Twitter: Dak Prescott made Cowboys QB history during 2019 season

12+88=7

Reaction score
I don't agree with that assessment. If the Cowboys weren't satisfied with Dak, they would have drafted or brought in serious competition at the QB position by now.

But they are not satisfied ENOUGH to sign Prescott to a deal.

Dallas is sitting on the fence and this could go either way. If Dallas was 100% in, there would be no doubt.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Any players in the NFLwill have some breaking stats if you looking for one.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But they are not satisfied ENOUGH to sign Prescott to a deal.

Dallas is sitting on the fence and this could go either way. If Dallas was 100% in, there would be no doubt.
Uhhh, the Cowboys "exclusive" rights tagging Dak early this off-season proves how much they want Dak. They didn't want to risk allowing other teams to outbid them and lose Dak. THAT should answer your question and put all doubt to bed.

Javier

Reaction score
So why did you come and post in here? Just to complain? Couldn't pass up this thread without complaining? This is a fans forum for Cowboys players, you know? Trying to brighten up this gloom.

If i want to complain here, I will do it. Dont care what you think.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott's deal was supposed to happen last year. One year later here we are in the same place.

Not the same as others that have gotten deals.
Why was it supposed to happen last year? For the Cowboys part, they may have wanted to see another year of Dak before a big commitment, and for Dak, he may have wanted to build on his resume.

12+88=7

Reaction score
It was not suppose to be done last year. He and Cooper bet on themselves.

Before the season started Dallas could have gotten a new deal done but they chose not to. They wanted to see more before committing. They have seen more and are still not committing.

John813

Reaction score
Under Garrett our best success came from rushing yard totals instead of passing yards.

When Romo was breaking records we were .500 as well.

Be curious how MM runs this offense and the hopeful success we see from his strategy.

Can this team win more games with a heavy passing game or will it be the run game that leads this team to more victories?

12+88=7

Reaction score
Uhhh, the Cowboys "exclusive" rights tagging Dak early this off-season proves how much they want Dak. They didn't want to risk allowing other teams to outbid them and lose Dak. THAT should answer your question and put all doubt to bed.

That's so they don't get caught without a QB with no fall back plan in place. Stop being literal, read between the lines.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Why was it supposed to happen last year? For the Cowboys part, they may have wanted to see another year of Dak before a big commitment, and for Dak, he may have wanted to build on his resume.

You strike when the irons hot. You don't hedge.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's so they don't get caught without a QB with no fall back plan in place. Stop being literal, read between the lines.
Uhhh, hello. They have Cooper Rush as backup. Why haven't the Cowboys gone after a free agent veteran QB right now during free agency if they didn't believe Dak is their franchise QB?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Its the same story over and over again. Give Romo a defense and let's see what he can do. Oops I mean Dak. Give Dak a defense and let's see what he can do. Teams win games. But if you have a QB that can put up a good stat line then your half way there.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So why did you come and post in here? Just to complain? Couldn't pass up this thread without complaining? This is a fans forum for Cowboys players, you know? Trying to brighten up this gloom.
Um...it's a discussion board. I don;t see the rule that you can;t offer a differing or even negative opinion.

I actually agree with him. 2019 doesn't exist in my mind. Started so promising, then sheet the bed. EVERYONE! including Dak.

The irony of people reminding others "It's a team game" refuse to put any onus whatsoever on Dak. "Oh but lookit these shiny stats!".

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Um...it's a discussion board. I don;t see the rule that you can;t offer a differing or even negative opinion.

I actually agree with him. 2019 doesn't exist in my mind. Started so promising, then sheet the bed. EVERYONE! including Dak.

The irony of people reminding others "It's a team game" refuse to put any onus whatsoever on Dak. "Oh but lookit these shiny stats!".
Complain away. Don't complain when one gives it right back at you. Not everyone want to be all doom and gloom.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Dak may have benefited from a different play caller and different routes. I believe in him until proven otherwise. The growing number of late throws as the last 2 seasons have progressed is concerning, all cannot be written off as injury.
hopefully it's a non issue.