Dak Prescott Issued Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys

visionary

Reaction score
I keep going over it w/ my football buds, and we just can't see which team will pay him what he wants. And if there is a team or two, it won't be a plethora of teams bidding for him as is being touted.
Used to hear the same crap about Garrett
There used to be a guy here who was a huge Garrett shill, now gone LOL

Dak is the Garrett of QBs

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak, play your butt off. That's all you can control. The FO is only interested in a championship. If they don't get that then it's likely you'll be let go regardless of how well you perform but it's better to exit knowing you did your best.
Man, they've gone out of their way to prove that's not their interest.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I'm sure Dak is just very concerned with what a mediocre ex HC turned talking head thinks.

Shane612

Reaction score
He leaves or stays, I don't care.
However, if Dak tells Jerry that he wishes to leave, Jerry should do everything possible to accommodate his wish.

visionary

Reaction score
Garrett was a back up like Trance.
Revisionist history
People like you were slurping his jock telling us he would have a line of suitors looking to hire him as HC if we dared to fire him, while many of us were calling for his firing for years
No different than Dak

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak Prescott should maybe think twice about leaving the Cowboys.

With Prescott on the verge of entering the final year of his deal with the Cowboys, there’s speculation regarding whether the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback will leave the Cowboys next offseason. While Prescott will have no shortage of suitors in free agency if he chooses to go that route, former head coach Herm Edwards warned the 2023 MVP runner-up of thinking twice when it comes to leaving Dallas.

You’re not going to play for a better team,” Edwards said. “Who challenges him? The [Philadelphia Eagles]. The [Detroit Lions] … [Green Bay Packers], [San Francisco 49ers], that’s who they got to deal with. That’s who Dak has to deal with to get to the Super Bowl. And that’s what he understands. If you understand that and say, ‘Well, hey, I got the best team I can play on right now. I go somewhere else, I got to start over.'”

Why Dak Prescott Should Consider Staying With Cowboys​

Edwards makes a fair point considering the NFC is stacked. All of the aforementioned teams already have franchise quarterbacks in Hurts, Goff, Love and Purdy. To make matters worse, the AFC — which is seen as the stronger conference — already have teams with franchise quarterbacks locked in on long-term contracts such as Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson and Burrows

That’s not even mentioning fringe contenders such as the Falcons already having signed Cousins to a four-year, $180 million contract in the offseason.

Why Dak Prescott Should Earn Big Money Deal if He Leaves Cowboys​

There’s little doubt that Prescott could sign a big contract, that mirrors — if not exceeds — the one Cousins signed this offseason. Considering Prescott is coming off of the best season of his career and is actually five years younger than Cousins (without coming off of an injury), he could very well earn at least $50 million per year on his next deal.

Spotrac has Prescott’s projected market value is $53.1 million per season across four years for a total of over $212 million. That would make Prescott the third-highest paid quarterback on an average annual basis in the NFL.

https://heavy.com/
Hit the road, Jack old fellow

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Think about it. He got 30+ million in his tag year. He got 160M in his second contract. He'll get over 250M in his 3rd contract no matter where he plays. Tell me again what mistake he is making?
Jerry didn’t get a Return on Investment with Dak.

Dak can’t win playoff games.

He’s not going to spend a 1/2 Billion on Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Revisionist history
People like you were slurping his jock telling us he would have a line of suitors looking to hire him as HC if we dared to fire him, while many of us were calling for his firing for years
No different than Dak
I did not know Dak was a Head Coach. Your history is unbelievable ignorant and your current awareness is beyond stupidity.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jerry didn’t get a Return on Investment with Dak.

Dak can’t win playoff games.

He’s not going to spend a 1/2 Billion on Dak.
This is still yet to be determined. But if Jerry gives him an extension, he feels he got a good return on his investment. Or else he wouldn't be giving that extension. No businessman continues to invest in a failed endeavor when there is a way out.

Like I've mentioned before, 3rd contracts are much tougher to swallow than 2nd contracts. I'm not saying Lawrence is some great QB. But would you pay an average of 20M more a year in cap hits for Dak over Lawrence? Because that is what it would be if Dak got the exact same contract as Trevor.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This is still yet to be determined. But if Jerry gives him an extension, he feels he got a good return on his investment. Or else he wouldn't be giving that extension. No businessman continues to invest in a failed endeavor when there is a way out.

Like I've mentioned before, 3rd contracts are much tougher to swallow than 2nd contracts. I'm not saying Lawrence is some great QB. But would you pay an average of 20M more a year in cap hits for Dak over Lawrence? Because that is what it would be if Dak got the exact same contract as Trevor.
Jerry is not getting a return on GM Jethro.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lance hasn’t just played a small amount of professional football. He hasn’t played much football at all. Perhaps there’s a world where Lance gets the reps of a normal first-round prospect and still struggles, but really there have been unforeseen and flat-out unlucky things happen to him that have undoubtedly affected his development.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trey-lance...any-draft-bust-story-weve-seen-161326897.html

Motorola

Reaction score
I long for the days when conversations about the Cowboys centered around events related to the game itself.

Salary caps and contracts takes a lot of fun out of talking about the team and being a sports fan.
Especially since half the fans that talk about both topics when they don't fully understand how each setup operates - but they weigh in with an air of full knowledge regardless.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yep Dak doesn't realize how easy he has it.
This team has carried him more than he has carried the team.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Genuinely hoping for a poor season so we can move on and have ANYTHING to look forward to. The era of tolerating mediocrity needs to end. If it doesn’t, there’s just no point.
The entire team could leave and the mediocrity will continue. The Jones clan isn't going anywhere, rumors of selling to somebody in the middle east notwithstanding.

Blame Dak, blame Garrett, blame Romo, blame the run defense, blame the refs, blame the league. But nothing will change with the Jones' in charge.