Dak Prescott graded out as the 5th best quarterback in week 1, according to PFF

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’d argue in recent years Elliott, Martin , Smith, Cooper on offense more talented at their position than Dak. And depending how far you go back I’d throw in Frederick, Dez and Witten.
Coop nah too many drops. Smith nah injured and hasn't played top 10 in years. Zeke while good has been very inconsistent and has missed time due to hunting rabbits. Fred beard I give you. Dez never worked on his game. Witten was above average just played for a very long time and had brokeback mountain relations with his QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coop nah too many drops. Smith nah injured and hasn't played top 10 in years. Zeke while good has been very inconsistent and has missed time due to hunting rabbits. Fred beard I give you. Dez never worked on his game. Witten was above average just played for a very long time and had brokeback mountain relations with his QB.
We’re all certainly entitled to our opinions. It will be interesting to see how history ranks his talent level. My hunch is it won’t be as high as you’ve presented. Time will tell!

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I think alot on here aren't saying Dak is a bad quarterback. I just don't think its unreasonable to expect more out of a guy that wants 40 million dollars a year. I'm sure eagles fans hate wentz just as much right now.... and wentz almost won an mvp if he didn't get hurt. Jared Goff and JimmyG went to Super Bowls.

Your telling me this year, with the talent around him. Perceived better coaching, and poor division we shouldn't run away with the NFC east? I'm not saying that won't happen, but that should be the expectation. Not mediocrity.

The nature of the qb position is you get the blame when things go bad. Its a quarterback driven league. Other qb's have done more with less over there careers.

We scored 3 pts second half last week. That isn't good enough.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

lmao...! Dude!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think alot on here aren't saying Dak is a bad quarterback. I just don't think its unreasonable to expect more out of a guy that wants 40 million dollars a year. I'm sure eagles fans hate wentz just as much right now.... and wentz almost won an mvp if he didn't get hurt. Jared Goff and JimmyG went to Super Bowls.

Your telling me this year, with the talent around him. Perceived better coaching, and poor division we shouldn't run away with the NFC east? I'm not saying that won't happen, but that should be the expectation. Not mediocrity.

The nature of the qb position is you get the blame when things go bad. Its a quarterback driven league. Other qb's have done more with less over there careers.

I love how the narrative is that Dak wanted $40 million a year although there was never any indication of that. Overwhelmingly the stories were that the number of years was the issue, not that he wanted to be paid dramatically more than every other QB.

That said, Dak still has to prove he is the answer, and that has to be determined regardless of what the actual average pay would need to be. Since a deal didn't get done (regardless of the reason) this year will determine whether he gets the big deal with Dallas or not. I will reserve judgement on that until we see how the season plays out, but I do think everyone needs to settle down and not judge a season on one game, or put everything on Dak's shoulders as if no other aspect of the game factored into the loss. This was merely 6.25% of the season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

QBs have consistently won games with the 3rd worst offensive line in the league? and with a below average defense?

aria

Reaction score

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Do dropped passes and passes deflected at the LOS factor in? I don't know what goes into these kinds of ratings.
If the QB makes a good throw and the WR drops it. Why would the QB be graded negatively? We had 3 drops on 3rd down.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Most critics and analysts would argue our offense is loaded with talent.

Most critics have no more credibility than I do, and analysts aren't always objective. And I note your word "argue", implying that there's disagreement, and room for re-evaluation. I'm certainly open to the argument that the team is loaded with talent, but the way I view it, if the team is "loaded" with talent, they shouldn't have gone 8-8 last year, even with Garrett as the HC. Too many times I have seen Awuzie, other DBs totally lost on plays or just beaten badly on pass routes, too many tackles missed, too many missed "easy" throws, too many DEs and DTs stonewalled by average, non-Pro Bowl offensive linemen, etc.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm always right or a top NFL analyst, but I haven't seen anything that would change my opinion to this point...

MikeB80

Reaction score
Who are the other 4?

Where did Matt Ryan grade? They are the #2 offense right now and Dallas is #13

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He'll never return to the format he was as a rookie. They should have waited for his rookie contract to run out before paying him.

He looked a lot more like the rookie Zeke in this game, I'd have to say it's too early to tell, think last year he was out of shape and the beginning of the season, not so this year...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Most critics have no more credibility than I do, and analysts aren't always objective. And I note your word "argue", implying that there's disagreement, and room for re-evaluation. I'm certainly open to the argument that the team is loaded with talent, but the way I view it, if the team is "loaded" with talent, they shouldn't have gone 8-8 last year, even with Garrett as the HC. Too many times I have seen Awuzie, other DBs totally lost on plays or just beaten badly on pass routes, too many tackles missed, too many missed "easy" throws, too many DEs and DTs stonewalled by average, non-Pro Bowl offensive linemen, etc.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm always right or a top NFL analyst, but I haven't seen anything that would change my opinion to this point...
I said Offensively . And why we had #1 offense last year.