Twitter: Dak Prescott made Cowboys QB history during 2019 season

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The defensive ranking was completely misleading it’s based totally on yards. We can’t make key stops, we don’t get turnovers and can’t keep teams out of the end zone in critical situations. Our defensive ranking doesn’t tell you that.

Neither does the offensive stats lol

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
You’re wrong. lol We had six games over 30 points and two games over 40 so the offensive numbers tell you something. Those stats led to a lot of points.

I'm not wrong the offense costed some of those games. But its by far not the big problem with this team. They just need to fix why they didn't show up for almost half the games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm not wrong the offense costed some of those games. But its by far not the big problem with this team. They just need to fix why they didn't show up for almost half the games.

What cost us offensively was the run blocking wasn’t good last season. Zeke got stuffed in a few games which put the offense on Dak’s shoulders. Our place kicker was missing makeable kicks which was another problem. Our biggest issue is on defense. We need more pass rush and takeaways.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Meh...2019 will just go down as another year the Cowboys missed the playoffs.

How do you like those apples? Taste good??

Yea well I think they suck!
Their coaching sucked which is why they're gone, so I agree with you there. Certain players sucked as well, along with playcalling. The kicker certainly sucked.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol.
I just don't see how personal stats justify the failure of that person to make plays when the season was on the line.
How did the WRs do by leading the league in drops? How about our $15 million dollar man have several games where he didn't even run for 50 yards thanks to our league leading overpaid Oline not opening up holes for him? What about our stud WRs taking plays off, especially standing on the sidelines at the end of crucial games? Or how about the questionable playcalling where we should have stuck to the pass when it was rolling, instead of trying to force the run when our RB couldn't even gain more than 50 yards all game? What about the drive killing penalties? What about our league leading FGs missed kicker who cost us at least 2-3 games and wasn't cut until the 2nd week of December?

Nah, it's much easier for you simpletons to just blame Dak. Got it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Offense doesnt show up every game. Sometimes you play great defenses, sometimes you play in bad weather, and other times things just dont go your way. Turnovers, calls, ect.....ect... Sometimes you just arent good enough. Sometimes your young OC or HC gets out coached by a better coach.

The best teams can win in different ways. Defense, special teams, coaching. These 3 items are where the Cowboys are sorely lacking.

Cowboys were actually #2 in the NFL in yard differential. For example, Ravens were #1 and KC was 10th.

Problem with the Cowboys is that they usually lost the field position battle. Not many defensive turnovers to put the offense in short field for easy scores. Defense rarely scored.

Cowboys would drive 60 yards and miss a FG or have a bad penalty and kill a drive.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What cost us offensively was the run blocking wasn’t good last season. Zeke got stuffed in a few games which put the offense on Dak’s shoulders. Our place kicker was missing makeable kicks which was another problem. Our biggest issue is on defense. We need more pass rush and takeaways.

Garrett was the head coach. That would probably take care of 4 of the 6 games offense was bad. Playing against the #1 D in New England in the windy rain would take care of another.

rags747

Reaction score
How many yards on odd vs even dates? I heard he broke the record for both odd and even dates, first time in the history of the universe.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you serious?
The Cowboys were 8-8 in the worst division in the NFL and couldn't beat a crippled Eagles team to get into the playoffs
source.gif

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't see how a stat improves him as a passer. Quarterbacks don't play in a vacuum, a lot of other factors go in to their stats. For example, in many cases the quarterback of the losing team has over 300 yards passing. There's a reason for that. and it's not that he is a better passer.
They wont ever recognize that, they only see the stat line, and never the actual talent level.
Dak is a decent QB,, decent,, maybe even marginally good,, but those wishing that this team has a great QB, just keep eyeballing those meaningless stats.