 2mins he had with the ball at the end of the 4th? We would all, even the doubters, be saying that he has earned a big time contract....

its moments like those that the top qbs show themselves, Dak is still a very good qb but he blew a massive opportunity on a national stage to show that he was ready.
Agreed. And why results matter. He had more than one opportunity in 4th qtr. And the one time we did get down there it was stuffed on 4th and 3. Again, results matter. At least for most fans. I suppose there are those who will defend him anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
5th is hilarious.

Just off the top :

Rodgers, Wilson, Jackson, Josh Allen and Mahommes. I would just love to know how 1 of them did not grade out better than him!

PFF - what a crock!
Did you watch all of those guys play?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
According to aikman football life Jimmy wanted Berlein over Troy. Hes not the end all be all of player evaluation

There was a time when that was true, although, with the passage of time, Jimmy changed his mind. Berlein had more experience when Troy was still immersed in his developmental stages. As Troy progressed, Jimmy finally realized that his team's future was with Aikman. Berlein was certainly quite good in his own right, however.

cern

Reaction score
We still had 2 All Pro OL, our starter at LG, former starter at Center.

Most would still rate it higher than the Rams OL. And they didn’t have the highly touted receiving corps we have or the top RB.

It’s pathetic. We’re missing one starting OL and have an excuse. Jimmy Johnson is right.
pro bowl guard zack spent much of the game on his back. no need to mention steele's performance. even you and your astuteness could figure that one out. looney didn't make the pro bowl based on sunday's performance. neither did tyron or williams. so all your aforemention flat stunk it up. or are you going to argue that point, too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

source.gif

cern

Reaction score
Did you watch all of those guys play?
apparently not. i didn't see josh allen, but the others had their typical excellent performances. they all exude a confidence that dak just doesn't have yet.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
5th is hilarious.

Just off the top :

PFF - what a crock!
Looks like Josh Allen had 64.6 overall grade.

Mahommes 69.0

Rodgers 96.0

Wilson 91.2

Jackson 90.9

Diehardblues

Reaction score
pro bowl guard zack spent much of the game on his back. no need to mention steele's performance. even you and your astuteness could figure that one out. looney didn't make the pro bowl based on sunday's performance. neither did tyron or williams. so all your aforemention flat stunk it up. or are you going to argue that point, too.
I’m not saying our 2 All Pro had a good performance. I’m saying it’s not like we went into the game over matched on talent.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Looks like Josh Allen had 64.6 overall grade.

Mahommes 69.0

Rodgers 96.0

Wilson 91.2

Jackson 90.9

Josh Allen was 7-9 on 3rd down - 2-2 on 3rd and 10 plus with 2 conversions and then overall better numbers as well. Threw for 2 TD's and ran for another.

Threw for 17 firsts down and rushed for 4 others

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually watched a few of them....

Dak was 18th in passer rating.

9th in QBR

Just tell me which 1 Dak was better than to start with!

Then we can go down the list!
I can't even tell you honestly man I only saw our game and the Commanders and Eagles game. Saw Buccaneers and Saints too. I honestly can't tell you who's better I was legitimately asking you did you watch them play. I do know though PFF is more than just QBR and Passer rating though. Seemed like his runs were factored in.....just looking at box scores I'd be shocked if Russell, Lamar, Mahomes and Rodgers weren't in front of him....well I don't know about Mahomes maybe he didn't make top 5......

I wonder is the Cowboys offensive line and receivers being ranked so low help Dak's score anyway?

cern

Reaction score
I’m not saying our 2 All Pro had a good performance. I’m saying it’s not like we went into the game over matched on talent.
you're a man of your most recent word if nothing else.

Swagger

Reaction score
Josh Allen was 7-9 on 3rd down - 2-2 on 3rd and 10 plus with 2 conversions and then overall better numbers as well. Threw for 2 TD's and ran for another.

Threw for 17 firsts down and rushed for 4 others
Allen had two fumbles from memory, he missed a few throws that he should be making but he did some really nice bits and pieces as well. Overall I thought he played very well but needs to tidy up the fumbles. He rushes with the ball a lot so he's more liable to do it.

Nav22

Reaction score
9th-best Total QBR.

He’s in year 5 and those pesky, inconvenient stats keep LYING about Dak!!!!!!! DURRRRR HE SUX!!!!
:lmao2:

(Or his idiotic haters just don’t know football? Could... could that be it?)

aikemirv

Reaction score
Even Gardner Minshaw was 19-20 with 3 TD's. I don't care how the game went or outside influences - was Dak better than that? That's pretty tough to beat right there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Goff has an interception against his name for being smashed across the head just before throwing a ball. I'm not claiming he's good or bad but a bogus interception like that knee caps his rating. Just an example of blindly following stats without having a full understanding of all the information.

He had released the ball before he was hit in the head. Your right it should been called back but the int was still on him. Goff was not throwing deep routs through out the game, they were short balls that were getting the YAC by 2nd half Cowboys did adjust to it and were making stops, 1st half was poor no doubt about it.