Dak Prescott is now the NFL’s longest-tenured starting QB

plasticman

Reaction score
This whole QB mess is completely Jerry's fault.

First of all, he wasn't proactive at all when it came to resigning Dak. He should have renegotiated and extended Dak's contract after year #3. The amount would have been far more palatable. Worse than that, he never had a plan B. He should have drafted a QB in day #2 that season or the season before.

Even today, who has Dak looking over his shoulder, working and competing as hard as he can because he knows someone else can take the starting job? Nobody.

That's on Jerry. Dak is what he is. If Jerry wants better then he needs to go out and get better. He's a HOF GM, isn't he? Time to work that magic.

leeblair

Reaction score
Well, Garrett was the longest tenured coach at one point as well.
Dak is Garrett 2.0.
The Cowboys would actually have at least three or four Super Bowl wins if neither had come to Dallas. Both have held the Cowboys back and wasted years and hundreds of millions of dollars in talent while they were/are here.
Like Garrett, if Dak was anywhere else, he'd already be out of the NFL.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not taking any shots at Romo. I'm simply stating facts. If it bothered you that I brought up Romo, sorry. It's good to make the comparison.
Speaking of comparisons, they have the same playoff record and by this time as starters both of them started to become injury prone and the same time in their careers.

75boyz

Reaction score
Incorrect.
Jason Garrett became HC midway through the 2010 season.
Pete Carroll became HC of the Seahawks at the beginning of 2010;
so he was - and still is - the longest-tentured NFC head coach currently with one team.
And of course, Bill Belichick is the longest-tenured HC with one team currently in the NFL - 23 seasons and counting.
Guess you got me there on the literal side of things.
I guess I may have been speaking In a figurative kinda way as he's still Dak Garrett to me. They share a few similar traits imo.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This whole QB mess is completely Jerry's fault.

First of all, he wasn't proactive at all when it came to resigning Dak. He should have renegotiated and extended Dak's contract after year #3. The amount would have been far more palatable. Worse than that, he never had a plan B. He should have drafted a QB in day #2 that season or the season before.

Even today, who has Dak looking over his shoulder, working and competing as hard as he can because he knows someone else can take the starting job? Nobody.

That's on Jerry. Dak is what he is. If Jerry wants better then he needs to go out and get better. He's a HOF GM, isn't he? Time to work that magic.
I argued the same in the past, he could have even done it in year 4 and they waffled on about 2M a year difference. I believe at the time the price was about $27M average. they ended up franchising him and paying the differnece and more....jerry is stupid.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The low standards of some people amazes me. Dak is not changing your mind any time soon.
IMG-1287.jpg

:muttley:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or it could be the simple fact that Jerry won't bring in a suitable backup capable of competing for the starting job, leaving them no choice but to start Dak.... Jerry doesn't want to hurt Dak's feelings
People....some of them the same ones propping dak right here.....said the same thing about Zeke. Jerry's loyalty to his pet players is ridiculous. Doesn't wanna hurt his feelings. Only played him cause the contract.
Now touting high and mighty Jerry's loyalty to dak as proof of daks prowess and supremacy.
Look I don't hate dak, but this double standard cherry picking hypocrisy is asininely ridiculous.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We had a qb with longer tenure and these same guys crap on him to prop dak. Tenure only matters when it suits their agenda.
The past is the past.....but I'll point out hypocrisy when I see it.

I mean, the only QBs that I would say that have been crap that we've had (starting QBs) would be the following: Tony Banks, Ryan Leaf, Clint Storner, Quincy Carter (well, until Parcells got ahold of him, then he got himself banned), Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson, and, for a few games in 08, Brad Johnson. So, for us to have had the likes of Aikman, Staubach, Meredith, Danny White, Romo, and Dak is amazing when you think about it.