Dak Prescott named NFL Man of the Year

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No one has ever deserved it more. For all he has been through in his life, for how he carries himself, for what he has accomplished and for all of the disrespect he takes.

No one.

I teared up....I saw people in the crowd like Namath as well.
I can't even hate on him too much. After all, he was a pretty forgiving teammate himself when it came to how he approached the Maher situation. Some QBs would not have handled that in such a way. Of course, those quarterbacks may have had a point. But there's something to sticking by your teammates once they've been a part of it up until then.

I didn't like how he played at San Fran. And I can't make any excuses for him, whereas last year, there were several other things outside of his control.

They did this to us back in 1994, too, sent us home after the playoffs.

We had the answer when that happened back then: we went and got Deion.

We may suffer a couple more years with Dak, and we may not win again if we try to draft Shedeur Sanders to replace him. But he at least gives you hope and at least he's a class act as a human being.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
In other words Dak lost his number one receiver to the Cleveland browns for a ham sandwich he struggled in some games through some INTs but took us further than we had gone in a long time.

The struggles he had this year should no way minimize the fact he won this award it shows his commitment as a man and what he is capable of if he has the tools to do the job.

You want to blame somebody look to Jerry he fails to give the team the tools to do the job.
Don't bash a guy when he's given a claw hammer to do a job that requires a sledge

Exactly, I'll just say this. It's a shame that the Joneses run this team on emotion rather than logic. If they did, then, if they were hellbent on getting rid of Coop, they might have been able to get a better pick. Especially since the Eagles got AJ Brown for a 1st. I'd imagine we could've gotten a first for Coop it Jerry was so angry at Coop and trashed him in the media.

rags747

Reaction score
You can see why Jerry loves Dak as the face of the Franchise so much. Dak is a great human being, so nice to see him always give major props to his mom. Love the suit!

Nav22

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Dak (or any other athlete) be paid to perform ON the field?
Did you whine like this when Jason Witten won the award?

Seek help. Dak's 1,000X the man you'll ever be.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m sure he’s a super nice guy off the field. That’s the problem here. People can’t separate the 2. You love him or you hate him? lol It’s like 2 rival gangs in a dance off!
He is a lot more than a super nice guy.

Nav22

Reaction score
I think he should retire from football to focus full time on charitable activities.
Remember when you assured us after last season that there's NO WAY he'd still be considered top 10 by NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs leading up to the 2022 season?

Good times! Let's hope you're smart enough to keep your mouth shut this offseason.

Top 10, like it or not.

We know that cuts you deeply.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Huh?? Not sure what you're implying. My post was sincere. I am aware of this and was commending Dak for turning out to be a man of true character....something his Mom would be proud of.
that wasn't to you directly. that was to a lot of dak detractors (and fans) that will make this something other than the Humane aspect of the athletes they hate or adore.

my comment was that his mom has passed away.... and if my response came away as insensitive, then I apologie

Blackrain

Reaction score
So criticizing Dak means comparing his man of the year award to that of soldiers getting a CMH (at times posthumously because they died) for bravery under direct fire?????

Some of you people have something wrong morally.
Thanks for making my point some of the people on this forum have such an unfounded hate that there is something wrong with them morally.

They just can't acknowledge any good whatsoever

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Remember when you assured us after last season that there's NO WAY he'd still be considered top 10 by NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs leading up to the 2022 season?

Good times! Let's hope you're smart enough to keep your mouth shut this offseason.

Top 10, like it or not.

We know that cuts you deeply.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Top 1 in INTS!

Go Dak!