Dak Prescott is surgical with the game on the line

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yep, he was surgical up in Green Bay when we got the ball in OT, just freaking surgical. When the game is on the line, Dak delivers baby:thumbup:

We can all agree that the game shouldn’t have gotten to that point, but it’s bizarre to blame Dak for the offensive sputter once they got to overtime.

Refs really screwed it up there

glimmerman

Reaction score
:hammer:....yep it's when it matters that will elevate Dak into clutch status. Not saying he can't do it, and to be fair the OP should read Surgical at times.
He has done it before. Some people pick and choose. He is our QB and I am supportive. Throwing 2 picks a game and putting us behind the 8 ball needs to stop. Some players got a little lazy. On all phases. Turpin fumbles a punt and didn’t look like he tried very hard to recover it. Some of our D-Line players didn’t make plays and Offense had sloppy play.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He has done it before. Some people pick and choose. He is our QB and I am supportive. Throwing 2 picks a game and putting us behind the 8 ball needs to stop. Some players got a little lazy. On all phases. Turpin fumbles a punt and didn’t look like he tried very hard to recover it. Some of our D-Line players didn’t make plays and Offense had sloppy play.

Who says im not supportive....im not a Hater nor Dak cant Do Anything wrong. Just saying, we cant judge Dak being 'surgical' against poor defenses in mid-season. I suppose you could make an argument that the Texans game was a must win, and for that he gets applause, but lets see him do that against a top defense that actually wants to win the game.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Who says im not supportive....im not a Hater nor Dak cant Do Anything wrong. Just saying, we cant judge Dak being 'surgical' against poor defenses in mid-season. I suppose you could make an argument that the Texans game was a must win, and for that he gets applause, but lets see him do that against a top defense that actually wants to win the game.
If Daks skills, consistency, and reliability could be translated into being an actual surgeon.

Would you go to him for a procedure? Would anybody?

foofighters

Reaction score
Dak was surgical. Refs stole it from the Cowboys once again against Green Bay. You saw the game.
Nope. That's the wrong outlook. The team had that view last year because MM was running his mouth about it (refs). That kind of view allows you to make excuses in advance for your own failures.

In the end, winners win and losers make excuses. We should never have put ourselves in that position to begin with.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
The game is always on the line

it was on the line on Sunday when he threw the pick from his own end zone.

that pick would have lost the game 99 times out of 100
What qb at any level is accurate when his throwing arm gets hit mid throw?

Those who liked this comment are welcome to answer as well...

McKDaddy

Reaction score
What qb at any level is accurate when his throwing arm gets hit mid throw?

Those who liked this comment are welcome to answer as well...

I didn't see the second half til Monday night so I had a general idea of what had happened before seeing. No argument about getting hit. But I don't understand trying to go to Schultz with the ball there anyway. They had bracket coverage on him. Maybe a really good pass threads the needle but I think it was a dangerous attempt even if the pocket was clean.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Don't disagree with you at all.

Question becomes what do you do with a highly paid QB who doesn't win the Super Bowl for you? Isn't the idea of playing in the NFL "to win the big one"?

Dak is a good QB no question, just as good Romo was IMO. Thing is, in 6 years, Romo was 2-4 in the playoffs and Dak is at 1-3.

Um Romo's career was 13 years not 6. He came to Dallas in 2003 as a UDFA and became the starter in 2006. So he even had 10 years as the starter not 6. In his first 6 years Romo was 0-2 in the playoffs. Losing at Seattle in '06 and at home tot he G-men in '07. His first win came in '09 (year 7) against Philly after which they got blasted at Minny to fall to 1-3. Where he stayed until going 1-1 in 2014 - which was year 11.

shabazz

Reaction score
He does.,,inconsitently. Can he duplicate it against the Niners and Eagles?....i hope so if we can stay that close in score

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Thing is, in 6 years, Romo was 2-4 in the playoffs and Dak is at 1-3.
This got me thinking. What's a very easy way to determine how many playoffs the Cowboys have been to in the last 26 years? Simply add up the number of playoff losses. :mad:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Um Romo's career was 13 years not 6. He came to Dallas in 2003 as a UDFA and became the starter in 2006. So he even had 10 years as the starter not 6. In his first 6 years Romo was 0-2 in the playoffs. Losing at Seattle in '06 and at home tot he G-men in '07. His first win came in '09 (year 7) against Philly after which they got blasted at Minny to fall to 1-3. Where he stayed until going 1-1 in 2014 - which was year 11.
Just have to agree that neither Romo nor Dak has been clutch in the play-offs. Differentiating between number of years is hardly relevant....both have failed. Arguing about the number of attempts hardly elevates Dak's achievements.