Twitter: Dak Prescott made Cowboys QB history during 2019 season

Batman1980

Reaction score
That's wonderful. What was his record again?

4-8 against teams not named the Giants and Commanders?

Well thankfully he had the highest paid runningback in NFL history to help shoulder the load in those games. Oh.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
always remember.

Jerry Jones and pretty much all of the local media said last year during training camp that the 2019 team was the most talented team since the 90's superbowl teams.

Lol.
They were.

MikeB80

Reaction score
They were.

not even close.

The 07, 09 and 14 teams were better and on talent alone the 08 team was light years better. I believe the 06 team was better too.

The 98-99 teams were much better also.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Uhhh, hello. They have Cooper Rush as backup. Why haven't the Cowboys gone after a free agent veteran QB right now during free agency if they didn't believe Dak is their franchise QB?

Dude think. Cooper Rush, are you serious.

So Dallas is going to go into the season with Rush as the starter. Are you insane. This forum and every other forum would be in total meltdown. That was never a thought.

I'm just going by the actions of the players. Again, if Dallas wanted Prescott so bad they would give him his four years and get the deal done.

There are 3 months left, we'll see what happens. Till then, enjoy the draft.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Complain away. Don't complain when one gives it right back at you. Not everyone want to be all doom and gloom.

Oh nice hyperbole there! ""all" doom and gloom" huh? LOL.

It's not "doom and gloom" to ignore the stupid bickering back and forth...."oh but this stat...no THAT stat...everything proves MY opinion is right!"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
not even close.

The 07, 09 and 14 teams were better and on talent alone the 08 team was light years better. I believe the 06 team was better too.

Your opinion.

817Gill

Reaction score
Apparently the two sides didn't see it the same as you do
The one part he conveniently leaves out is that it takes two parties to sign a deal. The Cowboys offered multiple contracts last year eclipsing 30M and Dak didn’t want to sign; hence the whole “he bet on himself” thing lol. Such a false equivalency to say since he’s not signed as of now the team doesn’t want him.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The thing I struggle with were the number of games where Dallas just got their butts handed to them.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401128029

The Green Bay game where it was 31 to 3 at one point. The defense was terrible but the offense couldn't do anything either. GB basically packed it in late and Dak finished with 463 of the most meaningless yards any quarterback has ever had.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401128017

The Buffalo game where it was 26-7 at one point and the offense was completely worthless when the game mattered. Again, Buffalo went into prevent later in the game and Dak finished with 355 yards.

There were several other games where the offense was terrible and Dak couldn't do anything. NO, NYJ, @Phil, etc.

I just really struggle to give Dak any credit for last year. Most of his yards seemed like when Dallas was either up big or down big. When the game was in the balance, he came up short.

Side note: In general, I think Dallas can win with Dak as QB but you need a significantly better defense, better special teams and just more discipline in general. He is a bus driver who isn't going to lose you many games and will hit open receivers but he isn't going to carry a mediocre team deep in the playoffs.

Big_D

Reaction score
I love empty stats. They're great! While playing from behind a large majority of the season. Meanwhile in Philly... the game where you hope they put up numbers? Nope. Just what you come to expect. No real surprise. But we'll talk about how amazing he was in November. One week before losing 3 in a row.. lol

johneric8

Reaction score
Er, yeah but pretty obscure stats. You could probably find stats like that on every Dallas QB ever and call them 'record breakers'. BTW, I like Dak, I'm not bashing him, it's just that you can use stats to say anything.
What? You can't use stats to say anything? The stat posted says Dak passed for 3000 yards in 10 games and was the only to do it! correct me if I'm wrong hear people but that stat does indeed say something :laugh::angry:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You and all these threads spouting the greatness of Prescott, but the Dallas front office for some reason does not agree with you.

If Dallas really thought that Prescott was the "one" the 4 year/5year issue that is supposedly holding up the deal wouldn't exist. Dallas not only would have signed Prescott for 4 years, but would have done it last year.
That's because Dallas wants to sign Dak to 7 years...... you know keep him longer. Teams wouldn't do that if they didn't want the player

aikemirv

Reaction score
not even close.

07 and 09 offensive lines were horrendous

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stop with the words. Where are the actions. Is there pen to paper?
They are currently negotiating. You are aware that is how this works right?I'm amazed every offseason people have this same talk. Its like you guys forget the previous offseason of what was discussed.

Before the season started Dallas could have gotten a new deal done but they chose not to. They wanted to see more before committing. They have seen more and are still not committing.
No that is NOT true. Dallas were in negotiations with both Cooper and Dak last year. Are you making this stuff up or what's going on? You're making things up to fit this narrative that is simply untrue.