Twitter: Dak Prescott is one of the most high flying passers in the game

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why Dak homers are so enamored with his personal stats.

A little honesty here - I think Dak is a decent QB. Nowhere close to elite, but decent. I wouldn't care if he only threw for 150 yards a game if the team was consistently winning. I'm not amazed by QB's who throw for 350 to 400 yards a game (which Dak doesn't do, just so you know) and the team still finishes 6-10, or 8-8. Empty stats that don't look good for anyone other than the person who cares more about stats than winning.
I'm not enamored with his stats. But passing is really all that matters in the NFL so yes, quarterback stats matter. They don't tell the whole story.

But I don't know how you say stupid things like "nowhere close to elite, but decent" and not think about his stats. If you think he's decent, then you'd say he's something like the 15th-best quarterback? Name 14 you think are better. Guarantee there's guys on there who don't win games.

QB wins and the context you're putting Dak in is just really, really ignorant of the rest of the league.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm not enamored with his stats. But passing is really all that matters in the NFL so yes, quarterback stats matter. They don't tell the whole story.

But I don't know how you say stupid things like "nowhere close to elite, but decent" and not think about his stats. If you think he's decent, then you'd say he's something like the 15th-best quarterback? Name 14 you think are better. Guarantee there's guys on there who don't win games.

QB wins and the context you're putting Dak in is just really, really ignorant of the rest of the league.

You should go back and watch a few of his performances from 2018 before Cooper was signed and most of 2019. Do that and then come back and try to convince me or anyone else how elite he is.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You should go back and watch a few of his performances from 2018 before Cooper was signed and most of 2019. Do that and then come back and try to convince me or anyone else how elite he is.
Every quarterback needs WRs. That's the way it works.

Go ahead and make your list of all the quarterbacks who are better, and then apply the same standards.

acr731

Reaction score
Every quarterback needs WRs. That's the way it works.

Go ahead and make your list of all the quarterbacks who are better, and then apply the same standards.

What's his excuse for 2019 when he had a mostly healthy roster? Oh, he just needed better receivers.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What's his excuse for 2019 when he had a mostly healthy roster? Oh, he just needed better receivers.
He was outstanding in 2019...that's what the whole thread is about lol. He was the only QB in the league to be top-5 in on target % and average air yards.

Go on and give me your list. Put it in writing all the quarterbacks you think are better than Dak if he's just "decent."

USArmyVet

Reaction score
They both stink lol. They got stomped in the playoffs because they can't throw the ball.

No, it proves you don't know what you're talking about. I don't give two craps if the Texans sign Watson or not. But it matters when talking about how you build your roster. You can't ignore what other teams do and then say things like, "I'd trade Dak for Andy Dalton and Justin Simmons" and act like you have any credibility.

Yeah, you are such the knowledgeable guy to say TN and BALT stinks:

Team Records Since 2017

Baltimore 44 Wins 20 Losses .688 Win % 4 Playoff Games 1 Win 3 Losses

Tennessee 38 Wins 26 Losses .594 Win % 6 Playoff Games 3 Wins 3 Losses 1 Championship Game Appearance

Dallas 33 Wins 31 Losses .516 Win % 2 Playoff Games 1 Win 1 Loss

So in the last 4 years I can see how any member of this forum can point to TN or BALT and say they stink as a way to show off their wealth of knowledge.

acr731

Reaction score
He was outstanding in 2019...that's what the whole thread is about lol. He was the only QB in the league to be top-5 in on target % and average air yards.

Go on and give me your list. Put it in writing all the quarterbacks you think are better than Dak if he's just "decent."

He was outstanding in 2019? I'm sure the Jets were just in awe of his overpowering performance when they played. Buffalo, Minnesota and Chicago thought the same.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

He led Dallas to an 8-8 record and failed to shown up in pivotal games against NE, NO, and Philly......not to mention the Jets......and yet in your mind he was "outstanding"????? Oh, well Winston passed for over 5,000 yards so I guess that made him outstanding too.

Vandyr

Reaction score
He was outstanding in 2019? I'm sure the Jets were just in awe of his overpowering performance when they played. Buffalo, Minnesota and Chicago thought the same.

yea...he was only "outstanding" against bottom of the barrel teams. Wasn't that the year that like 80% of his touchdowns came against Washington and New York?

acr731

Reaction score
yea...he was only "outstanding" against bottom of the barrel teams. Wasn't that the year that like 80% of his touchdowns came against Washington and New York?

Yep, something like that.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, you are such the knowledgeable guy to say TN and BALT stinks:

Team Records Since 2017

Baltimore 44 Wins 20 Losses .688 Win % 4 Playoff Games 1 Win 3 Losses

Tennessee 38 Wins 26 Losses .594 Win % 6 Playoff Games 3 Wins 3 Losses 1 Championship Game Appearance

Dallas 33 Wins 31 Losses .516 Win % 2 Playoff Games 1 Win 1 Loss

So in the last 4 years I can see how any member of this forum can point to TN or BALT and say they stink as a way to show off their wealth of knowledge.
BECAUSE THEY CAN'T WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T THROW THE BALL

It's so obvious. I don't care if they go 16-0 in the regular season. You have no chance of winning a Super Bowl if you can't throw it. They both stink.

Those goal posts are swinging by the way. Interesting how you care what other teams around the league are doing now.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
OK NOW DO EVERY QUARTERBACK

Something like 22 teams in the NFL are terrible. Every QB puts up those numbers against bad teams.

Are you too stupid or lazy to contextualize your argument?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak also has one of the best WR cores in the game. ...... one of the best OLs in the game.........best running backs in the game. It would be a sad testament if he didn't look good on the stat page.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Ummm....but when the defense last season holds opposing offenses to an average of 20.06 points/game while the offense averages 27.125 points/game in 2019 and yet the team still goes 8-8.....you have to stop blaming the defense and ask why Dak couldn't lead the offense to more than 10 points against the Saints, 9 points against NE, and 9 points against the Eagles.

Our defense had 4 takeaways in 8 losses. Statistically we had less than a 20% chance to win those games if all else was equal. The Chiefs for example average almost 2 takeaways/win since 2015. You can’t argue with facts no matter what personal opinions you throw out there.

acr731

Reaction score
Our defense had 4 takeaways in 8 losses. Statistically we had less than a 20% chance to win those games if all else was equal. The Chiefs for example average almost 2 takeaways/win since 2015. You can’t argue with facts no matter what personal opinions you throw out there.

So its strictly on the defense for the 8-8 season. If you say so.......

I'll give the defense the brunt of the blame for 2020 but not so much for 2019.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dak also has one of the best WR cores in the game. ...... one of the best OLs in the game.........best running backs in the game. It would be a sad testament if he didn't look good on the stat page.

So does Mahomes so not sure what the point of that is. Are you saying Montana would have sucked if he didn’t have Rice? Is Marino overrated because he had great receivers? What about Elway and the Three Amigos?

The argument the qb was only good because of everyone else is lazy.

ondaedg

Reaction score
So its strictly on the defense for the 8-8 season. If you say so.......

4 takeaways in 8 games is telling the offense that the only way we’re going to win is if you’re perfect. All you have to do is look up the average takeaway/giveaway s per win/loss and it is painfully obvious that our defense was a massive liability.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Can't wait till next season seeing Dak again. Had enough of Dalton.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
BECAUSE THEY CAN'T WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T THROW THE BALL

It's so obvious. I don't care if they go 16-0 in the regular season. You have no chance of winning a Super Bowl if you can't throw it. They both stink.

Those goal posts are swinging by the way. Interesting how you care what other teams around the league are doing now.

Well you and others tout how great a passer Dak is.....how has that helped the team in the playoffs: 1 Win 2 Losses That in 5 years....yeah I can see that logic.