Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It's the market, it's the market...that's all you hear when a player that's not the best gets paid like he is the best, it's called bad business imho. Nothing against Dak, but I just think it's a counter productive way to build a team.

SF is a good model for teams without a Top tier QB. Build a great team, and hope your low cost bus driver can make enough plays to win it all.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's the market, it's the market...that's all you hear when a player that's not the best gets paid like he is the best, it's called bad business imho. Nothing against Dak, but I just think it's a counter productive way to build a team.

SF is a good model for teams without a Top tier QB. Build a great team, and hope your low cost bus driver can make enough plays to win it all.
Purdy won’t set the market.

I guarantee that. San Fran won’t be like Dallas.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think Jerry ever tries to improve a position.

He simply just replaces guys we lose each year and hopes for the best.

We know as long as Dak is here there will be zero attempt to improve the position because Jerry doesn’t operate that way. Jerry doesn’t like competition inside the locker room. He thinks comfort breeds success.
This is why I am not excited about FA or the draft at this point. Nothing will change even though they say it will be different.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s going to be at least 50 million. But I don’t get hung up on that. It becomes just a talking point.

Just like his last contract which was 40 mil per his Cap hits were 17, 19 and 26 million first 3 seasons which is about what he’s worth.

They always back load these deals and give a huge signing bonus.

Ken

Reaction score
We’re going to be Dak, CeeDee, and Micah.

The rest of the team will be vet minimum guys and rookies.
Do you not understand how the salary cap works?

If they do nothing with Dak, your statement is true.

Extending them all out gives them flexibility.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro is fine staying with Prescott. He provides a relative and consistent playoff contender. Not much we can do about it.

Theres no starting over. Jethro is All On and willing to go as far as Dak can take us. You can root for him to get hurt or a total team collapse. Otherwise this it. What are we gonna do.

The only option is continue to try and build upon and surround Dak and hope for the best.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I like winniing...12 wins every year. Just have to figure out the playoffs.
Easy to figure it out. 2 out of the last 3 years the D had them in the game. The offense couldnt score. 4 total turnovers by the QB that resulted in points.

Not very difficult to ascertain what is the problem here.

I knew we were in trouble when they panned the camera to Dak coming out of the tunnel. He looked scared.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Losing builds character. Look how much these franchises appreciated after going decades and generations without winning a championship.

Yes, it’s more fun winning but last I checked fans have little control unless they refuse to attend the games and turn off the TV.

Football is a sum sport. Someone has to lose. We were very fortunate in my lifetime. We enjoyed much success for decades. It was bound to turn at some point. And our owner isn’t helping.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
We’re going to be Dak, CeeDee, and Micah.

The rest of the team will be vet minimum guys and rookies.
We will be the only team with this problem. No other elite team has ever paid their star QB and other star players, ever! Most teams pay their star player, whether its the QB or another star player, and no one else.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
If they don't matter stop crying.....jeez....you guys have so much damn hate. How can you enjoy the game. I don't care what Jerry does, I have know say in it. Whoever is on the field, I'll root for. I don't get how some can be so NEGATIVE and are still here. Moping, crying, whining every single day! Please share your thoughts! :lmao:
....you said "hate" and "NEGATIVE".............

plasticman

Reaction score
Plenty of "Carch-22" scenarios when it comes to the draft and the salary cap.

Being a great team when it comes to drafting talent has short term benefits only. A great player is going to detriment your salary cap after their rookie contract is over.

The Cowboys have been very fortunate to get five 1st team All Pro seasons out of players still on their rookie contracts over the past three years. Now, they are going to cost.

I wouldn't pay Dak, Parsons or Pollard.

The Cowboys should know better by now. You can't build a successful team when a handful of players are soacking up half of your salary cap. They should have learned that after the Trio plus Deion. They certainly should have known after Romo/Bryant/Ware.

Big_D

Reaction score
It really sucks when you shoot yourself in the foot.. but it’s even worse when you keep doing it. This team will never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.