Dak Prescott is top 10 in at NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He doesn't have any receivers.

It's the OL.

Schultz can't block.

It's the running game.

Jerry won't let him.

The D just needs to make more stops.

It's fershore cuz Russia attacked Ukraine!!!!!
the offensive line, Moore, the defense doesn't hold the opponents to 10 points per game, Jerry, and probably UFOs and Bigfoot. If we had bigfoot we could kick field goals from any place on the field.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Like hell he would. Aikman probably wins the Super Bowl with that team.
"Probrably aint proof "

Wrong why do we always have to do this mean we can go back to treatment not winning the Super Bowl when his team didn’t do too well the first year after Jimmy left I mean what happened they got down big because of teammates making mistakes or himself making a mistake and they lost the game the valid come back in the close lost to San Francisco that’s not an excuse they didn’t play well enough to win ,

why didn't troy pick up and carry the team himself as a matter fact Trinh never picked up the team and carried him by himself whenever we ever seen Troy tested to have to go into a big game in the playoffs or the Super Bowl without a great defense a great old line and a great run game and one of the greatest coaching staffs in history?

Just coming on here and saying you think you can just plug in Troy and they need these games at Tony or Prescott of loss and he was just automatically win I say nonsense it’s why Dan Marino and John with our way never won anything big until they got the right team in the right mix Troy has never had to carry a team without Emmett Smith in that office of line doing really well.

Your theories never been tested but how about the flipside I think you can plug-in Tony Romo or Prescott on those 90s teams and I still think they PROBRABLY STILL WIN THE SAME.

Last edited:

Legend

Reaction score
This is a cool story and all but Aikman only had one 4th quarter playoff comeback in his entire career. That was in 1996 after we won our championships.

I think Aikman would be the first to tell you that they won as a team and not because of him.
That is a plus for Aikman.

You cannot fault him from putting his opponents away in games without the need to come back in the 4th to win.

Legend

Reaction score
Only two games from Romo with bad stats, and one of those was the Giants, who went through Romo, Rodgers, and Brady that year.
And Romo threw the winning TD to Crayton, but Crayton pulled up. Tony did enough to win against the eventual SV champions.
Again, team game.
At the end of the day, Romo never won a playoff game outside of the Wild Card round.

Brock Purdy and several others have won divisional playoff games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is a plus for Aikman.

You cannot fault him from putting his opponents away in games without the need to come back in the 4th to win.
That's the most bizarre thing...if the Cowboys were a Dynasty which they were of course he wouldn't have as many 4th Q comebacks as a guy like Romo who's team barely made the playoffs if at all.

Dre11

Reaction score
I see everyone talking about different eras, What is the cutoff in Eras? because just looking at when Peyton came in the league in 1998, He had over 500 passing attempts his first 6 seasons
Dak in his first 6 season had only 3 over 500 passing attempts.(2020 missed). Dak over his first couple years was playing more of an old era style under Jason Heavy run system and
less under a the wide open era we see now.

Dre11

Reaction score
All these numbers are much higher for modern QBs than in the past. They don’t mean anything. Compare him to his contemporaries.
I just did a quick Peyton Manning search, his first 6 season, he's had more 500+ pass attempt seasons than Dak first 6 seasons.
it depends on when and who you consider his contemporaries

Dre11

Reaction score
Look… I understand that the office can also give up points. But these are the types of things that every team faces… Just like tipped interceptions are.

For example..The Cowboys defense was probably better than what the stats show because Dak led the league in interceptions (the irony of this point does not elude me).

I get all the nuances… But sometimes you just have to look at the raw number while understanding that somethings happened to every team
no you don't , if you want to get a true assessment of an individual/team performance, you have to look past the raw numbers. just take the L

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Romo never won multiple playoff games in a season and only won Wild Card games.

For someone who never played in a NFC Championship game in a watered down NFL; can win 4-5 SBs playing against the great teams of the 1990s?

Brett Favre, Steve Young, John Elway, and others could not win 4-5 SBs in the 1990s.

But Romo could?
:bow: