Twitter: Dak Prescott is one of the most high flying passers in the game

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Ok, then we'll come full circle.

What should Deshaun Watson be paid?

Nothing an individual player does translates to wins. Throwing the ball well does it better than anything else though.

QB wins is the dumbest, laziest argument there is.

Watson was already paid so no point to answering that question but why should Dallas have to pay Dak based on other teams QB's? While the market may set certain pay levels, much like in real estate if the neighborhood is too expensive for what the house is then you look to a different neighborhood where you can get a house just as good for much less.....even if it means taking some time to make adjustments to that house.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Can you see that stats are a method to evaluate his talent at the position? His wins/losses since he entered the league are another.

Hopefully, he gets a decent Defense like Brady has had and I’ll let you know how he does.

Ahhhh, here we go with this stuff again. All Dak needs is __________________ (fill in the blank) and its super bowl time, baby.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Watson was already paid so no point to answering that question but why should Dallas have to pay Dak based on other teams QB's? While the market may set certain pay levels, much like in real estate if the neighborhood is too expensive for what the house is then you look to a different neighborhood where you can get a house just as good for much less.....even if it means taking some time to make adjustments to that house.
Just answer the question. I don't know why it is so difficult.

You have a very clear take on Dak that he shouldn't be paid because he does not win. If you don't apply it to other quarterbacks, it just proves the agenda and undermines your entire argument.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Ahhhh, here we go with this stuff again. All Dak needs is __________________ (fill in the blank) and its super bowl time, baby.
I don't know why the Anti-Dak folks think this is such a zinger.

It's true for every single quarterback.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I disagree. I think QB stats are the dumbest, laziest argument there is. Wins are the only thing that matters.

QBs don’t play defense. There I crushed your “expert opinion”.

Throwing the mic down and walking away.

acr731

Reaction score
I disagree. I think QB stats are the dumbest, laziest argument there is. Wins are the only thing that matters.

Whether you throw for 20 yards or 800 a loss is still a loss.

Vandyr

Reaction score

Maybe, if Dak hadn't had a top 5 or 6 defense during his 8 and 8 year. Or the fact that the Dak led offense went multiple quarters without scoring a single touchdown. Defense has nothing whatsoever to do with that.

"Crushed" :rolleyes: Better pick that mic back up.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak n dunk or is it dink n dak?
Do you realize that Duncan Duncan is a winning process. We stopped it and we started losing. Yes he gained 500 yards a game. And we went backwards. Understand how the system works before you complain about one person please

phildadon86

Reaction score
Interesting perspective and that's the Andy Dalton who is the worst QB in the league according to some. Imagine what a Herbert would look like in this offense.
Well I mean according to some here. Wins are all that matters. And Herbert was losing games he should have won. (I know its not his fault) but if you judge him the same way Dak gets judged. Hes not a winner.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Just answer the question. I don't know why it is so difficult.

You have a very clear take on Dak that he shouldn't be paid because he does not win. If you don't apply it to other quarterbacks, it just proves the agenda and undermines your entire argument.

LOL All it proves is my focus is on improving Dallas and not giving two craps what other teams decide to do with their roster.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Until this front office stop micromanaging, you can blame whoever you want to blame you can put it on the defense you can put it on the offense. But until we leave this process to the professionals we never winning a championship again in my opinion.

acr731

Reaction score
I don't know why the Anti-Dak folks think this is such a zinger.

It's true for every single quarterback.

I don't know why Dak homers are so enamored with his personal stats.

A little honesty here - I think Dak is a decent QB. Nowhere close to elite, but decent. I wouldn't care if he only threw for 150 yards a game if the team was consistently winning. I'm not amazed by QB's who throw for 350 to 400 yards a game (which Dak doesn't do, just so you know) and the team still finishes 6-10, or 8-8. Empty stats that don't look good for anyone other than the person who cares more about stats than winning.

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't know why Dak homers are so enamored with his personal stats.

A little honesty here - I think Dak is a decent QB. Nowhere close to elite, but decent. I wouldn't care if he only threw for 150 yards a game if the team was consistently winning. I'm not amazed by QB's who throw for 350 to 400 (which Dak doesn't do, just so you know) yards a game and the team still finishes 6-10, or 8-8. Empty stats that don't look good for anyone other than the person who cares more about stats than winning.
Completely agree. He'a a decent QB with the likes of Cousins and Carr. That's his level.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Ummm....but when the defense last season holds opposing offenses to an average of 20.06 points/game while the offense averages 27.125 points/game in 2019 and yet the team still goes 8-8.....you have to stop blaming the defense and ask why Dak couldn't lead the offense to more than 10 points against the Saints, 9 points against NE, and 9 points against the Eagles.

Last edited:

acr731

Reaction score
Ummm....but when the defense last season holds opposing defenses to an average of 20.06 points/game while the offense averages 27.125 points/game in 2019 and yet the team still goes 8-8.....you have to stop blaming the defense and ask why Dak couldn't leave the offense to more than 10 points against the Saints, 9 points against NE, and 9 points against the Eagles.

Me thinks he better return and pick the mic back up.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You mean like Tennessee or Baltimore?
They both stink lol. They got stomped in the playoffs because they can't throw the ball.
LOL All it proves is my focus is on improving Dallas and not giving two craps what other teams decide to do with their roster.
No, it proves you don't know what you're talking about. I don't give two craps if the Texans sign Watson or not. But it matters when talking about how you build your roster. You can't ignore what other teams do and then say things like, "I'd trade Dak for Andy Dalton and Justin Simmons" and act like you have any credibility.

Aven8

Reaction score
I can name three division foes that would kill to have Dak. ;)