Dak Prescott is top 10 in at NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Self aggrandizement.
we demonstrated you do not understand what aggregate stats are versus efficiency stats based on you arguing as if the OP was aggregate stats as opposed to efficiency stats.

The length of how long something runs is not relevant when talking about efficiency specifically it only matters in aggregate.

So what do we not understand? I won't hold my breath.

mcmvp

Reaction score
no you don't , if you want to get a true assessment of an individual/team performance, you have to look past the raw numbers. just take the L
Well, we will have to agree to disagree on that. I don’t believe there is any L to take. All these NexGEN stats, or whatever, are just paralysis by analysis.

The game is about scoring more points than your opponent in order to win the game. Everybody realizes that there are factors that influence how many points are scored or allowed. I feel any attempt to look beyond the basics is just an attempt to rationalize an ill-advised preconceived opinion as factual.

I’m not saying that there is no room for analytics in football… I am saying that they can be overused. Sometimes you just have to be able to ‘see’ what’s right in front of you… and not look for something that you ‘want’ to see

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LAY OFF THE INSULTS. I’ve deleted a ton of insult laden responses. If you’ve made your point and someone disagrees over and over just stop. If you get mad at someone, move to another thread.

Dre11

Reaction score
Well, we will have to agree to disagree on that. I don’t believe there is any L to take. All these NexGEN stats, or whatever, are just paralysis by analysis.

The game is about scoring more points than your opponent in order to win the game. Everybody realizes that there are factors that influence how many points are scored or allowed. I feel any attempt to look beyond the basics is just an attempt to rationalize an ill-advised preconceived opinion as factual.

I’m not saying that there is no room for analytics in football… I am saying that they can be overused. Sometimes you just have to be able to ‘see’ what’s right in front of you… and not look for something that you ‘want’ to see
then you don't understand team sports, nothing is as basic as that in sports.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I just did a quick Peyton Manning search, his first 6 season, he's had more 500+ pass attempt seasons than Dak first 6 seasons.
it depends on when and who you consider his contemporaries
PM was League MVP year 6 and 7. Seems Dak is on a different trajectory but somehow folks think they should be compared. Losing to the goat in multiple championship games is tough but at least it wasn't the wild card against Brock Purdy

mcmvp

Reaction score
then you don't understand team sports, nothing is as basic as that in sports.
I am pretty sure that after watching 50 years of football, I have a little inkling of what I’m looking at. I’m not here to change your mind…and you’re not going to change mine. We will have to agree to disagree as I said…So you can feel free to move on with someone else

Dre11

Reaction score
PM was League MVP year 6 and 7. Seems Dak is on a different trajectory but somehow folks think they should be compared. Losing to the goat in multiple championship games is tough but at least it wasn't the wild card against Brock Purdy
right on Brand and off topic , whose talking about mvp. it just shows the passing attempts , try comprehending and stay on topic

Dre11

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that after watching 50 years of football, I have a little inkling of what I’m looking at. I’m not here to change your mind…and you’re not going to change mine. We will have to agree to disagree as I said…So you can feel free to move on with someone else
watching 50 years mean nothing. you obviously haven't learned a thing about team sports with the comments you made in this thread, or you're trolling

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
right on Brand and off topic , whose talking about mvp. it just shows the passing attempts , try comprehending and stay on topic
Championship games against Brady. He lost to the Goat multiple times. Rogers and Brady have the first row in Jerry world reserved for the family they have won so many games there. Kyler Murray has his own booth. Dak is losing to Mr irrelevant in the play in game. On topic and full comprehension. Who cares about attempts and which way the wind was blowing. Stattwisters for Statscott. Cool group. Next?

kskboys

Reaction score
we demonstrated you do not understand what aggregate stats are versus efficiency stats based on you arguing as if the OP was aggregate stats as opposed to efficiency stats.

The length of how long something runs is not relevant when talking about efficiency specifically it only matters in aggregate.

So what do we not understand? I won't hold my breath.
What point you're trying to make.

Gator88

Reaction score
Like hell he would. Aikman probably wins the Super Bowl with that team.
:lmao:Yes as we all know, Aikman had a ton of success when he didn't have the stacked teams Jimmy built.

He would have been able to beat the Giants, the Packers, and the undefeated Pats with a mediocre defense and gimpy top 2 receivers.

kskboys

Reaction score
:lmao:Yes as we all know, Aikman had a ton of success when he didn't have the stacked teams Jimmy built.

He would have been able to beat the Giants, the Packers, and the undefeated Pats with a mediocre defense and gimpy top 2 receivers.
The D in 07 was 9th in the NFL.

Hard to say, does Wade grow a set and unleash the pass rush, or does he curl up in his usual fetal position in big moments?

Legend

Reaction score

If the Wild Card Giants could; prime Aikman and the 2007 Cowboys with their 13 pro bowlers would.

Aikman knew how to get the lead with an efficient passing game and allow the running game to ball control and run clock. The Cowboys had a pro bowl RB and 3 pro bowlers on the OL. The Cowboys also had a first team all pro WR and TE.

Tons of offensive and defensive weapons in 2007.

Romo was a Favre type QB (gunslinger) and Aikman defeated Favre three times in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Gator88

Reaction score
The D in 07 was 9th in the NFL.

Hard to say, does Wade grow a set and unleash the pass rush, or does he curl up in his usual fetal position in big moments?
They were 13th in points against, and 14th in points against per drive.

If the Wild Card Giants could; prime Aikman and the 2007 Cowboys with their 13 pro bowlers would.

Aikman knew how to get the lead with an efficient passing game and allow the running game to ball control and run clock. The Cowboys had a pro bowl RB and 3 pro bowlers on the OL. The Cowboys also had a first team all pro WR and TE.

Tons of offensive and defensive weapons in 2007.

Romo was a Favre type QB (gunslinger) and Aikman defeated Favre three times in the playoffs.
The wild card Giants had a defense that stepped up in the playoffs, Romo never had that.

The defense was mediocre in 2007 even with all of the pro bowlers, and the most deadly offensive weapons were injured in the playoffs.

Romo being a gunslinger didn't cause any issues this game as his only turnover was a hail mary type throw for the end zone on 4th down with minimal time remaining.

The oline didn't seem to help when Romo was getting knocked down on a significant portion of his pass attempts in the second half. Aikman didn't have Romo's elusiveness so I wonder how that would have gone.

It's possible Aikman beats the Giants, Romo would have if his only healthy receiver didn't quit on the second to last play of the game. I think either QB would have likely beat the Packers as well, but neither QB was beating the Pats.

Legend

Reaction score
They were 13th in points against, and 14th in points against per drive.

The wild card Giants had a defense that stepped up in the playoffs, Romo never had that.

The defense was mediocre in 2007 even with all of the pro bowlers, and the most deadly offensive weapons were injured in the playoffs.

Romo being a gunslinger didn't cause any issues this game as his only turnover was a hail mary type throw for the end zone on 4th down with minimal time remaining.

It's possible Aikman beats the Giants, Romo would have if his only healthy receiver didn't quit on the second to last play of the game. I think either QB would have likely beat the Packers as well, but neither QB was beating the Pats.
That is a difference between prime Aikman and prime Romo/Dak.

Prime Aikman during the 3 SBs in 4 years did not lose to wild card teams; regardless of their regular season offensive and defensive rankings.

The Wild Card Giants in the 2007 divisional playoff round would have been a routine victory for Aikman and the Cowboys.

It is hard for Romo and Dak fans to understand this since winning divisional playoff games are currently insurmountable tasks (for Romo and currently for Dak).

Dre11

Reaction score
Championship games against Brady. He lost to the Goat multiple times. Rogers and Brady have the first row in Jerry world reserved for the family they have won so many games there. Kyler Murray has his own booth. Dak is losing to Mr irrelevant in the play in game. On topic and full comprehension. Who cares about attempts and which way the wind was blowing. Stattwisters for Statscott. Cool group. Next?
Again stay on topic, start another thread, this thread isn't about who this one and that one lost to. If you didn't have anything on the topic, you should just sit it out.