Dak Prescott is surgical with the game on the line

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I didn't see the second half til Monday night so I had a general idea of what had happened before seeing. No argument about getting hit. But I don't understand trying to go to Schultz with the ball there anyway. They had bracket coverage on him. Maybe a really good pass threads the needle but I think it was a dangerous attempt even if the pocket was clean.
Honestly we may never know if he could've made that throw to Schultz or not. Dak only had time for 1 read.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Just have to agree that neither Romo nor Dak has been clutch in the play-offs. Differentiating between number of years is hardly relevant....both have failed. Arguing about the number of attempts hardly elevates Dak's achievements.

Okay if the numbers are not relevant why bring them into the argument? Romo played 13 years.. won two playoff games. That means we have 6 more years to determine if Dak has more, less of the same playoff success before we can bring the numbers into the argument. I will say this.. I think if the Cowboys can get rid of Moore somehow Dak will be in a much better situation coaching wise than Romo ever was. I think Garrett was the problem for Romo and Moore is the current problem for Dak. Romo didn't have any real playoff success until he took the reins from Garrett on the field.. I fear Dak will have to do the same or Moore will be a boat anchor for his playoff success. Because Moore has yet to show he can consistently match wits with better defensive coordinators. So unless Dak does it, it won't get done.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Honestly we may never know if he could've made that throw to Schultz or not. Dak only had time for 1 read.

The other point of interest is that Dak had zinged several throws in to Schultz against that coverage during the game. Including the one Schultz dropped in the end zone. I have confidence in Dak firing that ball in there to Schultz and I have confidence that unlike Gallup and Lamb Schultz is not going to allow the defender to outfight him for that inside position. Now if we could just get him to always catch the ball..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Who says im not supportive....im not a Hater nor Dak cant Do Anything wrong. Just saying, we cant judge Dak being 'surgical' against poor defenses in mid-season. I suppose you could make an argument that the Texans game was a must win, and for that he gets applause, but lets see him do that against a top defense that actually wants to win the game.
Calm down. I was NOT talking about you. I should have been more specific. I wasn’t wanting to name names. Just saying for some on here he could have the best game of his life and there would be excuses or reasons why and he still sucks. They almost root for something to go wrong or him to do bad so they can talk about it. I think they are trolls and not actual Cowboys fans. If he does bad I will give him his blame. If he does good he deserves credit. I always try to remember it’s a team game…

Also have to remember whatever the record is dont matter. We are every teams Super Bowl. They had a really good game plan for us. And we turned it over multiple times. The team had a must win drive in order to win the game. We beat the colts down and egirls had to have the same type of drive to win in the last seconds. Any given Sunday.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Okay if the numbers are not relevant why bring them into the argument? Romo played 13 years.. won two playoff games. That means we have 6 more years to determine if Dak has more, less of the same playoff success before we can bring the numbers into the argument. I will say this.. I think if the Cowboys can get rid of Moore somehow Dak will be in a much better situation coaching wise than Romo ever was. I think Garrett was the problem for Romo and Moore is the current problem for Dak. Romo didn't have any real playoff success until he took the reins from Garrett on the field.. I fear Dak will have to do the same or Moore will be a boat anchor for his playoff success. Because Moore has yet to show he can consistently match wits with better defensive coordinators. So unless Dak does it, it won't get done.
Again, who cares about making comparisons to Romo. It's a sad argument if Romo's your benchmark.
You say Moore's to blame...I can agree with that, but a lot of that is attributed to not accepting we need to run (and that's not that idiotic excuse of plays on the Texans line) and dialling up plays that doesn't suit his QB (slant /digs...as Stanback keeps pointing out, Dak throws to the wrong shoulder on many of these plays).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't watch other NFL games, but in my mind Dak is having a better season than Wilson, Watson, Goff, Wentz, Stafford, Murray, Rodgers, and Carr.
Goff is easily having a better year than Dak.

Watson has only played two games. Can't really argue with the rest, except Rodgers who is about the same (though with far less talent around him).

glimmerman

Reaction score
Um Romo's career was 13 years not 6. He came to Dallas in 2003 as a UDFA and became the starter in 2006. So he even had 10 years as the starter not 6. In his first 6 years Romo was 0-2 in the playoffs. Losing at Seattle in '06 and at home tot he G-men in '07. His first win came in '09 (year 7) against Philly after which they got blasted at Minny to fall to 1-3. Where he stayed until going 1-1 in 2014 - which was year 11.
Some forget things. We played poorly Sunday and almost lost the game. Fumbled punt killed momentum, we were stuffed on the goal line and threw 2 picks, one was from deep in our own territory but at the end Defense made a great stand and Offense made a good drive to win. I want to see how they do this Sunday. Will they be more focused or looking forward to the next game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The game is always on the line

it was on the line on Sunday when he threw the pick from his own end zone.

that pick would have lost the game 99 times out of 100
Exactly. Too many succumb to recency bias and think the end of the game counts for more than the rest of the game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The other point of interest is that Dak had zinged several throws in to Schultz against that coverage during the game. Including the one Schultz dropped in the end zone. I have confidence in Dak firing that ball in there to Schultz and I have confidence that unlike Gallup and Lamb Schultz is not going to allow the defender to outfight him for that inside position. Now if we could just get him to always catch the ball..
Was that drop from Shultz in this game or last game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Was that drop from Shultz in this game or last game.

Both.. He had one TD drop in each of the last two games. One off the fingertips against the Colts and the one that hit him in the chest with just under a minute left in the 2nd quarter where Dak put it on him and he just didn't hang on. The DB hit him to make sure he didn't but he really had already dropped it before that ...

DZSierra

Reaction score
This got me thinking. What's a very easy way to determine how many playoffs the Cowboys have been to in the last 26 years? Simply add up the number of playoff losses. :mad:

A QB is a very important role, but it's a TEAM game. Brady may be the GOAT of all time due to his SB wins, but the reality is he wouldn't of had those wins if it were not for his teammates.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You barely joined the board last year. Are you a Cowboys fan or fan of another team? By your remarks, sounds like your an opposing teams fan.

The BEST joy in life is being able to be fans of multiple teams and not let their wins or losses determine your outlook in life:D

Football is only game we as fans watch for enjoyment IMO.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The BEST joy in life is being able to be fans of multiple teams and not let their wins or losses determine your outlook in life:D

Football is only game we as fans watch for enjoyment IMO.
True fans follow only their 1 team, not others. That's at any level in sports. Of course, sports is merely entertainment.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Both.. He had one TD drop in each of the last two games. One off the fingertips against the Colts and the one that hit him in the chest with just under a minute left in the 2nd quarter where Dak put it on him and he just didn't hang on. The DB hit him to make sure he didn't but he really had already dropped it before that ...
He maybe needs to try one of the other TE,s to see if they can hang on to it.