Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you believe your rooting makes Dak better at QB?

I don’t see the benefit in rooting for a player that is a big part of the reason for failure every year.

Some do as their told and take what is given to them while others choose to voice their displeasure and rally against it.

Let me ask ya, Jazz. In the history of anything what causes more change to take place?

Those who willingly take whatever they’re given or those who rally against it?
When it comes to sports, you root for the team you like. It is far different than making changes the way you are relating making change to.

Sports have salary caps and contracts, so it is not easy to make those changes. And we as fans can't do anything about it. Well except vent however one chooses to do that.

Rooting for losses will not change that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
When it comes to sports, you root for the team you like. It is far different than making changes the way you are relating making change to.

Sports have salary caps and contracts, so it is not easy to make those changes. And we as fans can't do anything about it. Well except vent however one chooses to do that.

Rooting for losses will not change that.
Rooting for the team also entails hoping they improve and progress. If they have to lose to get the right players then so be it.

Rooting for Dak is rooting for sideways growth that will eventually start going down.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe because it's pretty important and will have an impact on future contracts for current/ free agent players
It’s important but the board is flooded with his contract threads. Even after he’s extended fans will continue starting threads bellyaching about it. We went through the same thing prior to his second contract.

Qcard

Reaction score
If they don't matter stop crying.....jeez....you guys have so much damn hate. How can you enjoy the game. I don't care what Jerry does, I have know say in it. Whoever is on the field, I'll root for. I don't get how some can be so NEGATIVE and are still here. Moping, crying, whining every single day! Please share your thoughts! :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rooting for the team also entails hoping they improve and progress. If they have to lose to get the right players then so be it.

Rooting for Dak is rooting for sideways growth that will eventually start going down.
I root for Dak because he is on the team. Once he is gone, he is gone.
I know you and others want that to happen now. But we all know it won't.

I would like if he gets no new deal. Plays out this year. then they move on. They just need to figure out how to do it with the $59 million hit on the cap.
We know they will not cut him and take that hit over the next 2 years, if a June 1st cut. Though that still does not help the cap until June 1st.

Then if they move on from MM, they can with Dak as well. As a new HC will want to have his own QB. Rather that be Lance or a drafted QB in 2025.

TC and PS games to see how Lance does, is all that we have to look forward to for now.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think after years of disastrous huge contracts
the guy would learn something. Instead he just gets worse and worse.
Hopefully even his liver will protest this garbage.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
This is an NFL problem. They decided to let QBs account for a huge portion of the teams cap and now we have to deal with game manager qbs getting ridiculous pay days, basically handicapping teams.
How about we make it a rest-of-the-NFL problem and choose not to participate in the insanity. If some fool GM traded us a #1 pick for Brandin Cooks and gave him a contract for $35 million a year, does that then justify CeeDee demanding $40+ million a year because he's obviously better. I'm looking for the team that sets a precedent and doesn't mortgage the entire team's ability to put a good product on the field just because a QB's contract is ending and they think they should be paid more for just being the next guy up.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Now don’t be going and using logic.
I don’t think Jerry ever tries to improve a position.

He simply just replaces guys we lose each year and hopes for the best.

We know as long as Dak is here there will be zero attempt to improve the position because Jerry doesn’t operate that way. Jerry doesn’t like competition inside the locker room. He thinks comfort breeds success.

bottleKids

Reaction score
The question is has Dak out performed Joe Burrow's yearly avg which is $55 million or Justin Herbert's yearly avg of $52 million. Clearly yes on Herbert, so just based on that expect him to get around $55 to $59 million a year avg although it could/should be a contract with heavy incentives for NFC championship game, Super Bowl game and wins in those games to approach that $55 to $59 per year.
Just because he can ask for $60 doesn't mean he should.... the guy is a choker who should take a 50-55 year contract as his second big contract and let team go get as much as they to put around him. Something Mahomes is currently doing with his contract.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That’s not his it has to work though.

Who’s forcing Jerry to make a bum like Dak set the market?

Who’s forcing Jerry to buy a trailer for the price of a mansion?

Nobody.
The answer is.

Jerry.

He put the NTC in the contract, he pushed money down the line. So. Jerry is the answer to your question.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is it truth? People want Dak gone, so Dallas can try and improve the position
This has nothing to do with what I posted. What is your point.
How do you know if the position will be improved. Just because a handful of loud posters say so. Be careful what you wished for. Since Aikman, we have not had a great QB. So you want another 20 years of nothing. Or a few more years of at least getting to the playoffs regularly to have that SB opportunity.
3 straight years of making the playoffs. That has not happened since the 90's. And very good chance they make it a 4th year.

Dak hate over Dallas fans. :facepalm:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with what I posted. What is your point.
How do you know if the position will be improved. Just because a handful of loud posters say so. Be careful what you wished for. Since Aikman, we have not had a great QB. So you want another 20 years of nothing. Or a few more years of at least getting to the playoffs regularly to have that SB opportunity.
3 straight years of making the playoffs. That has not happened since the 90's. And very good chance they make it a 4th year.

Dak hate over Dallas fans. :facepalm:
“Let’s keep Alex Smith cause I’m scared Mahomes might not be as good”

Dak fan.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’ve accepted to the fact we will resign Dak and he’ll reset the market. I’m also accepted the fact we will be lucky to win a WC game with Dak at the helm. He’s not good in the playoffs and our roster won’t be as good due to him taking a large portion of the cap. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.