Dak Prescott just needs 4,725 yards to become the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading passing leader

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career. Over 1 Int per game.

Tony Romo had a passer rating of 93.0 with 1,316 yards, 8 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career. .33 Int per game.

Dak Prescott has a passer rating of 91.8 with 1,962 yards, 14 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in 7 games in the playoffs in his career. .5 Int per game.
Wow you can copy stats. What’s your point?

In the three years that Aikman led teams won SBs, he threw 18 TDs to 3 INTs.

In the zero years that Dak led teams won SBs, umm…I got nothing.

Oh here’s another Cowboys’ QB stats:

Roger Staubach had a passer rating of 76.0 with 2,791 yards, 24 touchdowns and 19 interceptions in 20 games in the playoffs in his career.

“Terrible”. Dak is obviously better than him.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow you can copy stats. What’s your point?

In the three years that Aikman led teams won SBs, he threw 18 TDs to 3 INTs.

In the zero years that Dak led teams won SBs, umm…I got nothing.

Oh here’s another Cowboys’ QB stats:

Roger Staubach had a passer rating of 76.0 with 2,791 yards, 24 touchdowns and 19 interceptions in 20 games in the playoffs in his career.

“Terrible”. Dak is obviously better than him.
You just proved Roger and Troy had exceptional teams around them, which they actually did.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Aikman made it to 92 Dak certainly would have. Aikman was suffering one concussion after another along with several other injuries including his back. Dak can take punishment much better than Aikman. He’s run over defenders and gotten up from hits that would have left Aikman concussed. Not trying to knock Aikman’s toughness but he wasn’t near as durable as Dak who didn’t miss a single game his first 4 seasons. He’s only had two seasons where he missed a game due to injury. Even when the Cowboys had great teams Aikman was suffering injuries.
Dak has panic attacks against playoff teams like GB. I can just picture him playing the NFC east teams of the late 80's and early 90's. I'm not even talking about injuries, I'm talking about his mental status.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“Lucky”. We’re lucky Dak threw multiple picks against the 9ers in 2022? Or lucky that he had the worst stretch of his career without Zeke in 2017 and missed the playoffs? Are we lucky that we didn’t see an epic playoff run in 2023 because you were down 27 points at halftime against a 7 seed?

I don’t know how much luck was involved in that.
Ouch

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I want Dak to stay in Dallas forever. Have you even been listening?
This is the part that's short circuiting him. He can't compute that Eagles fans want Dak to stay here because it means no chance of us winning a SB any time soon. Even if we sweep you guys in the regular season, and keep you out of the playoffs, you know we're going to see Playoff Prescott show up at some point and crush our dreams.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We got the usual suspects up in here doing straight up stats comparisons without adjusting for rules changes that have inflated stats for QBs across the board.

This is very dishonest.

It's also why playoffs matter. No stat inflation is going to help substandard QBs there, and that is why we got nothing out of Romo or Dak - they are both phonies who got pretty stats because of the modern rules, but get exposed as soon as things get real in the playoffs.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That will officially move him ahead of Tony Romo as the 4th best QB in Cowboy's history.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You don't believe it? He just had an outstanding season and will have another one this year. You don't think so?
No im simply saying the team is worse than last year and you’re saying now all of a sudden Dak is going to win 2 Lombardi trophies?

phildadon86

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score

We thought the Romo era was pass happy but he missed too many seasons to injury only fully completing 7. Dak in his full 8th season has an opportunity to pass it. He missed part of one season due to injury.

Despite his failings in playoffs and whatever we think of abilities he’s been a more prolific passer than many want to accept. These numbers speak for themselves. If he resigns he could become the all time passing leader for decades to come.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You just proved Roger and Troy had exceptional teams around them, which they actually did.
No. All it proves is they had good enough teams around them for them to help lead them to a SB. No one knew that the 92 Cowboys were good enough until they went out and did it. Then followed it up with two more SB wins for three of them in four years.

None of which proves your ever implicit argument that Dak didn’t have a good enough team around him to help lead them to a SB. If a team is a #1 and #2 seed in the playoffs that is a sufficient enough reason to believe that they did. Now there might be other reasons that they didn’t win one, but the stats of two QBs who played decades before him doesn’t help nor hinder any argument concerning Dak.

CWR

Reaction score
Regular season games are now the barometer. When did that change?

Miami’s playoff hopes and success is entirely centered around Josh Allen’s season. LAC’s playoff hopes and success is entirely dependent on Patrick Mahomes. LAR’s playoff hopes and success is tremendously impacted by Brock Purdy.

And Philadelphia’s playoff aspirations and success is not impeded by Dak Prescott. Why on Earth would I ever want that to change? Extend Dak forever.

I will trade going 1-1 or 0-2 against the Cowboys for more playoff wins and SB appearances every single year. See? We can both get what we want.
Yeah that's not about Dak. If we met in the playoffs and Philly somehow managed to beat these Dak led teams you'd have an argument.

Having not met in the playoffs you're affected by seeding alone, and Dak hasn't been a "positive" for Philly in regards to division titles and playoff seeding.

I can't see how keeping him in Dallas is at all beneficial to ANY division teams. Despite his and the teams flaws he's absolutely been the daddy of the NFC East.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that is something that should be expected from a quarterback that started every game he could, starting from game #1 in his rookie season.

Dak Prescott is the only quarterback in Cowboys history to start every game as a rookie.

Comparing Dak to all other 125 QB's in NFL history after playing 8 seasons with 2000 pass attempts, he is ranked 8th in passing yards, 5th in passer rating, 1st in completion rate, 6th in TD's, 6th lowest INT percentage, and 11th in game winning drives.
Played every series he was healthy, even "meaningless" games when normally the star QBs gets rest and protection from injury.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that's not about Dak. If we met in the playoffs and Philly somehow managed to beat these Dak led teams you'd have an argument.

Having not met in the playoffs you're affected by seeding alone, and Dak hasn't been a "positive" for Philly in regards to division titles and playoff seeding.

I can't see how keeping him in Dallas is at all beneficial to ANY division teams. Despite his and the teams flaws he's absolutely been the daddy of the NFC East (during regular season).
You forgot "regular season".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is the part that's short circuiting him. He can't compute that Eagles fans want Dak to stay here because it means no chance of us winning a SB any time soon. Even if we sweep you guys in the regular season, and keep you out of the playoffs, you know we're going to see Playoff Prescott show up at some point and crush our dreams.
Eagles fans are idiots. They use to want to see Troy every year. Not sure why we are using that fanbase as some sort of validation for our opinion.