Dak Prescott is top 10 in at NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating

Legend

Reaction score
actually if you read it you know i win this debate

see that's what true haters do they don't wanna read a real valid point Because nothings going to change their mind there’s a whole fax FACTS and now I’m providing you with what our precious Super Bowl winning quarterback have done in the playoffs as well as a regular season nothing change we see the relationship of the touchdown to interception ratio from the regular season to the playoffs didn’t change much they all made a lot of critical mistakes and get their teams overcame it that’s why the team is important and that’s why you need to get off DAKs short in Curly’s... he's clearly going through the same thing TR9 went through, yet you seem to be on a tony romo crusade, who i luv ,but Daks not getting the same support.. that's the very definition of a hater...

roger

td 153-109 ints Playoffs 24td 19INTs(umm none of those critical LMAO) UMM OK

Troy-

165-141 playoffs 23tds-17 INts(right none critical huh?) no way jimmy would have put up with that

Dwhite

155-132 playoffs 15-17 WOW no way TL puts up with mistakes at critical time LOL

Romo

248-117 playoffs 8 tds 2 INts show me the critical INts hmm his td-int ratio is much better

Dak

166-65 playoffs 11-5ints
“Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 11 games in the playoffs between the 1992 and 1995 seasons.”

He went 10-1 with 3 SBs and 1 SB MVP

The only loss during that period was in the 1994 NFC Championship game with Barry Switzer as the coach.

Romo and Dak have never won multiple playoff games in a season.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Then what do you do w/ the pts that the D didn't allow?
Look… I understand that the office can also give up points. But these are the types of things that every team faces… Just like tipped interceptions are.

For example..The Cowboys defense was probably better than what the stats show because Dak led the league in interceptions (the irony of this point does not elude me).

I get all the nuances… But sometimes you just have to look at the raw number while understanding that somethings happened to every team

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They have very similar stats....in fact romo has many better.
Ofcourse aikman has playoff edge. He also had better teams and coaches.

I dont believe in trashing one player to prop another. In fact....i dont like trashing players period. I think the only one i outright and proudly trashed eas jaylon smith.:)
Difrrrzz DT
Because ROmo has the QB stats to compete with them that's why.

Did he get the wins?

Is it a team game...or not? Does Romo get HIS chance to make critical mistake YOU say Roger and Troy also made?

Troy had a juggernaut team after his first year. And a brilliant coach. Maybe that explains SOME of the playoff success.

And I ain't gonna kid ya....Troy was a a solid...legit HoF QB that managed the game...a true leader that would even chew out a coach. All the while getting his ax bashed. A true 1st round pedigree QB.

Meanwhile Romo was walk on...and did good enough to be mentioned in the same breath....not BETTER...not at the expense of trashing Tory or Danny. Maky? Good.

Stop moving the goal posts. It clutters the board and makes it hard to converse.
So it's a team game when talking about his record but his stats are just his? He didn't play with Hall of Famers Terrell Owens and Jason Witten? he didn't play with great receivers like Dez Bryant? Terry Glenn?

And you just keep saying I'm moving the goal post because you don't like what I said. You brought up Romo's 4th quarter "accuracy" and I replied with what is his accuracy in the 4th quarters of the playoffs? Love Romo. That's fine. I'm not telling you who to root for or like. I'm just understanding the Aikman slander.

Legend

Reaction score
Unless, of course, you understand football...

Romo wins 4-5 Super Bowls with Troy's team. Troy get physically pounded into submission behind Romo's offensive lines because he could barely move even when he was young.

Romo threw much better deep balls than Troy and was more accurate.

It's all about timing with NFL careers. Troy got lucky, and Romo didn't.
Romo never won multiple playoff games in a season and only won Wild Card games.

For someone who never played in a NFC Championship game in a watered down NFL; can win 4-5 SBs playing against the great teams of the 1990s?

Brett Favre, Steve Young, John Elway, and others could not win 4-5 SBs in the 1990s.

But Romo could?

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
@mcmvp didn't want to use defensive efficiency because the Bucs ranked 7th in that category.

"DURRRR USE POINTS ALLOWED," he said. Because he's so painfully lacking in football knowledge that he doesn't know a poor offense/special teams also contributes to allowing points.

Fine, I said... EVEN IF we stuck with "points allowed," the Bucs were 13th out of 32 teams. Pretty good considering how anemic the Bucs offense was.

"DURRR BUT THE BUCS SUCKED IN GENERAL," he said.

At this point I'm just toying with the poor little guy. He's like a spider struggling to make his way out of the toilet.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That makes sense!!!!!

Bucs D was OK, their O was terrible. 24th. Brady had regressed horribly, and we pass rushed him into oblivion. Especially considering that their run game was nonexistent. 32nd in the NFL.

The Bucs D wasn't too bad, and Brady made it look worse w/ the lack of ability to move the ball consistently. TB, BTW was 25th in points scored on O. They were 4-2 in a horrific division, and were 4-7 outside of it. Just a bad team in an even worse division.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Difrrrzz DT

So it's a team game when talking about his record but his stats are just his? He didn't play with Hall of Famers Terrell Owens and Jason Witten? he didn't play with great receivers like Dez Bryant? Terry Glenn?

And you just keep saying I'm moving the goal post because you don't like what I said. You brought up Romo's 4th quarter "accuracy" and I replied with what is his accuracy in the 4th quarters of the playoffs? Love Romo. That's fine. I'm not telling you who to root for or like. I'm just understanding the Aikman slander.
NO...I am saying you are moving the goal post because you YELLED..... "NO WAY stop saying Romo was more accurate than Troy!"

Then I showed you he was just as accurate if not more....

with some other stats...

and you changed your sht to "but playoffs".

So stop moving your goal posts and stay firm. Have the decency, humanity and maturity to admit your initial statement was wrong.

You can't because you are a silly petulant child. A brick.

If you meant to say "accuracy in playoff games"...like you changed it to....we wouldn't be in this mess. YOU...changed it to something I NEVER said. Just to argue and be obviously right.

God....kids these days...sheesh. And to think Bob Haze WARNED us...to stop this nonsense.

Just keep arguing and changing things so you can claim your silly childish victory?

Okay... you win. There....all better now?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 11 games in the playoffs between the 1992 and 1995 seasons.”

He went 10-1 with 3 SBs and 1 SB MVP

The only loss during that period was in the 1994 NFC Championship game with Barry Switzer as the coach.

Romo and Dak have never won multiple playoff games in a season.
And they had the exact same team and coaches as Troy.

Look...Troy was a GREAT QB...in times when the refs allowed the defense to SMEAR the qb. Especially a Dallas Cowboys one. A great manager of the game. a GREAT LEADER...who would chew your ax when needed.

But he had a TEAM of pro bowlers. WHY...for the love of God...are you comparing WINS....when it's a totally different team? Even individual stats are a dynamic events. Troys defense was the second best the Cowboys ever had. You actually think that didn;t help troy? and the win column?

Troy was a 1st pick....in the draft! Not first round...FIRST!

Romo was drafted...when?

And you can't give him a shred of credit?

You guys are sickening.

Come on.

Legend

Reaction score
And they had the exact same team and coaches as Troy.

Look...Troy was a GREAT QB...in times when the refs allowed the defense to SMEAR the qb. Especially a Dallas Cowboys one. A great manager of the game. a GREAT LEADER...who would chew your ax when needed.

But he had a TEAM of pro bowlers. WHY...for the love of God...are you comparing WINS....when it's a totally different team? Even individual stats are a dynamic events. Troys defense was the second best the Cowboys ever had. You actually think that didn;t help troy? and the win column?

Troy was a 1st pick....in the draft! Not first round...FIRST!

Romo was drafted...when?

And you can't give him a shred of credit?

You guys are sickening.

Come on.
Romo played for a 13-3 team with a Cowboys record 13 pro bowlers and went one and done against the Wild Card Giants in a watered down NFL.

That is the difference between Aikman and Romo.

Aikman played big in big time games (during his run) while Romo caved to the pressure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
NO...I am saying you are moving the goal post because you YELLED..... "NO WAY stop saying Romo was more accurate than Troy!"

Then I showed you he was just as accurate if not more....

with some other stats...

and you changed your sht to "but playoffs".

So stop moving your goal posts and stay firm. Have the decency, humanity and maturity to admit your initial statement was wrong.

You can't because you are a silly petulant child. A brick.

If you meant to say "accuracy in playoff games"...like you changed it to....we wouldn't be in this mess. YOU...changed it to something I NEVER said. Just to argue and be obviously right.

God....kids these days...sheesh. And to think Bob Haze WARNED us...to stop this nonsense.

Just keep arguing and changing things so you can claim your silly childish victory?

Okay... you win. There....all better now?
I said what I initially meant. Bringing up his playoff stats is a rebuttal not goal post mover. What did Bob Haze warn us about? We are having a simple disagreement and debate and you’re panicking. I don’t think we are breaking any rules calm down lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said what I initially meant. Bringing up his playoff stats is a rebuttal not goal post mover. What did Bob Haze warn us about? We are having a simple disagreement and debate and you’re panicking. I don’t think we are breaking any rules calm down lol.
LOL....telling me to calm down...you funny child.

You are the one panicking trying to find something to trash romo.

"it's not moving the goal posts it's a rebuttal".
I will remember that one when YOU say it! You will feign indignation I am sure!

We aren't having a disagreement. I agreed with you when you moved your goal post to playoffs.

you are desperately trying to change the discussion to trash romo., Dont hide it own it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo played for a 13-3 team with a Cowboys record 13 pro bowlers and went one and done against the Wild Card Giants in a watered down NFL.

Aikman played big in big time games (during his run) while Romo caved to the pressure.

Oh that one year? What happened in 1995 huh?

Aikman CHOKED? With all those pro bowler super bowl winners?

Cut the crap man. Stop cherry picking your BS.

People.... god. Idiots.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL....telling me to calm down...you funny child.

You are the one panicking trying to find something to trash romo.

"it's not moving the goal posts it's a rebuttal".
I will remember that one when YOU say it! You will feign indignation I am sure!

We aren't having a disagreement. I agreed with you when you moved your goal post to playoffs.

you are desperately trying to change the discussion to trash romo., Dont hide it own it.
Own what? How many times do I have to tell you Romo was a good quarterback and a bad playoff performer…..

Notice you keep referencing me as a “child”. If i resort to name calling back then I’d be wrong right?

kskboys

Reaction score
Look… I understand that the office can also give up points. But these are the types of things that every team faces… Just like tipped interceptions are.

For example..The Cowboys defense was probably better than what the stats show because Dak led the league in interceptions (the irony of this point does not elude me).

I get all the nuances… But sometimes you just have to look at the raw number while understanding that somethings happened to every team
Of course. However, if you want to rate a D, which is what we were doing, yds allowed is much more accurate than points.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

This is a cool story and all but Aikman only had one 4th quarter playoff comeback in his entire career. That was in 1996 after we won our championships.

I think Aikman would be the first to tell you that they won as a team and not because of him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I actually was talking about Romo lol.
Only two games from Romo with bad stats, and one of those was the Giants, who went through Romo, Rodgers, and Brady that year.
And Romo threw the winning TD to Crayton, but Crayton pulled up. Tony did enough to win against the eventual SV champions.
Again, team game.