Dak Prescott leads NFL in yards, TD passes, passer rating, CPOE, EPA, and success rate vs man coverage

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude, those are all 2023 stats.

What about the last 27 YEARS ?!?!

While Dak was still crawling around looking for his binkie with a full diaper, Brett Favre was on his way to the Super Bowl!!!!

You Dak lovers are ridiculous!
What's the matter? It bothers you for fans to be proud to have such a good QB? You sound as bad as the haters!

Jipper

Reaction score
Ehhh the team screwed up when it mattered. He didn't commit the false start penalty. He did take a sack afterwards though. A sack he had to take because his RT got beat....
He had 2 drives to get it done and he didn't do it, it's more on him than anyone else.

We can agree to disagree but he is not a qb that can find a way to win against very good teams when it matters...and he has shown that time and time again

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Dude, those are all 2023 stats.

What about the last 27 YEARS ?!?!

While Dak was still crawling around looking for his binkie with a full diaper, Brett Favre was on his way to the Super Bowl!!!!

You Dak lovers are ridiculous!
This doesn’t make sense on a couple of different levels.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yes he played well, but unfortunately when it mattered most he failed and that is kinda his calling...I will give him credit if he can keep playing well and beat some quality opponents.

Should he get this team to 13 wins he will have earned his next contact
Yep, that's it.
Ehhh the team screwed up when it mattered. He didn't commit the false start penalty. He did take a sack afterwards though. A sack he had to take because his RT got beat....
That sounds like apportioning blame away from Dak again. He is paid to overcome these issues, to win a SB he'll have to succeed despite the mistakes of lesser team mates, that's why he's paid the money.

This is a really promising stretch of form and the incremental increase in opposition over the next few weeks is ideal for ramping up play for the end of season.....however, lets judge this at the end of the season as we've seen this 'midseason promise' film before and we know how it's ended.

starfan1

Reaction score
nothing new here. most of the in the know Cowboy fans already knew Dak played best against man. against zone is reading the defense, manipulating the defense and anticipation vs man is to go through your progressions and throw to the open receiver
No disagreement he doesn’t play as well against zone but I was told by the experts at the zone he’s only a 1 read qb so how is it he goes through progressions

Part of our issues with the niners is we get beat up front on both sides of the ball. That’s when we get deer in headlights Dak

starfan1

Reaction score
Yep, that's it.

That sounds like apportioning blame away from Dak again. He is paid to overcome these issues, to win a SB he'll have to succeed despite the mistakes of lesser team mates, that's why he's paid the money.

This is a really promising stretch of form and the incremental increase in opposition over the next few weeks is ideal for ramping up play for the end of season.....however, lets judge this at the end of the season as we've seen this 'midseason promise' film before and we know how it's ended.
How does Daks pay overcome a false start ? Pay off a ref lol.

It’s stil a team game and his position is reliant on others doing their job. All these Dak is paid to overcome other defects in the team has either not played team sports or just plain want another qb so bad they are dug in

We have 2 weak spots on the line center and RT if they both get manhandled on same play it’s does make things hard on the QB

Dak needs to use his legs at all costs because we don’t have a replacement for Steele right now

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ahhh how quickly people dismiss his play at the end of the Eagles game. Don't worry it's coming! The train is going to crash in the playoffs. That's what separates the real QBs from the fakes.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ahhh how quickly people dismiss his play at the end of the Eagles game. Don't worry it's coming! The train is going to crash in the playoffs. That's what separates the real QBs from the fakes.
Watching Cowboys games with you must be fun.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How does Daks pay overcome a false start ? Pay off a ref lol.

It’s stil a team game and his position is reliant on others doing their job. All these Dak is paid to overcome other defects in the team has either not played team sports or just plain want another qb so bad they are dug in

We have 2 weak spots on the line center and RT if they both get manhandled on same play it’s does make things hard on the QB

Dak needs to use his legs at all costs because we don’t have a replacement for Steele right now
He's the QB and has to overcome problems on the field.......no QB has won a SB without overcoming adversity, suck it up and perform.

You pointing out the weaknesses in the O-Line is exactly the reason why you look to Dak and his contract.....an expensive QB has to work with lesser tools, that's just the law of the CAP.

Stepping up in the face of adversity (rather than apportioning blame) is the mark of the elite QB........and is still the one question that Dak hasnt overcome.

starfan1

Reaction score
He's the QB and has to overcome problems on the field.......no QB has won a SB without overcoming adversity, suck it up and perform.

You pointing out the weaknesses in the O-Line is exactly the reason why you look to Dak and his contract.....an expensive QB has to work with lesser tools, that's just the law of the CAP.

Stepping up in the face of adversity (rather than apportioning blame) is the mark of the elite QB........and is still the one question that Dak hasnt overcome.
You’re dug in that’s ok we can agree to disagree . The only place I can get to where your at is I acknowledge the best opportunity to win championships is on the qb rookie contract but that’s not Daks fault

I’ll wait on how many qb have won championships on their own overcoming team weakness even great Mahomes failed when his line got injured and he had back ups

Why didn’t he overcome that weakness. Ultimately it’s team game and regardless of pay QBs need help. Blame Jerry for paying Dak

Hadenough

Reaction score
Watching Cowboys games with you must be fun.
Mehhh I'm just more competitive than most in this forum. I could care less about beating up on the Giants who have no QB is nothing to celebrate. I'm still pissed at Daks awful play at the end of the Philly game.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You’re dug in that’s ok we can agree to disagree . The only place I can get to where your at is I acknowledge the best opportunity to win championships is on the qb rookie contract but that’s not Daks fault

I’ll wait on how many qb have won championships on their own overcoming team weakness even great Mahomes failed when his line got injured and he had back ups

Why didn’t he overcome that weakness. Ultimately it’s team game and regardless of pay QBs need help. Blame Jerry for paying Dak
But Mahomes dragged his team back vrs the Eagles last year.....this isnt a constant, sometimes you can succeed, sometimes you fail......

However, in Dak's case he never appears to be able to drag the team when it needs a TD and the clocks running (unless you count the 3-13-1 Texans in 2022). The recent SFX2 Play-off games and now the recent Eagles game are prime examples where he's not able to function in that most crucial moments (indeed the Eagles game, upto the last 5 minutes he was outstanding and was able to overcame or put behind him any of those issues....but last five minutes he just isnt able to perform as in the SF games).

Im dug ??? Im dug in that I can see him playing well, however, im not anointing him until he can show that he can lead us to at least a couple of victories when he's come back from a deficit and/or a late TD win.....otherwise we're probably just going to fail as we havent the CAP to build a roster that can dominate the team (due mainly to a shaky O-Line).

starfan1

Reaction score
Mehhh I'm just more competitive than most in this forum. I could care less about beating up on the Giants who have no QB is nothing to celebrate. I'm still pissed at Daks awful play at the end of the Philly game.
Are you also mad at the RT who gave up 12 pressures and 4 sacks?Are you mad at the LG who false started?
How bout the crappy no call on Gallup

Nvmd it’s QB job t overcome all other aspects of team . I forgot

When the season started I had an L penciled in that game so the fact that we had a good chance is a testament to how good these boys can be ( officials may have helped us out a bit at the end ) but I thought those were mostly legit

Dak is the cause of climate change I get it

GINeric

Reaction score
Yes he played well, but unfortunately when it mattered most he failed and that is kinda his calling...I will give him credit if he can keep playing well and beat some quality opponents.

Should he get this team to 13 wins he will have earned his next contact

Beat quality opponents??? He's 23-25 vs teams with winning records. I know you guys like to pretend he never led us past good teams to fit your narratives, but the record says different.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
But Mahomes dragged his team back vrs the Eagles last year.....this isnt a constant, sometimes you can succeed, sometimes you fail......

However, in Dak's case he never appears to be able to drag the team when it needs a TD and the clocks running (unless you count the 3-13-1 Texans in 2022). The recent SFX2 Play-off games and now the recent Eagles game are prime examples where he's not able to function in that most crucial moments (indeed the Eagles game, upto the last 5 minutes he was outstanding and was able to overcame or put behind him any of those issues....but last five minutes he just isnt able to perform as in the SF games).

Im dug ??? Im dug in that I can see him playing well, however, im not anointing him until he can show that he can lead us to at least a couple of victories when he's come back from a deficit and/or a late TD win.....otherwise we're probably just going to fail as we havent the CAP to build a roster that can dominate the team (due mainly to a shaky O-Line).

Dak isn’t mahomes…..mahomes when it’s all said and done may be the greatest quarterback talent to ever play the game. If that’s the bar then dak and thousands of others will fall short. That doesn’t mean dak isn’t good enough to get us where we want but comparing dak to mahomes is silly as hell.

Mahomes is one of one

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Beat quality opponents??? He's 23-25 vs teams with winning records. I know you guys like to pretend he never led us past good teams to fit your narratives, but the record says different.
Again, that's an unqualified stat. Now give us the stat on....when he's played winning teams, trailing by more than 3 points in the last 5 minutes.....because for me that's the area he really struggles (or when trailing by 14 pts).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak isn’t mahomes…..mahomes when it’s all said and done may be the greatest quarterback talent to ever play the game. If that’s the bar then dak and thousands of others will fall short. That doesn’t mean dak isn’t good enough to get us where we want but comparing dak to mahomes is silly as hell.

Mahomes is one of one
I never said he was, I was responding to a post that mentioned that Mahomes had failed in a SB!!!