Dak Prescott is top 10 in at NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

Dak Prescott is top 10 in @NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating. In week 1 he will become the 2nd QB in #NFL history to get 25,000 passing yards & 1,500 rushing yards in his first 100 games

Love you guys

Love you too man.

aikemirv

Reaction score
well yeah, we all know that. this is the context necessary for that. historically he doesn’t throw many ints or pct of ints to tds, and even when he led the league, it was with the lowest total in like 50 years
Context is necessary as we all know we are living in the era with the highest completion percentages ever in the NFL!

24 of the top 30 are either current players or career ended within the last 2 years

DFWJC

Reaction score

Dak Prescott is top 10 in @NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating. In week 1 he will become the 2nd QB in #NFL history to get 25,000 passing yards & 1,500 rushing yards in his first 100 games

Love you guys

I know that wasn't your tweet, but anyone that doesn't understand time-adjustments to stats, doesn't really understand the game at all.

For example
Kirk Cousins and Jimmy Garropolo are ALSO top 10.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Love you guys

Its all about the Rings and Things. Super Bowls, All Pros, and MVPs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
:laugh: If you look at it that way Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, and Jimmy Garoppolo are all-timers.
Fwiw, Do the time adjustments and Romo is way higher than both Cousins and Prescott.

But don't need to get into that. Just leave him out
Prescott, Cousins, and Garoppolo are all in the all-time top 10 in those stats....so that should tell us all we need to know the need to adjust for when they played.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who's being sarcastic? The reasonable consensus is that at best he's a top 10ish QB compared against his contemporaries. There isn't any reason to discuss whether he's a top 10 of all time because if you aren't amongst the greatest of your generation your not even in the discussion.
That’s the thing

first of all he’s only going into year seven, and up to a certain point there are many quarterbacks at your seven or eight including Peyton Manning and some of the other guys he’s gonna be compared to that we’re not finished with their career I in year 7 and they’re only considered where they’re at now by the way they finished their career ....

guys even like John Elway and it took a lot of years before they got to be Hall of Fame material...I mean John Elway came in the league in 1983 and I’m not trying to compare the two I’m just trying to tell you that he did not win his two Super Bowls until the final two years of a 15 year career.... oh and let’s not act like this guy didn’t have some warts to how many had a great arm he was tough but he had a few years we had 23 interceptions 18 interceptions 19 interceptions 17 interceptions and 15 interceptions and that’s just a few of his years out of the 15 I mean we’re gonna keep harping on the fact that Prescott threw interceptions on we’ve already been over there all the other guys even John Elway had quite a few interceptions for his career 300 touchdowns is awesome but 226 interceptions I mean interception and touchdown ratio also not great just like Troy is just like Rogers even Danny White they threw a lot of interceptions and yes even in the playoff their touchdown reception rate was about on par with the regular season.
they needed more pieces of they finally got the championships with guys like Terrell Davis and some other additions guys like Peyton Manning it was after year seven might’ve been your eight or nine I don’t remember.

So Prescott still has time to add to his career where we can talk about where he ranks all time but remember I took these guys even Matthew Stafford just did it and you’re 13 it’s OK away and you’re 14 and 15 to finally get a Super Bowl win we’ve seen many guys after year seven or eight finally stay long enough on a team and breakthrough you add some Super Bowls to Prescott’s great stats in his rankings and maybe he does get in the conversation we don’t know yet his story is not over ...

Swagger

Reaction score
Very frustrating that a superbly written piece in a thread opened by Khiladi highlighting the deficiencies by Dak Prescott was locked yet there's countless biased threads opened and remain live jazzing up his empty calories. Embarrassing.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That’s the thing

first of all he’s only going into year seven, and up to a certain point there are many quarterbacks at your seven or eight including Peyton Manning and some of the other guys he’s gonna be compared to that we’re not finished with their career I in year 7 and they’re only considered where they’re at now by the way they finished their career ....

guys even like John Elway and it took a lot of years before they got to be Hall of Fame material...I mean John Elway came in the league in 1983 and I’m not trying to compare the two I’m just trying to tell you that he did not win his two Super Bowls until the final two years of a 15 year career.... oh and let’s not act like this guy didn’t have some warts to how many had a great arm he was tough but he had a few years we had 23 interceptions 18 interceptions 19 interceptions 17 interceptions and 15 interceptions and that’s just a few of his years out of the 15 I mean we’re gonna keep harping on the fact that Prescott threw interceptions on we’ve already been over there all the other guys even John Elway had quite a few interceptions for his career 300 touchdowns is awesome but 226 interceptions I mean interception and touchdown ratio also not great just like Troy is just like Rogers even Danny White they threw a lot of interceptions and yes even in the playoff their touchdown reception rate was about on par with the regular season.
they needed more pieces of they finally got the championships with guys like Terrell Davis and some other additions guys like Peyton Manning it was after year seven might’ve been your eight or nine I don’t remember.

So Prescott still has time to add to his career where we can talk about where he ranks all time but remember I took these guys even Matthew Stafford just did it and you’re 13 it’s OK away and you’re 14 and 15 to finally get a Super Bowl win we’ve seen many guys after year seven or eight finally stay long enough on a team and breakthrough you add some Super Bowls to Prescott’s great stats in his rankings and maybe he does get in the conversation we don’t know yet his story is not over ...
If you think Dak is still bound for glory, fine. But I must be very clear when I tell you that Elway was considered an extraordinary talent while in college and his talent was never questioned even while he toiled with less than complete teams around him. Even taking two of those teams to the Super Bowl. He was an all time great and HOF bound even if they had never gotten to the top of the mountain. Players of that caliber are simply so far above average everyone acknowledges their talent even if they are on your most hated rival. That's what being a Top 10 All Time QB is all about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Love you guys

yah, but the Niners game!!!!! LOL