Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

Chasing6

Reaction score
And the next franchise QB to come after him will break it. Passing yards are pretty meaningless these days.
Sure in a passing league, passing yards are meaningless, especially when you have a poor running game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lol if Aikman played in Daks offensive systems and against today's NFL defenses he'd have 50,000 yds
Lol
And we'd have at least 2 more super bowls
Yes, our fans would love his 1:1 TD to Int ratio.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Will it really mean anything if Dak still has only 2 playoff wins and an empty trophy case? Like 5stars just said, piss on Aikman all you want, but all you will be doing is making yourself look obtuse.
I am not pissing on Aikman. His numbers speak for themselves - the only ones people want to talk about are the 3 SB's.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/dallas-cowboys/leaders/career-passing-tdintratio

How is reminding people of Aikman's stats pissing on him? Please explain?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Chasing6

Reaction score
I wonder why?
Because the rest are not very good. Just played on an arguable the best team ever assembled.

1. Troy Aikman​

Yeah, I said it. Zero All-Pro teams. Five of 12 seasons at .500 or below. Barely more touchdown passes (165) than interceptions (141). His approximate value on pro-football-reference ranks No. 167 overall, behind Warrick Dunn, Ricky Watters, Steve McMichael, Henry Ellard, Randall Cunningham, Boomer Esiason, Drew Bledsoe, London Fletcher, Dave Krieg, Donovan McNabb and so many other ridiculous names. Brad Johnson has more touchdown passes as does Jon Kitna, Chris Chandler and Jim Everett and, well, so many other ridiculous names. His passer rating is 49th in league history. He has three Super Bowls? Great. That’s one more than Eli Manning. Aikman was a fine NFL quarterback. He was a very fine NFL quarterback. At points he was a superb NFL quarterback. He was not a Hall of Fame quarterback.

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
Because the rest are not very good.
If the three Lombardi's (you know the reason they play) isn't self explanatory I cant help you. But don't you worry, I am sure you can find a Trey Lance thread to crap all over. Maybe that will make you feel better.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the three Lombardi's (you know the reason they play) isn't self explanatory I cant help you. But don't you worry, I am sure you can find a Trey Lance thread to crap all over. Maybe that will make you feel better.
He must have me on ignore because that is what a coward does when he is caught being nothing but a troll.

What real Cowboy fan actually pisses on a three time SB champion that is in the HOF? A troll that is who. Then, look when he joined the forum, it was around the time Lance was brought to Dallas.

Trance is in his head.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So similar to Dilfer. Got it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I am not pissing on Aikman. His numbers speak for themselves - the only ones people want to talk about are the 3 SB's.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/dallas-cowboys/leaders/career-passing-tdintratio

How is reminding people of Aikman's stats pissing on him? Please explain?
It’s pissing on him when you’re quantitatively comparing them to Dak’s in his era, which is significantly less constrained on defense (rules favoring the offense) and less competitive than Aikman’s, and because of the way the QB played, i.e., more efficiently, because he was more concerned with winning SBs, handing off to Emmitt, etc., than putting up big numbers. Also, Aikman was never a deer in headlights in the playoffs.