Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t know what your point is.

You realize Jim Kelly was in a run-and-shoot offense don’t you? I don’t know why you quoted me three times but Steve Young also played in a West-coast style offense. Both of those were different than the kind of offense the Cowboys played — timing based on that depended more on the runner (Emmitt) than the others — which were more pass oriented. I guarantee you two of those QBs would trade their stats and 0 and 1 SB(s) for Aikman’s 3 any day.
So with the most dominant run game a career passing ratio of 1 TD to 1 INT is good?

Please tell what era that is good in?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can just picture Dak playing on that 1989 team. He never would have survived it. He never would have made it to the 1992 team.
If Aikman made it to 92 Dak certainly would have. Aikman was suffering one concussion after another along with several other injuries including his back. Dak can take punishment much better than Aikman. He’s run over defenders and gotten up from hits that would have left Aikman concussed. Not trying to knock Aikman’s toughness but he wasn’t near as durable as Dak who didn’t miss a single game his first 4 seasons. He’s only had two seasons where he missed a game due to injury. Even when the Cowboys had great teams Aikman was suffering injuries.

GINeric

Reaction score
The response will be Stsubach and Aikman each have a dozen playoff wins. Current QB has two.

Then the responses to that is Staubach and Aikman both had better coaching, better running games, better defenses who could stop the run and didn't play in an era where most of your best players didn't leave due to Free Agency, especially Staubach.

Would anyone disagree with any of those facts?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I am not pissing on Aikman. His numbers speak for themselves - the only ones people want to talk about are the 3 SB's.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/dallas-cowboys/leaders/career-passing-tdintratio

How is reminding people of Aikman's stats pissing on him? Please explain?
What you are missing is the fact that Aikman played in a different era with running backs really being the focus. You put Aikman in today’s nfl with his arm and his passing numbers would be freaking insane. That’s why I hate comparing players from different eras in the first place.

GINeric

Reaction score
Piss on Aikman all you want troll! A Dallas Cowboy fan does not piss on an all time HOF great QB. But then again, you are a Dak fan or a 49'er troll, perhaps both. Tranced again.

You make a great point. But growing up, a Dallas Cowboys fan NEVER pissed on ANY current Dallas Cowboys player.....

That's a daily occurrence here. Most of that is due to weak low IQ trolls who are undercover rival fans. We all know who they are, I don't care how long they have been here.

The cowards posting style give them away easily, especially after we win.

rambo2

Reaction score
Hasn't been accomplished yet.

Hoping - and rooting for it to happen...just like the last three seasons when the Cowboys qualified for the playoffs.
You now have a new year to try and pull them through.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
So that's why Jerry hasn't resigned him. He dosent want Dak to pass his other son Romo. May be Dak should name one of his kids Jones like Romo did. I'm kidding BTW :muttley:

RS12

Reaction score
Then the responses to that is Staubach and Aikman both had better coaching, better running games, better defenses who could stop the run and didn't play in an era where most of your best players didn't leave due to Free Agency, especially Staubach.

Would anyone disagree with any of those facts?
Staubach played in the era where WRs and QBs were allowed to be mugged, and OL could not use their hands, making his accomplishments even more incredible. He won his rings with two completely different teams and was reknowned for playing his best when the chips were down. That is why he is widely considered a top 50 player all time. The comparison between him and any modern player is a stretch though I do think Mahomes is the best i have ever seen.

As for Aikman he had a better line, a better RB, he had very good receivers, most importantly a coach who demanded excellence. The passing game rules were closer to todays but you could still unload (spearing) on the QB. Aikman took a shot his rookie year from Anthony Bell that would have ended some careers. Did Aikman have a great team, yep. Many players have great teams and don't cash in. Troy lead the team to three SB wins.

The difference is Staubach and Aikman demanded excellence from themselves and their teammates. That is why they have 25 playoff wins between them and five Lombardis. When the lights were bright they showed up and played lights out. They didn't disappear for half's of games or not show up at all. And I certainly don't remember players talking trash about them when they ex Cowboys, or their relatives talking trash as current Cowboys. For many of us we are way past stats and excuses. At 2 and 5 in the playoffs it is time to try something new. And for the record I feel the exact same about Romo.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I appreciate good QB stats, but I will gladly take any QB stats for better playoff results any day.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The defense hasn’t played well against the better teams. Look no further than last season against SF and Buffalo. We saved our worst defensive performance for the playoffs. Any QB/offense is going to run into real trouble when they have to score on practically every possession just to stay in the game because their defense is being dominated. If you’re looking for another Dak argument look elsewhere. :thumbup:
yeah sure whatever keep right on making excuses for Dak sucking when it matters

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So with the most dominant run game a career passing ratio of 1 TD to 1 INT is good?

Please tell what era that is good in?
Do you even read what people write? Or are you just going to play the “quantitative game” in the regular season? I mean, we can take a look at Aikman’s stats in the playoffs and compare them to Dak’s. But Dak hasn’t gone anywhere in the playoffs. I suppose it’s just his team’s fault while every QB other than him won their SBs only because of their teams. Well, if past history is any indication, that is until the improbable happens and Dak does it, then it’ll be all him.