Dak Prescott is now the NFL’s longest-tenured starting QB

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Has any another franchise spent almost 20 straight years hitching their wagons to an undrafted talent and a 4th round talent at the most important position in sports?

Geee... I wonder why the Cowboys can't get over the humps.

Seriously though.. Has any team gone almost 20 years without drafting a QB in the 1st round when they can't get past the Divisional Round of the playoffs?

aikemirv

Reaction score
2 firsts and a second???? For Dak???? Not a chance.
Yep GB just maybe will get a 1st for Rodgers and Rodgers chance of winning a Super Bowl in 2 years is much better than Dak has in 6 years so I don't think we would get a first for Dak.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The Cleveland Browns have drafted 5 QBs in the first round over the past 20 years if that makes you feel any better.
The fact that the Cleveland Browns try harder than the Cowboys does not make me feel any better. At least they are trying.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The Cleveland Browns have drafted 5 QBs in the first round over the past 20 years if that makes you feel any better.
The Browns making an effort to fill the most important position in sports with a 1st round talent while the Cowboys hitch their wagons to undrafted/4th round talent when all the Cowboys have to show for it is 3 more measly Wild Card wins than the Browns is supposed to make me feel better?

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Talk about a hot mess. The Cleveland Browns QB history the past couple of decades is SMH terrible stuff. Poor choices in the draft followed by the DeShaun Watson trade. They traded three first round picks plus three more lower picks for freaking DeShaun Watson and his red flag baggage. I am critical of Cowboy management a lot and often. But the Browns and Haslams have done a poorer job than the Jones....much poorer.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has promised he will get better, and one of these days he might actually do it. Don't hold your breath waiting, though. Right now he just throws out garbage with no intent to back it up.
I disagree. I think he has every intent. By all accounts he works hard. Nobody calls him a slacker.

Intent doesn't guarantee results though, nor does it guarantee that weaknesses will disappear. Right now he's looking at a career of being good, but not good enough, and it's getting pretty hard to see that changing at this point.

Cmac

Reaction score
This team has not sniffed a SB since '95. Let that sink in.