Dak Prescott is top 10 in at NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score

Dak Prescott is top 10 in @NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating. In week 1 he will become the 2nd QB in #NFL history to get 25,000 passing yards & 1,500 rushing yards in his first 100 games

Love you guys

And has won countless big games for us and played his best when it matters most:lmao2:

Flamma

Reaction score
Those Bud Light commercials from way back in the day featured some former AFL and NFL stars: Matt Snell, Ray Nitschke, Ben Davidson, Bubba Smith.
I think you mean Lite beer from Miller. Bud Light has other issues.

The best commercial featured Kenny Stabler and Dan Fouts.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Warren Moon starred at the University of Washington. He went undrafted despite throwing for more than 3,000 yards as the Huskies’ QB. Moon went to the CFL, where he played from 1978-83 before joining the Houston Oilers...Hall of fame.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=how+many+4th+round+selected+or+lower+quarterbacks+are+in+nfl+hall+of+fame&fr=yfp-t&fr2=p:fp,m:sb&ei=UTF-8&fp=1

:starspin:

In the 17th round of the 1956 NFL draft, Bart Starr was selected by the Packers, with the 200th overall pick. The Packers offered $6,500 to sign Starr, and he accepted, with the added condition, requested by Starr, that he received an upfront sum of $1,000.

The Pittsburgh Steelers drafted Louisville’s Johnny Unitas in the ninth round of the 1955 NFL draft. However, he was released before the season began as the odd man out among four quarterbacks trying to fill three spots. Among those edging out Unitas was Ted Marchibroda, future longtime NFL head coach.

Norm Van Brocklin was selected 37th overall in the 1949 NFL draft, taken in the fourth round by the Los Angeles Rams. Teams were unsure if he planned to play the 1949 season in college or not, so he fell in the draft.

Things change but that isn't a fan's call.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you think Dak is still bound for glory, fine. But I must be very clear when I tell you that Elway was considered an extraordinary talent while in college and his talent was never questioned even while he toiled with less than complete teams around him. Even taking two of those teams to the Super Bowl. He was an all time great and HOF bound even if they had never gotten to the top of the mountain. Players of that caliber are simply so far above average everyone acknowledges their talent even if they are on your most hated rival. That's what being a Top 10 All Time QB is all about.
Look man he's one of several examples I'm giving you of people who didn't peak truly till late in their career as far as what we're judging Prescott on is playoff success Super Bowl success I was just pointing out that even John Elway threw a ton of interceptions in his career which may or may not have held him back until they ran the ball more till they had a better running back. How's that hard to understand I'm not trying to say that Prescott gonna be Peyton Manning or John Elway I'm saying that he's already played great stat wise he's already ranked top ten some of us see him as number six in his own peers but his story is yet to be written like many of those examples I'm trying to point out. Yes the light must click and the team must be fully put together to win a championship but to say he went to a Super Bowl or had some playoff success before Terrell Davis and a change in philosophy.

that's like saying Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, Trent dilfer, Colin Kaepernick, Nick Foles, Flacco, Brad johnson, those are examples of quarterbacks that went to Super Bowls....
are they as good as John Elway or were their teams so good they can cover up a quarterback like say Jim McMahon who was a spare part??? dude I mean if somehow you think that him winning a Super Bowl or even being there made him special, like better than Prescott then you'd be severely mistaken that's my point this is his and it will always be a team game. I think Prescott's better than any of those names I just pointed out maybe a fine line but it goes to show you if you can put together not just a great regular season team but a team that actually shows up and plays in the playoffs the same way Prescott would have more success the same with Tony Romo.

with Dak, We're pointing out that his stats and his win percentage and all that put together says that if he was able to be on a team like Matthew Stafford got like on the with the Rams and some of these other names I just mentioned, he probably would have a Super Bowl by now..

he can play within the structure of a really good team that shows up and plays in the playoffs... our team has been crippled or underwhelming when we get up against the 49ers or a team with a great defense, our offensive line and run game disappears. we get outcopahed and outplayed , fine line those one score games..

we never ask Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach to play without a run game without an offensive line and without a really good coaching mind that makes adjustments and calls plays in a game to actually try to win. That's all I'm saying nobody's projecting HOF status, but he's already a great quarterback, he's already a franchise quarterback with some story left to tell that's all I'm saying.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Look man he's one of several examples I'm giving you of people who didn't peak truly till late in their career as far as what we're judging Prescott on is playoff success Super Bowl success I was just pointing out that even John Elway threw a ton of interceptions in his career which may or may not have held him back until they ran the ball more till they had a better running back. How's that hard to understand I'm not trying to say that Prescott gonna be Peyton Manning or John Elway I'm saying that he's already played great stat wise he's already ranked top ten some of us see him as number six in his own peers but his story is yet to be written like many of those examples I'm trying to point out. Yes the light must click and the team must be fully put together to win a championship but to say he went to a Super Bowl or had some playoff success before Terrell Davis and a change in philosophy.

that's like saying Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, Trent dilfer, Colin Kaepernick, Nick Foles, Flacco, Brad johnson, those are examples of quarterbacks that went to Super Bowls....
are they as good as John Elway or were their teams so good they can cover up a quarterback like say Jim McMahon who was a spare part??? dude I mean if somehow you think that him winning a Super Bowl or even being there made him special, like better than Prescott then you'd be severely mistaken that's my point this is his and it will always be a team game. I think Prescott's better than any of those names I just pointed out maybe a fine line but it goes to show you if you can put together not just a great regular season team but a team that actually shows up and plays in the playoffs the same way Prescott would have more success the same with Tony Romo.

with Dak, We're pointing out that his stats and his win percentage and all that put together says that if he was able to be on a team like Matthew Stafford got like on the with the Rams and some of these other names I just mentioned, he probably would have a Super Bowl by now..

he can play within the structure of a really good team that shows up and plays in the playoffs... our team has been crippled or underwhelming when we get up against the 49ers or a team with a great defense, our offensive line and run game disappears. we get outcopahed and outplayed , fine line those one score games..

we never ask Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach to play without a run game without an offensive line and without a really good coaching mind that makes adjustments and calls plays in a game to actually try to win. That's all I'm saying nobody's projecting HOF status, but he's already a great quarterback, he's already a franchise quarterback with some story left to tell that's all I'm saying.
No apologies needed...that's the sport involved.

Toro9

Reaction score
I believe he simply had a rocky year. Wouldn't be surprised if he keeps the picks below the teens in 23/24.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No apologies needed...that's the sport involved.
Another name to add in there and I'm curious what people think about Philip Rivers the man played 17 years has mind boggling stats but only appeared in and lost one AFC championship game never did much else but I'm betting somewhere down the line this man makes the Hall of Fame off reputation alone his stats are ridiculous but he never won anything at all his playoff record was like 5 and seven and I remember back in his peak years Dallas cowboy fans were saying how great he was and if he only had a team around him he could have had a better playoff success.

I can only imagine if we sat back and looked at Brett farve and say Drew Brees and they played like what 19 years like I don't remember but a very long time and only had one championship if you take that championship away it's all stats correct it's all what they did in the regular season or had a couple nice games in the playoffs but we're robbed a few times by bad teams and bad referees the fact is they played 10 more years than Prescott and they still only have one championship and that includes Aaron Rodgers but Aaron Rodgers has a few MVP 's so he he's a little bit of a notch above them but still all the years that he's played he has one Super Bowl. In my opinion it just shows that it's very difficult to get to championship games and get to a Super Bowl and or win it unless you have a great team and that's why we've seen below average quarterbacks with great teams at least make an appearance in the Super bowl. I see this meme going around comparing Brett Blake Bortles to Prescott just because they both have two playoff wins it's insane but that's what people do we all know that Blake Bortles got lucky to be in that championship game great defense great run game a little bit of luck and there he was Prescott is clearly a better quarterback than Blake Bortles.

Yet we're not allowed to use that argument with Tony Romo and Prescott they're calling it excuses and trying cover up some kind terrible pay by our qbs..

Proof

Reaction score
Context is necessary as we all know we are living in the era with the highest completion percentages ever in the NFL!

24 of the top 30 are either current players or career ended within the last 2 years
cool. and yet he’s still among the leaders even still. impressive.

but yeah the int frequency was the takeaway and not much to undermine it

Proof

Reaction score
Very frustrating that a superbly written piece in a thread opened by Khiladi highlighting the deficiencies by Dak Prescott was locked yet there's countless biased threads opened and remain live jazzing up his empty calories. Embarrassing.
dang. you gonna be ok? thoughts and prayers

erod

Reaction score

Dak Prescott is top 10 in @NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating. In week 1 he will become the 2nd QB in #NFL history to get 25,000 passing yards & 1,500 rushing yards in his first 100 games

Love you guys

This means nothing. Almost all of todays quarterbacks are putting up crazy numbers in this soft league with too many rules that make it easy to rack up stats.

As ksk pointed out, Andy Dalton is about to pass Joe Montana and Dan Fouts, which is silly.

Fantasy Football dorks only see football through numbers because they have no idea what they're watching.

erod

Reaction score
don't leave out the fact that after their first 97 games peyton manning had twice as many interceptions, we are comparing td-int ration to daks counterpart and that why we are talking Td-INT ratio and daks is Great , better then roger, troy or Danny. did you know troy and roger had like 25ints and 19int in the playoffs. dak td- int ratio even in the payoff games are better. so those guys on better teams made more mistakes both inte RS and playoffs!. Let not forget we that!!!

Next??
Those occurred at a time when you could kill the quarterback and take the head off of receivers at will.

Very different game then.