Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, this place is a pure **** show.
Why are you here?
Go to the Dak attack site there you will find your type of Dak-loving folks to tell the tales of Dakota's greatness.

GINeric

Reaction score
Staubach played in the era where WRs and QBs were allowed to be mugged, and OL could not use their hands, making his accomplishments even more incredible. He won his rings with two completely different teams and was reknowned for playing his best when the chips were down. That is why he is widely considered a top 50 player all time. The comparison between him and any modern player is a stretch though I do think Mahomes is the best i have ever seen.

As for Aikman he had a better line, a better RB, he had very good receivers, most importantly a coach who demanded excellence. The passing game rules were closer to todays but you could still unload (spearing) on the QB. Aikman took a shot his rookie year from Anthony Bell that would have ended some careers. Did Aikman have a great team, yep. Many players have great teams and don't cash in. Troy lead the team to three SB wins.

The difference is Staubach and Aikman demanded excellence from themselves and their teammates. That is why they have 25 playoff wins between them and five Lombardis. When the lights were bright they showed up and played lights out. They didn't disappear for half's of games or not show up at all. And I certainly don't remember players talking trash about them when they ex Cowboys, or their relatives talking trash as current Cowboys. For many of us we are way past stats and excuses. At 2 and 5 in the playoffs it is time to try something new. And for the record I feel the exact same about Romo.

You've made all great points here, I can't disagree.

But one thing you've mentioned is "relatives trash talking". First of all, that was a different time when people didn't have social media to PUBLICLY express their likes and dislikes of a player.

So we don't know what was said about anyone by anyone.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It’s kind of crazy how successful Dallas has been historically yet they have no 35,000 yard passers in their history. NFL has had 33 35,000 yard passers are 0 were Cowboys. Staubach was in the military, Romo had bad injury problems, Troy was on a run first team, and White was a backup for too long.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What you are missing is the fact that Aikman played in a different era with running backs really being the focus. You put Aikman in today’s nfl with his arm and his passing numbers would be freaking insane. That’s why I hate comparing players from different eras in the first place.
I don't know about that. Have you seen Troy's first 3 and last 3 seasons when he didn't have so many weapons and the best Oline of the 90s blocking for him? Troy's stats were bad during those years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s kind of crazy how successful Dallas has been historically yet they have no 35,000 yard passers in their history. NFL has had 33 35,000 yard passers are 0 were Cowboys. Staubach was in the military, Romo had bad injury problems, Troy was on a run first team, and White was a backup for too long.
By the end of September of the 2025 season (next year), Dak will have passed 35,000 passing yards...and become the first Cowboys QB to do it.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lol if Aikman played in Daks offensive systems and against today's NFL defenses he'd have 50,000 yds
Lol
And we'd have at least 2 more super bowls
Aikman would have Dan Mario statistics if he didn't spend most of his career handing the ball off to a Hall of Fame RB.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
By the end of September of the 2025 season (next year), Dak will have passed 35,000 passing yards...and become the first Cowboys QB to do it.
That is probable, but Jerry is unfortunately leaving out the possibility that he crosses that milestone as a Raider. I don’t know why that door is still open, but the longer it is the closer that scenario becomes.