Dak Prescott hasn’t figured out how to use Dez Bryant

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I love how everyone blame's Dez's lack of production on the wr and often the coaches. But almost never on the qb.

The offensive personnel is all here from when Dez was on a hall of fame path. The one difference? The QB. That position usually matters a lot right?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Compared to the last 8 games of 2016, Dak's passer rating has changed by exactly 1 point -- on passes to every player not named Dez.

It has gone down 54 points on passes to Dez.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah if you ignore the fact that Dez can no longer separate.

Dez was never a player that "got separation" - again, another myth. Dez was always a player that would fight for the ball and win - Dez has certainly had a step on corners enough this season to have a chance for a catch.

Dez is getting a ton of targets this year, Dak's accuracy is down especially these past couple games, which will lead to more incompletions.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Compared to the last 8 games of 2016, Dak's passer rating has changed by exactly 1 point -- on passes to every player not named Dez.

It has gone down 54 points on passes to Dez.
I would say half of the misses were dak. He has thrown some poor balls in Dez direction.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I would say half of the misses were dak. He has thrown some poor balls in Dez direction.
I won't argue with half and half. Everyone needs to step up even if its just to defend ones own pride, cant keep losing. Got to stop the losing now.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Dez was never a player that "got separation" - again, another myth. Dez was always a player that would fight for the ball and win - Dez has certainly had a step on corners enough this season to have a chance for a catch.

Dez is getting a ton of targets this year, Dak's accuracy is down especially these past couple games, which will lead to more incompletions.
Well at his age, he really can't separate lol. Look, im a Dez guy. He only catches slants now. Every game we have that "damn Dez, you gotta catch that!" Play. He's not the same and he should be at the top of his game at 29. He has amazing training camps and preseason and last few years been a dud in regular season.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Well at his age, he really can't separate lol. Look, im a Dez guy. He only catches slants now. Every game we have that "damn Dez, you gotta catch that!" Play. He's not the same and he should be at the top of his game at 29. He has amazing training camps and preseason and last few years been a dud in regular season.

You put Dez in NE or Pitt or NO and you will see a beast running rampant.

It's our coaching and QB

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Plenty of separation here:

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
You put Dez in NE or Pitt or NO and you will see a beast running rampant.

It's our coaching and QB
Doubt it. Belichick won't play a guy who can't run routes or learn the playbook. Dez wouldn't crack the Steelers lineup, Dez would be the #3 at best. That's the problem. You guys still think we have 2014 Dez and we don't. I'm not saying the guy doesn't have heart or skill. I'm saying that injuries have ruined his career. It happens all the time in the NFL

Skillit

Reaction score
Dez has more highlight worthy ‘almost catches’ than any player I’ve ever seen.

No one drops the ball goingvto the ground like Dez Bryant.

Verdict

Reaction score
He certainly has "his guys".

I just don't think that things would how well asking Bryant to take a pay cut. He's obviously an emotional guy and that works for and against him.

I can't help but to think he would have an emotional response when asked to take less money and take it personally.

Highly likely.

khiladi

Reaction score
These are targets on passes that went at least 15 yards in the air, and gained at least 30 yards:
2016-17
(18 plays in 27 games)
Bryant 6
others 12

2013-14
(23 plays in 34 games)
Bryant 13
others 10

The last two years, we've hit 1.50 of these plays per game, and Dez has one every 4.5 games.

In 2013-14, we hit 1.47 of these plays per game, and Dez had one every 2.6 games.

Which one of this 15 yard passes were go routes?

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
You guys complained about Romo to Dez as well. Search is your friend. I remember a lot of why doesn't Romo throw jump balls, fades, slants to Dez. You guys blamed Romo when Dez disappeared for weeks, especially during big games.

Who is you guys? You never saw ME ever say a negative word about Romo. He is my top three favorite Cowboys behind only Irvin and Smith. Accept it or not, but Dez was a top 5 wr with Romo. Dak sucks, and isn't an NFL QB without Zeke doing all the heavy lifting.