Dak Prescott Issued Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
Think about it. He got 30+ million in his tag year. He got 160M in his second contract. He'll get over 250M in his 3rd contract no matter where he plays. Tell me again what mistake he is making?
This a common mistake many make. His agent gets about 25%. Taxes are about 35 to 50 percent (based on local and state taxes that vary). His bonuses are taxed federally alone at 40%. Then add accountants, financial advisors plus whatever His family is getting.

This isn't about what people think he needs, This is about what his agent and other advisors say what is good for him in the future.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This a common mistake many make. His agent gets about 25%. Taxes are about 35 to 50 percent (based on local and state taxes that vary). His bonuses are taxed federally alone at 40%. Then add accountants, financial advisors plus whatever His family is getting.

This isn't about what people think he needs, This is about what his agent and other advisors say what is good for him in the future.
Realistically he is not winning a SB in Dallas with GM Jethro. Either way he will most likely have a new Coach and a new offense to learn whether he stays or leaves. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady both left for stacked teams minus a QB. Why should Dak not do the same?

NotForLong

Reaction score
That’s not the question?

Let’s assume they are a better or more talented team. Will Dak be in a better position with Pitt in AFC for more success which was part of Edwards point.
No because it took 3 different coordinators to figure out how to use him and as soon as they divide a scheme the league quicky figures it out and then it is back to the drawing board

You think the team that signs him will be able to have success immediately. Of course not

Moore and Big Mike had time to work with him before dividing a plan. You think the next Play Caller will be able to implement something I m less then a year?

Good luck with that

Flamma

Reaction score

I'm fully aware what a multi millionaire will have to pay in taxes. Income tax brackets are readily available for anyone to see. He'd be at the highest. Besides that, NFL agents don't take anywhere near 25%. It's under 5%. That was decades ago when they took around 15%.

He doesn't pay a state income tax, but he has to pay state income taxes in the other states he plays in. He's going to actually net a little over half his gross income.

visionary

Reaction score
Let me make sure i have this straight:

With Dak we are SB contenders and Dak deserves 60+ million/y

Without Dak we will be lucky to win 5-6 games

BUT

Win/Loss is not a QB stat

Ok, i think ive got it

:laugh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Let me make sure i have this straight:

With Dak we are SB contenders and Dak deserves 60+ million/y

Without Dak we will be lucky to win 5-6 games

BUT

Win/Loss is not a QB stat

Ok, i think ive got it

:laugh:
No, you really don't.

kskboys

Reaction score
This isn’t intended to be another thread about why you or I believe he should stay , go or why we wouldn’t want him to stay, etc…

But merely a thread about why Prescott should consider staying rather than bolting for another team.

And how that should impact his demands and negotiations with the Cowboys.
In that case, I don't believe there will be all those offers to sign him. Which teams?

And if he were willing to play for anywhere near Cousins money, he'd have already been signed. Dak made it known unequivocally that he is about the money and doesn't care about anything else. I was on his side until he insisted on that last disaster of a contract.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dying to see all of these suitors.
I keep going over it w/ my football buds, and we just can't see which team will pay him what he wants. And if there is a team or two, it won't be a plethora of teams bidding for him as is being touted.

kskboys

Reaction score
How much more can Dak earn for a non playoff team?

I’d argue it could be marginal . For example : If Cowboys are willing to pay 53-55 is it going to be worth Dak getting 3-5 more going to a bottom feeder team?
For him, I'm inclined to say yes. He's given every indication that it's all about the money, and no indications that it's not.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I want to win a championship and giving Dak a big new contract basically destroys any chance of that.

Sorry Dak but ya gotta go. You’re not a big game player.

If Rodgers and Brady can be replaced and have teams have more playoff success than the Cowboys than Dallas can easily replace you.
so the 21 years before Dak....did you or did you not want to win a championship?

once you realize that Dak is not the real issue, then you will understand.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep going over it w/ my football buds, and we just can't see which team will pay him what he wants. And if there is a team or two, it won't be a plethora of teams bidding for him as is being touted.
Teams realize how coddled this guy has been his entire career, starting his rookie year. Linehan/Moore and Dak developed a offense which bought him time and allowed him to read only 1/2 the field and created separation.
Every system since has provided him the same,
However, when you take away time in pocket and separation Dak crashes and burns. EVERY TIME.
We have had a combination of good pass blocking, solid receivers, great TE play, and HORRIBLE DEFENSES. The Cowboys know covering for this guy will o ly get you so far, about as far as you'd get with Cooper Rush.
The foot inury only exacerbated Dak's flaws.
He cannot recover.

Lance will shine in this system and it won't be long until the fans and the PLAYERS realize he's a better option. So we'll see how many teams are beating down the door for a shot at Dak Presschoke.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No his contract is the issue.

Can’t win and give a guy who doesn’t show up in big games that money.
you are spinning away. but failing. I didn't ask about his contract or Dak. I asked about the 21 years of failure before Dak.

but I get it. you are obsessed with Dak. that's all you think about. 365x24x7x60x60. you are consumed. can't think anything else. can't sleep. eat. nothing without Dak on your mind.

its not healthy

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
5 generations from now, Dak’s descendants aren’t going to care if he lost in the first round for the Cowboys, or lost in the first round for the Raiders, or lost in the first round for the Titans. They’re gonna care whether or not they have to work part time at McDonald’s to pay for their college tuition. Go get the bag
he should go get the bag but it should be with another team maybe the eagles

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak, play your butt off. That's all you can control. The FO is only interested in a championship. If they don't get that then it's likely you'll be let go regardless of how well you perform but it's better to exit knowing you did your best.