Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
We will be the only team with this problem. No other elite team has ever paid their star QB and other star players, ever! Most teams pay their star player, whether its the QB or another star player, and no one else.
but mom, everybody's doing it..... and 29 other teams didn't make it to the dance either.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It’s going to be at least 50 million. But I don’t get hung up on that. It becomes just a talking point.

Just like his last contract which was 40 mil per his Cap hits were 17, 19 and 26 million first 3 seasons which is about what he’s worth.

They always back load these deals and give a huge signing bonus.
Why would you stop listing his cap hits after the first 3 seasons. You should keep going.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We will be the only team with this problem. No other elite team has ever paid their star QB and other star players, ever! Most teams pay their star player, whether it’s the QB or another star player, and no one else.
Jerry appreciates your unwavering support of him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
just cut this guy already. take the hit, suck for a year or two and go get a QB that can actually play well when it matters.
Broncos figured it out and will be cutting Russell Wilson and eating the dead cap, he already has 25 million dollar estate up for sale in Cherry Hills Village.

Will put the Donks at 50 million over the cap, but several veterans with no guarantee will also be cut and will put them in great shape under the cap with plenty of money to spend.

They are smart enough to recognize a huge mistake and understand that a rebuild does not take that long.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No not at all.
However if you were in charge we would go winless every year.
Wonder how far these haters and trolls will take it.

They are already rooting against any success hoping that will bring change. Next I guess they’ll root for career ending injuries . Maybe root for the team plane to crash . How far are they willing to go.

And then they will hate anyone who supports and or realizes we have little choice in the matter still rooting on our QB and team.

Surely at some point fans here will ignore .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro has lowered the bar this era. He’s comfortable with mediocrity and staying relative.

I’ve been calling it out for a couple decades now. Not much else we can do.

He’s not going to let it hit rock bottom and have to start over.

Remember this frustrating and disappointment this era has been going on long before Dak came.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I root for Dak because he is on the team. Once he is gone, he is gone.
I know you and others want that to happen now. But we all know it won't.

I would like if he gets no new deal. Plays out this year. then they move on. They just need to figure out how to do it with the $59 million hit on the cap.
We know they will not cut him and take that hit over the next 2 years, if a June 1st cut. Though that still does not help the cap until June 1st.

Then if they move on from MM, they can with Dak as well. As a new HC will want to have his own QB. Rather that be Lance or a drafted QB in 2025.

TC and PS games to see how Lance does, is all that we have to look forward to for now.
Case in study, please reference how the Broncos are doing it with Wilson.
Very similar situation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...boys-at-60-million-highest-paid-ever-contract

Colleague Jordan Schultz is reporting that we should expect Dak to approach $60 million APY, a deal that would “re-set the market.”

You fail up in Dallas.
that sucks. at some point this QB market has to stop the craziness. if this happens, which it very well may, then the next one is 65 and 70M is right around the corner. then its going to end up you either get lucky and have a QB on rookie deal to win, else you are just going for selling Jersey's to recover your 70M per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.