Dak Prescott Issued Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys

conner01

Reaction score
Exactly, if he wants the big money, great. I just don't want it to be at the cost of Dallas sacrificing it's ability to pay actual talent.
We should have made that decision long ago when you could have made some trades and rebuild. If you don’t have a QB then you don’t pay lamb. If you are rebuilding you need draft capital to do so. The DJ trade rebuilt the Texans and that’s a good model. Jerry’s problem is no plan. Keep Dak or move on isn’t as impirtant as having a plan one way or the other. That’s what frustrates me. If you are keeping him then it should be done, if you are moving on it should be done.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Out your damn mind if you think we win 9 games without dak. Not a chance in

And I’m not even a Dak supporter
You could be right. I know it's not going to be easy, but I think with the extended schedule our backup could get close to that. 9 games isn't what it used to be it's about the equivalent of 8 and 8. But I don't disagree with anyone that thinks it's less. I would disagree with anyone that thinks we'll win more than 9.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I think Dak will find himself with no leverage if he leaves. Teams who would court him are likely grasping at straws that he would suddenly develop the play-off winner gene he's never had

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Dak Prescott should maybe think twice about leaving the Cowboys.

With Prescott on the verge of entering the final year of his deal with the Cowboys, there’s speculation regarding whether the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback will leave the Cowboys next offseason. While Prescott will have no shortage of suitors in free agency if he chooses to go that route, former head coach Herm Edwards warned the 2023 MVP runner-up of thinking twice when it comes to leaving Dallas.

You’re not going to play for a better team,” Edwards said. “Who challenges him? The [Philadelphia Eagles]. The [Detroit Lions] … [Green Bay Packers], [San Francisco 49ers], that’s who they got to deal with. That’s who Dak has to deal with to get to the Super Bowl. And that’s what he understands. If you understand that and say, ‘Well, hey, I got the best team I can play on right now. I go somewhere else, I got to start over.'”

Why Dak Prescott Should Consider Staying With Cowboys​

Edwards makes a fair point considering the NFC is stacked. All of the aforementioned teams already have franchise quarterbacks in Hurts, Goff, Love and Purdy. To make matters worse, the AFC — which is seen as the stronger conference — already have teams with franchise quarterbacks locked in on long-term contracts such as Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson and Burrows

That’s not even mentioning fringe contenders such as the Falcons already having signed Cousins to a four-year, $180 million contract in the offseason.

Why Dak Prescott Should Earn Big Money Deal if He Leaves Cowboys​

There’s little doubt that Prescott could sign a big contract, that mirrors — if not exceeds — the one Cousins signed this offseason. Considering Prescott is coming off of the best season of his career and is actually five years younger than Cousins (without coming off of an injury), he could very well earn at least $50 million per year on his next deal.

Spotrac has Prescott’s projected market value is $53.1 million per season across four years for a total of over $212 million. That would make Prescott the third-highest paid quarterback on an average annual basis in the NFL.

https://heavy.com/
Issued a Warning ?

Warning to whom ? The team that is about to sign him ?

Warning warning: Buyers beware of talent free wanna be nfl player.

This is what too much money makes with unstable personalities. They think earning a lot of money means their work or their talent actually are the reasons for it.
They dont understand that money in a capitalistic system has nothing to do with ability or success. So they develop an ego that has lost all connection to reality.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think Dak will find himself with no leverage if he leaves. Teams who would court him are likely grasping at straws that he would suddenly develop the play-off winner gene he's never had
Still they will try to sign him. Thats his leverage.

For any kind of item you try to sell, even if its the biggest crap, there will be an idiot waking up in the morning who wants to buy it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I long for the days when conversations about the Cowboys centered around events related to the game itself.

Salary caps and contracts takes a lot of fun out of talking about the team and being a sports fan.
unregulated capitalism is the death of everything. especially true/real emotions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Issued a Warning ?

Warning to whom ? The team that is about to sign him ?

Warning warning: Buyers beware of talent free wanna be nfl player.

This is what too much money makes with unstable personalities. They think earning a lot of money means their work or their talent actually are the reasons for it.
They dont understand that money in a capitalistic system has nothing to do with ability or success. So they develop an ego that has lost all connection to reality.
You must be only responding to title and didn’t read ? Edwards warning is to Dak. That it’s going to be difficult for him in FA to go to a better team. And he should sign with Dallas.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Edwards warning is to Dak. That it’s going to be difficult for him in FA to go to a better team. And he should sign with Dallas.
Thanks for the clarification. I dont read such articles.

The thread title said different. That was what i replied to.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I dont read such articles.

The thread title said different. That was what i replied to.
Well, it’s how you misinterpreted the title .

Edwards was warning Dak not to leave the Cowboys.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Well, it’s how you misinterpreted the title .

Edwards was warning Dak not to leave the Cowboys.
Well it could be that your thread title was very missleading.

But its always easier to blame somebody else than to think about a precise wording.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well it could be that your thread title was very missleading.

But its always easier to blame somebody else than to think about a precise wording.
No one else has misinterpreted it. I’m not even sure how you did interpret it. Who did you think the warning was coming from? And why?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't think Dak would have as many suitors as people assume he would. He would be a QB entering his 10th season who never made it to a championship game. Only desperate teams would want that. Anyone with a decent young QB is going to pass on Dak simple for the lack of upside.
the rams took stafford, who was older, and had no playoff success. They were a good team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I long for the days when conversations about the Cowboys centered around events related to the game itself.

Salary caps and contracts takes a lot of fun out of talking about the team and being a sports fan.
Welcome to the off season.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lance hasn’t just played a small amount of professional football. He hasn’t played much football at all. Perhaps there’s a world where Lance gets the reps of a normal first-round prospect and still struggles, but really there have been unforeseen and flat-out unlucky things happen to him that have undoubtedly affected his development.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trey-lance...any-draft-bust-story-weve-seen-161326897.html
They are not buying experience with Trey.

They want the athlete.

The kid is a phenom.

It’s up to our coaches to turn that kid into our next QB1.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak fan. But take Dak off Dallas and replace him with any of those other teams scrub QBs and we are no better than they are. So yes, the difference is marginal at best either way.
Take Dak and place him on a scrub team and they don't become better either.

kskboys

Reaction score
We should have made that decision long ago when you could have made some trades and rebuild. If you don’t have a QB then you don’t pay lamb. If you are rebuilding you need draft capital to do so. The DJ trade rebuilt the Texans and that’s a good model. Jerry’s problem is no plan. Keep Dak or move on isn’t as impirtant as having a plan one way or the other. That’s what frustrates me. If you are keeping him then it should be done, if you are moving on it should be done.
Who's DJ? You mean Watson, affectionately known as Peepee Slap?

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, IDK, Jets or Raiders.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
No one else has misinterpreted it. I’m not even sure how you did interpret it. Who did you think the warning was coming from? And why?

Dak Prescott Issued Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys​

means to me:

Dak Prescott (has) Issued (a) Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys​

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to be starting qb for the cowboys if I were in his position.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Dak Prescott Issued Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys​

means to me:

Dak Prescott (has) Issued (a) Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys​

Right , it was clear he was issued a warning. Not that he issues warning.

And I’d suggest if you don’t want to read a post to at least scroll down . It could have saved us a lot of time .