Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

Motorola

Reaction score
It will be fun when he passes all of Aikman's records in 2 less seasons.
News flash - he's going to pass EVERY former Cowboys QBs significant = productive records over the next two seasons.

But is Prescott and his Cowboys teammates going to eclipse Aikman and his teammates' three NFL Championships?

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s pissing on him when you’re quantitatively comparing them to Dak’s in his era, which is significantly less constrained on defense (rules favoring the offense) than Aikman’s, and because of the way the QB played, i.e., more efficiently, because he was more concerned with winning SBs, handing off to Emmitt, etc., than putting up big numbers. Also, Aikman was never a deer in headlights on the playoffs.
He was never a a pro bowler in his own era my friend.

Chasing6

Reaction score
News flash - he's going to pass EVERY former Cowboys QBs significant = productive records over the next two seasons.

But is Prescott and his Cowboys teammates going to eclipse Aikman and his teammates' three NFL Championships?
Except interceptions.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Piss on Aikman all you want troll! A Dallas Cowboy fan does not piss on an all time HOF great QB. But then again, you are a Dak fan or a 49'er troll, perhaps both. Tranced again.
How’d he “piss on Aikman?”

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the next franchise QB to come after him will break it. Passing yards are pretty meaningless these days.
Meaningles? Are rushing yards meaningless also. Are sacks meaningless?

Without good stats you do not win Or is that with winning you get good stats?

:laugh:

Chasing6

Reaction score

Yes, the score board is meaningless as well. Just ask $10B owner Jethro.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

It's meaningless because we are in a passing league where the bummmiest of QBs can put up big passing stats. 20 years ago, a 5,000 yard passing season would be an incredible feat. Heck 4,500 yards passing would be considered something. 40+ TDs in a season would be feat. Low INT totals on 400+ pass attempts would make you the most efficient QB in the league.

Perspective matters. Prescott being here 8 seasons in a passing league and taking the franchise record is not special. The next QB to come along will have an extra game every year, that could possibly be 300-400 extra yards a season.

Yes it's meaningless and anyone putting much into total passing yards knows little about the modern NFL.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s pissing on him when you’re quantitatively comparing them to Dak’s in his era, which is significantly less constrained on defense (rules favoring the offense) and less competitive than Aikman’s, and because of the way the QB played, i.e., more efficiently, because he was more concerned with winning SBs, handing off to Emmitt, etc., than putting up big numbers. Also, Aikman was never a deer in headlights in the playoffs.
You go ahead and compare Troy's numbers to his era and Dak's to Dak's era and tell me what you get.

I mean he his stats have to better than Jim Kelly's right? He beat him twice in the SB.

No way Jim's could be better. Could they, some how???

Chasing6

Reaction score
You go ahead and compare Troy's numbers to his era and Dak's to Dak's era and tell me what you get.

I mean he his stats have to better than Jim Kelly's right? He beat him twice in the SB.

No way Jim's could be better. Could they, some how???
Should we try Steve Young next?

Motorola

Reaction score
No kidding, and very possible.
Hasn't been accomplished yet.

Hoping - and rooting for it to happen...just like the last three seasons when the Cowboys qualified for the playoffs.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
What Aikman did was fantastic but it's way harder to win a Super Bowl these days.

It's the salary cap era, a parity filled league and every team have made improvements that Dallas has been unable to make. Way easier to win a Super Bowl when the AFC was so weak and beating San Francisco in January is pretty much all you need to do.

Aikman while undoubtedly a stand out of his era inhabited a period where teams like New Orleans, Tampa, Rams, and Cardinals were mostly irrelevant for a whole decade and even the Panthers while pretty good for a new team were never some huge threat. Since then 3 of those teams have won a Super Bowl.

Hard to find many teams in the conference that can even go up against Jimmy's team and compete in the early to mid 90s. Not even the Packers (the 3rd most successful team in the NFC in the decade) showed any proclivities of beating us.