Dak Prescott hasn’t figured out how to use Dez Bryant

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm wondering if they're going to have that "difficult conversation" with Dez Bryant after this season?

:huh:

CapnCook

Reaction score
It really is strange isn't it? I can understand losing explosiveness, leaping ability, etc. as a result of knee/feet injuries. I do not at all understand how a receiver with great hands loses that ability. I don't recall ever seeing a receiver's great hands regress over the course of his career, especially so suddenly.

You would think hands should be the absolute last thing to go. At age 50, even though you can't get open worth a lick, I wouldn't expect a crazy drop off in hands. Really weird.
It's focus. And it's not just Dez.

Until someone goes through trying to work completely focused in a distracting environment, they will not have the full appreciation of its damaging affect. This is not an excuse, but an attempt at an explanation.

This season sucks.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
It's focus. And it's not just Dez.

Until someone goes through trying to work completely focused in a distracting environment, they will not have the full appreciation of its damaging affect. This is not an excuse, but an attempt at an explanation.

This season sucks.

This season is simply brutal. As bad as 2008 was following the great 2007 season and as bad as 2015 was following 2014, this one takes the cake at least for the last 15 years or so, IMO. Just horrific.

CapnCook

Reaction score
This season is simply brutal. As bad as 2008 was following the great 2007 season and as bad as 2015 was following 2014, this one takes the cake at least for the last 15 years or so, IMO. Just horrific.

Before, the team has had to deal with legal battles, injuries to key players, changeovers in locker room chemistry, suspensions, and owner-created circuses.

I cannot remember a time when those have all been to the Nth degree and all in the same season.

On a minor note. I don't like us in the Hall of Fame game. 2010, 2013 and 2017 in recent years. All seasons with terrible starts and lingering issues throughout the season.

Skillit

Reaction score
Dak isn’t the 2nd coming of Troy, but losing Tyron and Zeke AT THE SAME TIME has to be figured in there somewhere.

Dak can work on his accuracy— I fear the things that made Dez elite have faded with age.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nope the problem is with Dak himself because of his lack of accuracy. Dez best plays come from accurate jump ball type plays. That's why Dez has looked relatively trash since Dak got here. When Romo was last healthy Dez was doing just fine. Dez gets some blame too but I think more is on Dak because of accuracy.

Peopls simply don’t get it..

Dak’s numbers to TWill even last year on GO ROUTES was a worse percentage than Dez’s on a certain sample size that was run. Dak connected on thirty percentile with Dez and twenty percentile with TWill.

And TWill has speed to stretch the field.

So blaming Dez is absurd, considering how many go routes this guy runs.

khiladi

Reaction score
Did you notice how on 1 INT Dak threw into the open area in a zone but Dez was not in the open area?

So he threw an INT to an ‘open’ area that got intercepted by a defender in what was suppose to be an open area and it’s Dez’s fault for the INT because he was not in the ‘open’ area that the defender was in..

dwreck27

Reaction score
16 million dollar toy that can’t be used right by our young QB

And his other toy has stone hands

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Definitely. A terrible return on investment.

Top 5 receiver pay for what? Does he even rank in the top 20 for receivers?
If I’m drafting receivers for one game he’s still high on my list. I’ve seen him do things no one else can.

But I wouldn’t be shocked if they consider moving him. They need a wr and a Te and are low on assets.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
romo alluded to this in the chiefs game. And right now without zeke and no dez Potential for explosive plays our offense just has to be perfect to march down the field.
Maybe Romo got the better Dez, and we’re seeing a serious decline in Dez’s overall ability.

I believe it’s the latter.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
8 receptions for Dez, zero plays made. What as once a promising career has quickly gone down the down the tubes. I do think it was the injuries and not really the fault of Dez.

Edit: How do you use Dez? He isn't Brown or Julio. He doesn't have the strength a Calvin Johnson had. He doesn't run great routes like Fitz does. Tell me how do you use a Dez Bryant?

Last edited:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
8 receptions for Dez, zero plays made. What as once a promising career has quickly gone down the down the tubes. I do think it was the injuries and not really the fault of Dez.

Edit: How do you use Dez? He isn't Brown or Julio. He doesn't have the strength a Calvin Johnson had. He doesn't run great routes like Fitz does. Tell me how do you use a Dez Bryant?
not throw it 5 yards out of bounds?

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
not throw it 5 yards out of bounds?
8 receptions, zero plays made. Dez doesn't have "it" anymore. I don't know what you guys think he is capable of? Dez runs poor routes, gets zero separation, is slow, and now gets pushed around by DB's. I never thought I would see the day when Dez was out muscled by DB's. I think you Dez fans need to serious look and his rapid decline. Dez is at the point where even Bill Belichick wouldn't have a use for him.

Dez is more Hakeem Nicks than Calvin Johnson

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dez is 29 years old...... he isn’t a spring chicken, especially for somebody who played the game in the physical, hard nosed way that Dez has.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I’m drafting receivers for one game he’s still high on my list. I’ve seen him do things no one else can.

But I wouldn’t be shocked if they consider moving him. They need a wr and a Te and are low on assets.

I don't see "moving him" as an option. Nobody else is signing on to pay him that salary.