Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I gave you statistics where the cowboys were top 5 in the league in. And what that usually means historically.

The roster was good enough to win a SB based on those stats.

I know stats arent everything which is why I said let me play devils advocate. I was merely pointing out they had the talent.
So where was the running attack all season, including playoffs? What other WR besides CeeDee did we have who was a legit weapon all season? Why did this All Pro Oline struggle during the run all season? Where was the All Pro studded Defense during the playoffs?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And yet, Aikman and Staubach are MILES ahead of Romo and Dak...............miles
Let’s be honest with these discussions…..older fans will always take the older over the new. There’s someone somewhere who thinks George Mikan is the best big man of all time. A younger fan will always take the new over old.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Damn….thats wild….over Aikman?

You're talking about the 4 turnover game when our D had 2 Int, recovered a fumble and our Special teams recovered a fumble.

When Smith ran for 114 yards, almost 5 yards a carry and another 60 yards in the air.

Yes. I remember that game.

morat1959

Reaction score
That is a team performance.

When you look up player stats there is no column for SB wins. Nice try.
Typical defend Dak by all means possible reply. Players stats fall under SB appearances and SB wins but nice try.

morat1959

Reaction score
Eagles fan: I’m good with the Cowboys extending Dak’s contract for another decade.

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Nuh uh-you hate and fear the greatness that is Dak Prescott. Look at his win/loss record against the Eagles.

General cowboys fans: but look at Dak’s record in the playoffs.

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Win/loss record is a team stat.

Eagles fan: My point is that Dak did not stop the Eagles from their greatest stretch of franchise success-and it’s happened all during the Dak era.

Mama Bear Dak Defender: that’s not Dak’s fault

Eagles fan: Who said it was?

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Dak mo better than Jalen Hurts.

Eagles fan: I guess it would mean more if Dak’s stellar abilities translated in the postseason, and Hurts has already surpassed Dak’s greatest accomplishments just by making it to a Super Bowl.

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Those are team accomplishments.

Eagles fan: Weren’t you saying how Eagles fans should hate Dak on the Cowboys because of his win/loss record vs the Eagles teams?

Mama Bear Dak Defender: Eagles fans are idiots

The Mark Twain quote about how it’s harder to convince someone they’ve been fooled than to fool them comes to mind. Along with an image of a concussed person dripping saliva from their lips with their brow furrowed.
“Team accomplishments” is the new term for let’s defend Dak at all costs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Dak went Hollywood and wasted his prime years, he would deserve to get hated on as well. So what's the problem? Biased feelings getting in the way?
You can’t decide what is ok or not. I know you’ve justified it in your mind. But hate is hate.

What you’re calling others out for you did basically the same thing regardless the reasons.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No, that’s not necessarily true. Some QB’s are legit without SB appearances.
And some QB's are in the Hall of Fame despite their stats, because they were on great teams and won SB's.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So where was the running attack all season, including playoffs? What other WR besides CeeDee did we have who was a legit weapon all season? Why did this All Pro Oline struggle during the run all season? Where was the All Pro studded Defense during the playoffs?
Our defense was as bad as our QB in playoffs. It was a team turd effort.

It’s tough to say if defense had of risen up if we didn’t give int’s and pick 6. But once we got down defense certainly didn’t help giving up 7 TD’s in 8 GB possessions.

But to shield our QB from his contributions to the crap isn’t totally forthright. It was a total team turd effort.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Our defense was as bad as our QB in playoffs. It was a team turd effort.

It’s tough to say if defense had of risen up if we didn’t give int’s and pick 6. But once we got down defense certainly didn’t help giving up 7 TD’s in 8 GB possessions.

But to shield our QB from his contributions to the crap isn’t totally forthright. It was a total team turd effort.
No one is shielding Dak. It was the opposite. It was a majority fans on this board blaming it all on Dak and when a few people called out the defense, they took that as a defense if Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And some QB's are in the Hall of Fame despite their stats, because they were on great teams and won SB's.
Yes but I’d argue in most cases they were solid QB’s which winning SB’s was icing on the cake or put them over the hump which it probably should because “ Impact” is part of the criteria of HOF and why many greats who didnt have the stats and or SB’s still made it.

We have to be able to measure greatness without being on a great team. In most cases we are in other positions .

The bigger argument is there are numerous HOF QB’s who didnt make a SB which I was responding to.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one is shielding Dak. It was the opposite. It was a majority fans on this board blaming it all on Dak and when a few people called out the defense, they took that as a defense if Dak.
I know and who I was responding to was shielding.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're talking about the 4 turnover game when our D had 2 Int, recovered a fumble and our Special teams recovered a fumble.

When Smith ran for 114 yards, almost 5 yards a carry and another 60 yards in the air.

Yes. I remember that game.
And you’re of the belief Romo plays better than Aikman did that game?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes but I’d argue in most cases they were solid QB’s which winning SB’s was icing on the cake or put them over the hump which it probably should because “ Impact” is part of the criteria of HOF and why many greats who didnt have the stats and or SB’s still made it.

We have to be able to measure greatness without being on a great team. In most cases we are in other positions .

The bigger argument is there are numerous HOF QB’s who didnt make a SB which I was responding to.
Easy way to look at. Minus the SB would they have made the HOF?