Twitter: Dak Prescott is one of the most high flying passers in the game

Nav22

Reaction score
Its a Championship so certainly you need a team playing well as a whole.
If Brad Johnson was a top 10 QB, Dak is certainly one now. Give Dak the 2002 Buccaneers defense and he could easily win a ring.

Roethlisberger wasn’t top 10 when he first won a Super Bowl.

Nick Foles can’t even hold onto a starting job. If he was “top 10” during his playoff run, there’s no reason why Dak can’t play at that level with a great team around him as well.

So that’s what, 40-45% of Super Bowl winners since 2000 that were led by non-elite QBs? I rest my case.

That also doesn’t even account for all the near-winners, guys like Jimmy Garoppolo, Jake Delhomme or Colin Kaepernick who were a whisker away from being champions. Their teams didn’t come up short simply because they weren’t good enough QBs.

And how “elite” did Brady play when he put up a measly 13 points in his most recent Super Bowl win? Was Russell Wilson “elite” back when he won his ring with an all-time great defense and Marshawn Lynch running wild?

Your entire premise also relies on Dak being what you call an “average QB.” Dak is much better than average. He’s played very well in the playoffs too, even when the defense and run game don’t show up.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Oh look, you name call as a way to deflect emotions from being hurt with those that criticize your precious Dak.
Softest “Army Vet” ever. I hope you were just a nurse or something.
:lmao2:

DaveRowe

Reaction score
Most fans don't understand the difference between good QB play and posting stats. We live in a Fantasy Football era now. Most fans don't want to hear that stats are not the most important thing when it comes to being a good QB in the NFL. They also don't want to hear that they don't understand. It is what it is.

I concur 100%.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No, you are downplaying those QB's play to justify your case.

Their teams didn’t come up short simply because they weren’t good enough QBs. Yes, that is exactly the difference between winning & losing most SB's.

And how “elite” did Brady play when he put up a measly 13 points in his most recent Super Bowl win? Was Russell Wilson “elite” back when he won his ring with an all-time great defense and Marshawn Lynch running wild? They are elite talents who made the plays they needed to make and avoided the mistakes lesser QB's would have made.

Your entire premise also relies on Dak being what you call an “average QB.” Dak is much better than average.
The second tier of QB's are what an average NFL QB is\should be. Sometimes there is a group between the elite & the average that is the above average group but Dak hasn't done anything to separate himself from the average group and edge toward elite.

good discussion.

ondaedg

Reaction score
He did? Then explain 7-9 the season before his arrival.
You don’t give up a top 12 QB either.

Top 12 QBs can win a Super Bowl with the right pieces around them. It’s been proven over and over and over again in this league.

Incidentally, it’s also been proven that the most elite QBs ALSO need a great team around them to win a Super Bowl. So there’s that.

Exactly. Think about the stacked teams that Montana, Bradshaw, Peyton Manning and Elway had. None of those fan bases would ever consider criticizing Montana that he needed Jerry Rice or Dwight Clark to be successful. Or Bradshaw should have been cut because he couldn't carry that team without The Steel Curtain.

Then there's the lower talent guys like Plunkett, Rypien, McMahon, Williams, Flacco, Hostetler and Dilfer who won super bowls with help from great running games or dominant defenses. Heck Russell Wilson's 2014 super bowl was mostly because of the legion of boom and a Seahawks D that held their opponents to less than 16 pts per game which is absolutely incredible for post modern era defenses.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You’re a loser who’s accomplished nothing else in his life. We’ve already established that, remember?

I have zero issue with insulting a loser like you. Glomming onto the 1 non-loser thing you did in your joke of a life.

I’d have the same level of respect for someone with the username “6thGradeSpellingBeeChamp.”
:thumbup:

Now I get it.....all those years of being picked last in kickball, girls turning you down, and wearing a peanut shell as a jockstrap in high gym has really damaged you man.

Nav22

Reaction score
Now I get it.....all those years of being picked last in kickball, girls turning you down, and wearing a peanut shell as a jockstrap in high gym has really damaged you man.
Says the admitted lifelong loser who acknowledged accomplishing nothing else in his life.

I’ve clearly struck a nerve.
:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I concur 100%.

Great stats, when taken in its entirety, usually equates to good QB play. When a guy throws for 500 yards and 4 TD's and 1 pick or no picks, sorry, thats great QB play.

When the guy is tearing up the NFL with the passing game, that's great QB play. However, most of the time, they have to do that because the defense sucks and they have to keep up.

So what is great QB play? Throwing for 200 yards and 2 TD's and winning because your defense held them to 10 points?

You Dak trolls simply dont understand football.

Dak has had average stats and the team has gone 13-3 and Dak has had amazing stats and the team has gone 8-8. Its a team game. Until you trolls figure out that the QB doenst play defense, you will always get these things dead wrong. Like all of you did with Dak.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
good grief give me a break, dak isn't on here and you don't have to blow smoke his butt to get a date with him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NAME CALLING WAS REQUESTED TO STOP SEVERAL PAGES AGO.
QUICK WAY TO KILL THIS THREAD IS TO CONTINUE.
PLEASE COMPLY WITH THE REQUEST.

THANK YOU

jjktkk

Reaction score
Can you see that stats are a method to evaluate his talent at the position? His wins/losses since he entered the league are another.
Aren't "wins/losses" the most important stat? Jmo, but todays social media has really made overanalyzing stats the norm. Whatever happened to passing the eye test and the "it" factor?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Great stats, when taken in its entirety, usually equates to good QB play. When a guy throws for 500 yards and 4 TD's and 1 pick or no picks, sorry, thats great QB play.

When the guy is tearing up the NFL with the passing game, that's great QB play. However, most of the time, they have to do that because the defense sucks and they have to keep up.

So what is great QB play? Throwing for 200 yards and 2 TD's and winning because your defense held them to 10 points?

You Dak trolls simply dont understand football.

Dak has had average stats and the team has gone 13-3 and Dak has had amazing stats and the team has gone 8-8. Its a team game. Until you trolls figure out that the QB doenst play defense, you will always get these things dead wrong. Like all of you did with Dak.

Wouldn't you agree though that the team performed better when Dak wasn't throwing so much? In 2016 they drafted Zeke #4 overall and had a quality offensive line so Dak didn't throw as much....and the team went 13-3. However, After the 2017 season Dak was throwing an excessive amount and the team success diminished. While of course the defense needs improving in 2019 they held opponents to an average of 21 points a game while the offense averaged 27 points a game. Clearly something is amiss with this team where they trade a #1 for WR Cooper and draft a WR in the 1st round last year. The team has gone pass happy and it simply is not working in terms of team wins. While individual stats for guys like Dak, Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, and Schultz may look good.....ultimately they mean nothing if the team does not get into the playoffs.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I don't know why the Anti-Dak folks think this is such a zinger.

It's true for every single quarterback.
Its simple imo.. Dak is simply not talented enough to paid in the same ballpark as Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, etc... Blaming Dak's contract demands to be paid as the one of the highest NFL QBs because that is what the market bears for NFL QBs , seems disingenuous. i would seriously question Dak's talent if he was to be paid as one of the elite QBs. Does Dak make his teammates better? Is Dak talented enough to put his team on his back to win games? Playoff games? If Dak was to be paid in the same ballpark as ,say Mahomes, I would expect similar Ws and Ls. These are the questions I would ask if Dak was paidi like an elite QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wouldn't you agree though that the team performed better when Dak wasn't throwing so much? In 2016 they drafted Zeke #4 overall and had a quality offensive line so Dak didn't throw as much....and the team went 13-3. However, After the 2017 season Dak was throwing an excessive amount and the team success diminished. While of course the defense needs improving in 2019 they held opponents to an average of 21 points a game while the offense averaged 27 points a game. Clearly something is amiss with this team where they trade a #1 for WR Cooper and draft a WR in the 1st round last year. The team has gone pass happy and it simply is not working in terms of team wins. While individual stats for guys like Dak, Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, and Schultz may look good.....ultimately they mean nothing if the team does not get into the playoffs.

The team AROUND Dak was better in 2016 so Dak didnt have to throw as much. And the line was soooo good that we could just pound it with Zeke and have success. With the line diminishing the line is no longer as effective and Zeke is exposed. And the defense continue to get worse. So those two factors forces the offense to throw the ball much more.

So the lack of success has nothing to do with Dak throwing, its just a cause and affect situation.

But on the flip side, to have a QB in his prime that has matured to the point where he can throw for 400 yards and 3 or 4 TD's on a regular basis and carry the offense if need be is a great thing to have. If the defense ever improves to the point it can be legitimate top 10 we will have one hell of a team on our hands.

And it appears that the offense with Dak and the passing game can work great without a potent run game and a diminished Oline. Great developments. Now more resources can be spent on the defense as we now have a QB that can carry an offense.

Stats dont mean much in talking about the team, if the team loses. But stats matter when figuring out WHY the team is losing and how good a player is. Its abundantly clear that the Cowboys TEAM being mediocre or bad has NOTHING to do with Dak as he is doing his job incredibly. As HIS statistics and that of the offense show.

OFFENSE is great, DEFENSE sucks. Simple analysis and the STATISTICS show that without a doubt.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Its simple imo.. Dak is simply not talented enough to paid in the same ballpark as Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, etc... Blaming Dak's contract demands to be paid as the one of the highest NFL QBs because that is what the market bears for NFL QBs , seems disingenuous. i would seriously question Dak's talent if he was to be paid as one of the elite QBs. Does Dak make his teammates better? Is Dak talented enough to put his team on his back to win games? Playoff games? If Dak was to be paid in the same ballpark as ,say Mahomes, I would expect similar Ws and Ls. These are the questions I would ask if Dak was paidi like an elite QB.

This type of post right here shows a complete lack of understanding of football and QB play.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The team AROUND Dak was better in 2016 so Dak didnt have to throw as much. And the line was soooo good that we could just pound it with Zeke and have success. With the line diminishing the line is no longer as effective and Zeke is exposed. And the defense continue to get worse. So those two factors forces the offense to throw the ball much more.

So the lack of success has nothing to do with Dak throwing, its just a cause and affect situation.

But on the flip side, to have a QB in his prime that has matured to the point where he can throw for 400 yards and 3 or 4 TD's on a regular basis and carry the offense if need be is a great thing to have. If the defense ever improves to the point it can be legitimate top 10 we will have one hell of a team on our hands.

And it appears that the offense with Dak and the passing game can work great without a potent run game and a diminished Oline. Great developments. Now more resources can be spent on the defense as we now have a QB that can carry an offense.

Stats dont mean much in talking about the team, if the team loses. But stats matter when figuring out WHY the team is losing and how good a player is. Its abundantly clear that the Cowboys TEAM being mediocre or bad has NOTHING to do with Dak as he is doing his job incredibly. As HIS statistics and that of the offense show.

OFFENSE is great, DEFENSE sucks. Simple analysis and the STATISTICS show that without a doubt.

Okay, sound position to have.

That said, we all agree that the defense is woeful and needs resources in the form of both draft picks and quality free agents. However, when we look at the existing dedicated financial resources to the offense how is that possible?

Positional Players Signed for 2021 by Positional Cost

Offense $109.3M (This figure does not include Dak obviously)

QB's $2.6M 2.4%
RB's $16.2M 14.8%
FB's $1.75M 1.6%
WR's $30M 27.4%
TE's $7.9M 7.2%
OL $52.2M 47.8%

Defense $64.2M

DL $31.5M 49.1%
LB's $16.9M 26.3%
CB's/S's $15.6M 24.3%

Special Teams $6.1M

Top 10 Cap Hit Players Signed for 2021 (cap % of respective position group listed)

DE Lawrence $25M (79.4%)
WR Cooper $22M (73.3%)
OG Martin $17M (32.6%)
LT Smith $14M (26.8%)
RB Elliott $13.7M (84.6%)
RT Collins $12M (23%)
ILB Smith $9.8M (58%)
CB Brown $5.75M (36.9%)
TE Jarwin $5.25M (66.5%)
LB LVE $3.7M (21.9%)

The Dallas front office has made a purposeful effort in dedicated money heavily toward the offense and as was seen this past season, no matter how many points the offense scores that simply does not equate to wins. So what is the answer? While of course reworking some of the above contracts is an option, kicking the can down the road continues to plague this team. Also keep in mind that the likes of LVE and WR Gallup will soon be free agents and the majority of the Dallas secondary are free agents this off-season.

I know myself and many on here are not in favor of re-signing Dak to an expensive new contract. While we recognize that Dak has the ability to put up the numbers, we also recognize that dedicating even more resources toward the offense leaves thew defense with an empty cupboard. That said, we also recognize it means finding a replacement QB and committing to a major rebuild. While we all may want Dallas to win, I think we all can agree that they have not created a winning formula in years and chances are high that while JJ is in charge a major rebuild simply will not happen and we will all be relegated to *****ing and moaning to one another about the glory days of Dallas winning.

Last edited: