Twitter: Dak Prescott is one of the most high flying passers in the game

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Do you realize that Duncan Duncan is a winning process. We stopped it and we started losing. Yes he gained 500 yards a game. And we went backwards. Understand how the system works before you complain about one person please

HEY. it’s not my fault that chicks dig the long ball

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Our defense had 4 takeaways in 8 losses. Statistically we had less than a 20% chance to win those games if all else was equal. The Chiefs for example average almost 2 takeaways/win since 2015. You can’t argue with facts no matter what personal opinions you throw out there.

Well if Dak requires virtually everything to go his way then Dallas will not be winning for awhile.....and so much for Dak elevating the team.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Someone should let Moore know about this so he can stop trying so hard to come up with with "innovative" ways to get the ball over the goal line in those in close situations that require quick decisions and precise passes in to narrow windows.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well you and others tout how great a passer Dak is.....how has that helped the team in the playoffs: 1 Win 2 Losses That in 5 years....yeah I can see that logic.
Mmmk now do all the other quarterbacks. Now actually evaluate how Dak played in those games. Change the record, because this point is just so stupid and lazy. It's just the shortest route to try to justify the narrative that Dak isn't "elite" or whatever word you want to use.

Like honestly do you watch football? The Divisional round, entirely, was decided by who could throw the football and who couldn't. Passing offense, by miles and miles, is the most important part of a team.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
4 takeaways in 8 games is telling the offense that the only way we’re going to win is if you’re perfect. All you have to do is look up the average takeaway/giveaway s per win/loss and it is painfully obvious that our defense was a massive liability.

So what you are saying is that Dak needs the defense and everything else around him to be perfect, right?

What is Tom Brady's excuse? Tampa was 7-9 in 2019, he comes on board a season later and they're in the NFCCG. Did Tampa have to make everything around Tom perfect in order to have success? Nope, he's an elite QB where Dak is not.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So does Mahomes so not sure what the point of that is. Are you saying Montana would have sucked if he didn’t have Rice? Is Marino overrated because he had great receivers? What about Elway and the Three Amigos?

The argument the qb was only good because of everyone else is lazy.

Not in this case but thanx for the trip down memory lane. Dak sucked prior to the Amari Cooper arrival. We basically traded for Amari b/c Dak was struggling so bad with the existing wr core. Dalton looked good with this wr core even with a scrub offensive line.

Daks best year is still his rookie year. The question is can you win with Dak sucking down 40M of cap space. I don't think so based on what we've seen so far. He was 8-8 last year and started this year 1-3.

acr731

Reaction score
Not in this case but thanx for the trip down memory lane. Dak sucked prior to the Amari Cooper arrival. We basically traded for Amari b/c Dak was struggling so bad with the existing wr core. Dalton looked good with this wr core even with a scrub offensive line.

Daks best year is still his rookie year. The question is can you win with Dak sucking down 40M of cap space. I don't think so based on what we've seen so far. He was 8-8 last year and started this year 1-3.

You're going to get Rockport on a tear again. He insists that 40m doesn't equal 40m when it comes to calculating cap space. I'll admit I don't understand how that is calculated, and frankly I don't care. But he seems to feel he's the expert there and will insult anyone who claims that a 40m contract will count 40m against the cap.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
4 takeaways in 8 games is telling the offense that the only way we’re going to win is if you’re perfect. All you have to do is look up the average takeaway/giveaway s per win/loss and it is painfully obvious that our defense was a massive liability.

Dallas Cowboys Turnover Difference By Season Since 2016

2016 +5 (13-3 record) Giants had -2 turnover difference and lost 2 more games than Dallas; Raiders had +16 turnover difference and lost only 1 more game than Dallas
2017 -1 (9-7 record) Cincinnati had -9 turnover difference yet lost only 2 more games than Dallas; Tennessee had -4 turnover difference yet had same record as Dallas
2018 +3 (10-6 record) Pittsburgh had -11 turnover difference yet were only 1/2 game behind Dallas at 9-6-1; Philadelphia had -6 turnover difference and lost only 1 more game than Dallas
2019 -1 (8-8 record) Philadelphia had -3 turnover difference yet won the division; Buccaneers had -13 turnover difference and lost only 1 more game than Dallas
2020 -3 (6-10 record) Washington had -4 turnover difference yet won the division; Rams had -3 turnover difference yet made the playoffs

While turnovers obviously help an offense, you can't use that as an excuse for Dak's failures.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So what you are saying is that Dak needs the defense and everything else around him to be perfect, right?

What is Tom Brady's excuse? Tampa was 7-9 in 2019, he comes on board a season later and they're in the NFCCG. Did Tampa have to make everything around Tom perfect in order to have success? Nope, he's an elite QB where Dak is not.
LOL. Tom Brady came into a STACKED offense. What are you smoking. Give me some. Please

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Mmmk now do all the other quarterbacks. Now actually evaluate how Dak played in those games. Change the record, because this point is just so stupid and lazy. It's just the shortest route to try to justify the narrative that Dak isn't "elite" or whatever word you want to use.

Like honestly do you watch football? The Divisional round, entirely, was decided by who could throw the football and who couldn't. Passing offense, by miles and miles, is the most important part of a team.

"Dak is elite Dak is elite Dak is elite".....you really should seek meds to help quiet that voice in your head.

acr731

Reaction score
LOL. Tom Brady came into a STACKED offense. What are you smoking. Give me some. Please

And I would know that how? I don't follow Tampa Bay.

If I had a stash I certainly wouldn't share it.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Turnover Difference By Season Since 2016

2016 +5 (13-3 record) Giants had -2 turnover difference and lost 2 more games than Dallas; Raiders had +16 turnover difference and lost only 1 more game than Dallas
2017 -1 (9-7 record) Cincinnati had -9 turnover difference yet lost only 2 more games than Dallas; Tennessee had -4 turnover difference yet had same record as Dallas
2018 +3 (10-6 record) Pittsburgh had -11 turnover difference yet were only 1/2 game behind Dallas at 9-6-1; Philadelphia had -6 turnover difference and lost only 1 more game than Dallas
2019 -1 (8-8 record) Philadelphia had -3 turnover difference yet won the division; Buccaneers had -13 turnover difference and lost only 1 more game than Dallas
2020 -3 (6-10 record) Washington had -4 turnover difference yet won the division; Rams had -3 turnover difference yet made the playoffs

While turnovers obviously help an offense, you can't use that as an excuse for Dak's failures.

this isn’t about takeaway differential. We are ALWAYS going to have a positive takeaway differential because Dak has always had a low Int rate throughout his career. So you’re giving him a nod whether you like it or not. In our 8 losses last year we averaged .5 takeaways per game. Teams that get .5 takeaways have a low probability of winning those games. And the teams that made the playoffs the last ten seasons were for the most part among the best in takeaways.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And I would know that how? I don't follow Tampa Bay.

If I had a stash I certainly wouldn't share it.
Then why come in here and say what you said with no knowledge of what you're talking about? Brady walked into one of the most offensively stacked rosters in the NFL and you're sitting here talking like hes playing with no one. lol.

ondaedg

Reaction score

Dak had 4900yds 33td 11ints and he sucked last year? And we had the worst defense in Cowboys history and he was averaging over 400yds/game and it’s his fault we started 1-3? Ok at this point it’s clear that no matter how much fact there is that you will choose to ignore it to push your personal vendetta. Buh bye.
:thumbup:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
this isn’t about takeaway differential. We are ALWAYS going to have a positive takeaway differential because Dak has always had a low Int rate throughout his career. So you’re giving him a nod whether you like it or not. In our 8 losses last year we averaged .5 takeaways per game. Teams that get .5 takeaways have a low probability of winning those games. And the teams that made the playoffs the last ten seasons were for the most part among the best in takeaways.

....and in 2019 the Dak led offense averaged 17 points scored in their 8 losses (and before blaming the defense they gave up an average of 23 points in those losses)......and in those 8 losses Dak averaged 315 yards passing while compiling 8 TD's and 7 INT's......so basically he compiled a lot of passing yards between the 20's yet couldn't finish the job.....so is yards compiled more important or finishing the job?

An interesting stat from 2019 and 2020:

When Dak passes for MORE than 300 yards in a game, the Dallas Cowboys record is 4-6......also of note is that from 2016 thru 2018, Dak has only surpassed 300 yards passing in 5 games and in those games Dallas went 5-0.....so in other words Dak has thrown for over 300 yards twice as much in the last 21 games than he did in the 48 games prior yet has a losing record in those games recently.

Moral of the story: Dak's excessive passing yards may help him land an expensive new contract but they do not equate to Dallas wins.

acr731

Reaction score
Then why come in here and say what you said with no knowledge of what you're talking about? Brady walked into one of the most offensively stacked rosters in the NFL and you're sitting here talking like hes playing with no one. lol.

He did? Then explain 7-9 the season before his arrival.