Dak Prescott graded out as the 5th best quarterback in week 1, according to PFF

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was responding not initiating. I’m only human to finally respond . Is that the intention of your personal insults to incite me to respond?

Bottomline is my personal attacks on the Cowboys don't allow personal attacks to me. Y’all have never understood those forum rules.
Lmao, what?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You mean you are more afraid of one of the best QB to ever play than Dak? Go Figure.

Now are you afraid of Wentz, Goff, Watson, Allen, Mayfeild, Murray, Jones, Haskins, Darnold??

This is the state of QBs in the NFL. I believe all above are #1 picks and I cannot day any are better than DAK.

Yes, I'm afraid of Rogers. Not afraid of Watson, not afraid of Allen, not afraid of Mayfield, not afraid of Murray, not afraid of Jones, not arfraid of Haskins, don't know about Darnold yet, afraid of Wentz assuming he's not on the DL. But you know what, I'm not paying any of those guys 40 mil either.

See how that works?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes, I'm afraid of Rogers. Not afraid of Watson, not afraid of Allen, not afraid of Mayfield, not afraid of Murray, not afraid of Jones, not arfraid of Haskins, don't know about Darnold yet, afraid of Wentz assuming he's not on the DL. But you know what, I'm not paying any of those guys 40 mil either.

See how that works?

Well, just in looking at a few of those guys from this past week:

Allen 33 of 46 312 Yards 2 TD's 14 Rushes 57 Yards 1 TD Bill Won

Murray 26 of 40 1 TD 1 INT 13 Rushes 91 Yards 1 TD Cardinals Won

Haskins & Goff also won while Wentz, Watson, Mayfield, Jones, and Darnold lost.

Many will disagree but I would take either Allen or Murray over Dak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He got hit after he threw it.
Not even close brother.

look at 37 seconds. 100% clear as day, rocyaice.

Just about tore his helmet off during his throwing motion. :laugh:
You won't find a more obvious uncalled hand to face call on a QB all year.

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

See how that works?

But as an NFL GM, when their contract is up you have to make that decision. The market for a starting QB keeps going up.

So options are:
  • Pay DAK,
  • Sell your draft for a #1 pick who's most likely not as good as DAK
  • Go the cheap vet FA route and get a cast-off (e.g. Taylor, Fitz, Newton)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But as an NFL GM, when their contract is up you have to make that decision. The market for a starting QB keeps going up.

So options are:
  • Pay DAK,

I think Stafford is going to be available and I would be all in on that as a bridge to the next guy if Dak just keeps being a Dakverage QB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
can you imagine if he would have driven the 92 yards for a td in the 2mins he had with the ball at the end of the 4th? We would all, even the doubters, be saying that he has earned a big time contract....

its moments like those that the top qbs show themselves, Dak is still a very good qb but he blew a massive opportunity on a national stage to show that he was ready.

Did you see his throw to Gallup, or did you just decide to miss that?

Ramsey doesn't flop, who knows what's happens. That throws in that clutch of a moment was incredible.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, just in looking at a few of those guys from this past week:

Allen 33 of 46 312 Yards 2 TD's 14 Rushes 57 Yards 1 TD Bill Won

Murray 26 of 40 1 TD 1 INT 13 Rushes 91 Yards 1 TD Cardinals Won

Haskins & Goff also won while Wentz, Watson, Mayfield, Jones, and Darnold lost.

Many will disagree but I would take either Allen or Murray over Dak.

I don't really look at QBs in the same way as many others. I look at the situations they are in, respective to their teams. I believe that all QBs who make it to the NFL are good. I think the situations they get into, once they get drafted make a lot of difference. I never liked Mayfield. Haskins is in a bad situation IMO so I don't really have a lot of faith in his success with the Skinz. Goff and McVay have had a good deal of success. I don't see that changing, so long as the cap doesn't get in the way. Wentz, he's a really good throwing QB. If he can stay healthy, he's in a good situation in Philly. I really like the way Watson competes but I think he's going to end up out of the league before his time. He takes a lot of hits. Jones is really interesting. I don't love him but he seems to be in a really good situation in that the Giants are trying to build the kind of team around him that will allow him to be good for a long time. Still, I don't know about him just yet. Darnold is in NY and the Jets love him. Can the Jets get out of their own way, I don't know, but I do like Darnold.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not even close brother.

look at 37 seconds. 100% clear as day, rocyaice.

Just about tore his helmet off during his throwing motion. :laugh:
You won't find a more obvious uncalled hand to face call on a QB all year.

I disagree. But even for argument sake let's say you are right.....there was nothing there. It was a crappy throw. Chido had Jefferson covered. If he never got hit...unless he was throwing it away......Jefferson was blanketed.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think Stafford is going to be available and I would be all in on that as a bridge to the next guy if Dak just keeps being a Dakverage QB.

Maybe, but I'm not sure Stafford is any better than DAK & I'm not sure that he won't be asking for the same $$.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

So options are:
  • Pay DAK,

That's true, but what does that have to do with me or my post?

But if you are asking, I guess I would say:

• Pay Dak what? Pay Dak 28, 32, 35? I'm not paying Dak more then that if I'm the team and honestly, I wouldn't pay him 35 but that's just my opinion.
  • How do you justify the statement, "most likely not as good as Dak"?
  • The cheap vet route is in the cards regardless IMO. We need a decent backup no matter what.

Jipper

Reaction score

Ramsey doesn't flop, who knows what's happens. That throws in that clutch of a moment was incredible.

for the upteenth time that was a single play and I have acknowledged he made a great throw and he’s a good qb

however there were many other plays on the drive and they didn’t get it done, with him leading. It’s not all his fault obviously but how many times have we seen an elite an get the ball with over 2 mins and multple timeouts find a way to win or tie when only down 3

bottom line is he didn’t get it done, he had a chance to show he was elite and he blew it on a national stage.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
That's true, but what does that have to do with me or my post?

But if you are asking, I guess I would say:

• Pay Dak what? Pay Dak 28, 32, 35? I'm not paying Dak more then that if I'm the team and honestly, I wouldn't pay him 35 but that's just my opinion.
  • How do you justify the statement, "most likely not as good as Dak"?
  • The cheap vet route is in the cards regardless IMO. We need a decent backup no matter what.

I honesty forgot what the origin post was about, lol

How do you justify the statement, "most likely not as good as Dak"?

Because if you look at all the #1 QB picks in the recent memory, most are not as good as DAK. Many are not even starting.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

I can't imagine everyone totally glossing over this. Like he didn't make that throw or something. That catch not counting had nothing to do with dak. That ball was a dime.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Come on man man....I get you are trying to prove a point but you don't have to stoop low enough to where you have to discredit Jimmy lol.

Not discrediting Jimmy, I said he was a very good coach, just noting that there's more to being a successful coach than evaluating talent...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’m not saying we didn’t get whipped on both sides of the ball. But with our talent level we shouldn’t have.

I remember what (if memory serves) Cornelius Bennett with the Bills said, after the 4th SB loss, something along the lines of "With all our talent, we should have won at least one".

Which begs the question - did they really have "all that talent", and it was Levy's fault, or Kelly's fault or other coaching shortcomings? Sure they had lots of Pro Bowl players, but then again Dallas had like 13 Pro Bowlers one year and lost in the first round, with home field and a week off.

Personally I don't subscribe to the opinion that this team is all that talented, especially in the secondary. Just not impressed with Woods, Awuzie, Lewis and others (people can look at the roster). The o-line was excellent for a few years, now with an aging T. Smith, no Frederick, no Leary, Collins out and C. Williams, it no longer is. Sorry folks, it's just not.
Zeke is excellent, but no fullback even on the roster. Witten wasn't that great the last few years, neither Jarwin or Schultz were able to unseat him, even if Witt got most of the looks, if Jarwin/Schultz were really, really good, even Jerry would tell Witten to take a seat most snaps. Personal feelings only go so far.

Dak, while not "trash" as some say, is no Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Mahomes or Brady. Few are of course, else why do they get so much recognition? Dak's pretty good, but for the team to win with talent only, he'd have to be more of a Rodgers, etc.

Of course we've been hamstrung with Garrett for 10 years, too early to tell if MM can make a measurable difference. He had Rodgers of course, again was the SB win and the string of playoff wins MM's doing, or did he just ride Rodgers?

But imho this team has SOME talent, but it's not chock a block full of it, going to take a good combination of coaching, the players and yes some luck to go far in the playoffs....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I can't imagine everyone totally glossing over this. Like he didn't make that throw or something. That catch not counting had nothing to do with dak. That ball was a dime.

Yes it was, but after 4 years we know that Dak, while capable of great throws, is inconsistent in his play. I was hoping he was progressing, and I'll give him this year to get in sync with Moore in his second year, with help from McCarthy, but if you had to pin me down on it, I'd have to say I doubt it. Coaching can't help vision, Dak has to see the field better. Not sure at this point he'll ever be able to.

Can the Cowboys win SB(s) with Dak? I think so, the Ravens won without the "elite" quarterback, so did the Buccaneers. Even having the "elite" quarterback is no guarantee, Brady won one SB only because of Pete Carroll's blunder, and another because of the Falcons' coaching blunder. Wilson has only gone to the SB when his team had the league's number one defense.

But it'd be a heck of a lot easier if Dak made less poor throws...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I remember what (if memory serves) Cornelius Bennett with the Bills said, after the 4th SB loss, something along the lines of "With all our talent, we should have won at least one".

Which begs the question - did they really have "all that talent", and it was Levy's fault, or Kelly's fault or other coaching shortcomings? Sure they had lots of Pro Bowl players, but then again Dallas had like 13 Pro Bowlers one year and lost in the first round, with home field and a week off.

Personally I don't subscribe to the opinion that this team is all that talented, especially in the secondary. Just not impressed with Woods, Awuzie, Lewis and others (people can look at the roster). The o-line was excellent for a few years, now with an aging T. Smith, no Frederick, no Leary, Collins out and C. Williams, it no longer is. Sorry folks, it's just not.
Zeke is excellent, but no fullback even on the roster. Witten wasn't that great the last few years, neither Jarwin or Schultz were able to unseat him, even if Witt got most of the looks, if Jarwin/Schultz were really, really good, even Jerry would tell Witten to take a seat most snaps. Personal feelings only go so far.

Dak, while not "trash" as some say, is no Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Mahomes or Brady. Few are of course, else why do they get so much recognition? Dak's pretty good, but for the team to win with talent only, he'd have to be more of a Rodgers, etc.

Of course we've been hamstrung with Garrett for 10 years, too early to tell if MM can make a measurable difference. He had Rodgers of course, again was the SB win and the string of playoff wins MM's doing, or did he just ride Rodgers?

But imho this team has SOME talent, but it's not chock a block full of it, going to take a good combination of coaching, the players and yes some luck to go far in the playoffs....
Well, we know we have 2 All Pro OL, WR1 and a 2 time league leading rusher. Those can’t be denied.

An OL which was ranked top 5 by most coming into the season. A receiving corp touted by most as one of if not the best in the league. And arguably a QB deserving of top 5 money coming off his best season.

Defensively we have much more questions but one that with the upgrades in DL expected to be improved.