Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just to play devils advocate.

The cowboys were top 3 in point differential, 1st in takeaways, and first in pressures. Also had one of the top offenses in the league.

Most teams that have all of the above, are considered SB contenders.
Dak needs the best of everything for them to even consider him good enough to win a Super Bowl. Really just shows how little they actually think of him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo was praised when he did well. He also got admonished for going Hollywood and wasting his prime years. So what's the problem?
Did you consider yourself a 'true fan' when you were hating on Romo every day? I'm just trying to narrow down when that became an actual thing.
Yea,hating on Romo was ok but don’t hate on Dak. Lol

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
:popcorn: If he breaks the record this year it will be a fun seeing the responses
eh Meredith passed LeBaron, Staubach passed Meredith, White passed Staubach, Aikman passed White, Romo passed Aikman, Prescott will pass Romo, next long term passer will pass Prescott, guy after him will pass that guy, especially if they keep adding games to the schedule, etc as it happens to other franchises too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are supposed to believe Dak padded his stats against a weak schedule, but our defense is legit.
Yea, we had a top 5 offense,defense ,turnovers and point differential despite some weaknesses rushing the ball and rushing defense.

Enough to propel us to#2 seed. We definitely laid a huge turd in the playoffs. It’s not all our QB’s fault as defense had no answer either. But it’s tough to overcome pick 6’s and multiple int’s. The game was basically over in 2nd qtr.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
eh Meredith passed LeBaron, Staubach passed Meredith, White passed Staubach, Aikman passed White, Romo passed Aikman, Prescott will pass Romo, next long term passer will pass Prescott, guy after him will pass that guy, especially if they keep adding games to the schedule, etc as it happens to other franchises too.
That’s assuming they have as long a career.

Blitzen

Reaction score
That’s the entire point. Josh Allen has everything to do with whether or not Miami gets a division winning seed, gets a bye, or even a favorable matchup. CJ Stroud’s ascendancy single-handedly kept Jacksonville out of the playoffs and will severely impact their playoff chances for years to come. Patrick Mahomes is the primary reason why Justin Herbert’s postseason resumé is nonexistent. Brock Purdy has been and will be pushing down the LA Rams for years to come.

And Dak Prescott “has nothing to do with our success or lack there of.” Why on Earth would we ever want that to change? Could you imagine if you stumbled across your Aaron Rodgers, or your Patrick Mahomes, or your Josh Allen, or any of those caliber QBs taken outside the top 5? Extending Dak Prescott assures that never happens. It is the best thing for Philadelphia in their best era.

It’s not about credit he gets, it’s about what we don’t have to worry about.

Eagles fan: I’m good with the Cowboys extending Dak’s contract for another decade.

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Nuh uh-you hate and fear the greatness that is Dak Prescott. Look at his win/loss record against the Eagles.

General cowboys fans: but look at Dak’s record in the playoffs.

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Win/loss record is a team stat.

Eagles fan: My point is that Dak did not stop the Eagles from their greatest stretch of franchise success-and it’s happened all during the Dak era.

Mama Bear Dak Defender: that’s not Dak’s fault

Eagles fan: Who said it was?

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Dak mo better than Jalen Hurts.

Eagles fan: I guess it would mean more if Dak’s stellar abilities translated in the postseason, and Hurts has already surpassed Dak’s greatest accomplishments just by making it to a Super Bowl.

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Those are team accomplishments.

Eagles fan: Weren’t you saying how Eagles fans should hate Dak on the Cowboys because of his win/loss record vs the Eagles teams?

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Eagles fans are idiots

The Mark Twain quote about how it’s harder to convince someone they’ve been fooled than to fool them comes to mind. Along with an image of a concussed person dripping saliva from their lips with their brow furrowed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Pull up a fifth grade reading material workbook and do its exercises and check your answers against the answer book and make sure you score 100% so you don’t strawman an argument with “but Aikman didn’t win SBs all by his lonesome”.
I did not realize you were that young. It explains a lot.

Praxit

Reaction score
..this is kiss of death. Last thing you want is another accolade.

You want the bigger prizes.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You didn't answer it fully.
I gave you statistics where the cowboys were top 5 in the league in. And what that usually means historically.

The roster was good enough to win a SB based on those stats.

I know stats arent everything which is why I said let me play devils advocate. I was merely pointing out they had the talent.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Aikman still leads in 1 stat - INT's.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Look up Troy's record without Emmitt Smith. It is not good.
But wait I thought it was a team game and victories were a team stat? I also thought Emmitt was the greatest running back ever. Of course if you take away a HOF player away from a team the offense of which is strongly dependent upon him the team is going to suffer. BTW, how was Emmitt’s “record” in Arizona?

Last edited:

Blitzen

Reaction score
Aikman still leads in 1 stat - INT's.

Serious question: If you had to choose between Aikman, Prescott, and Romo to be the QB of the 1992 NFCCG vs SF in SF-which would you choose to give the team the best chance at winning (just pick one)? Why?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Serious question: If you had to choose between Aikman, Prescott, and Romo to be the QB of the 1992 NFCCG vs SF in SF-which would you choose to give the team the best chance at winning (just pick one)? Why?
I would take a healthy Tony Romo all day every day.